Embedded help.

JohnOne

GUISwitch() maybe?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

There was no trouble buddy.

EDIT:

And as a matter of fact, I just came to this thread to get the link for wiki, since I am having a similar

issue where the second gui (Which has its own loop) does not seem to be processing messages

from its controls, with the first GUI disabled or otherwise.

I'll have a lot of fun getting to the bottom of it anyway :)

I finaly made it thanks to you.

My programms' second gui seem to be processing messages fine.

I'm having a web browser at the second gui and a button and they work fine :/

I feel nothing.It feels great.

Good Shout GEOSoft, I had not thought to try that, but alas, I'm still baffled.

My main script is set to On Event Mode, so first I tried Option On Event Mode 0 upon

entering function for extra gui and turn it back on upon exit

Then I tried making own events for $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE and the gui's single button

And finally GUISwitch.

Also along the way GuiSetState(@SW_DISABLE,$wnd) and enable.

I'm hitting a brick wall, the second gui definitely stays in its own loop I'm certain of that

but although the second gui will respond to minimize, it will not respond to button, or close

and if I set an event for minimize that too is ignored and the default behaviour is performed.

I'm at the point now where I think it must be something else in script, as all the examples I try

stand alone work fine, and reproducing how I think my own script should behave works fine

too, if I just have a couple of functions.

I'm like a pig in shit to be honest :)

EDIT:

The script is just a project I keep all my useful personal tools wrapped in and is over a bakers dozen k lines

so its not worth posting it.

Also, nine times out of ten it turns out to be something really fundamental I've overlooked.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

That sounds more like an event handler problem since you are using Event Mode.

Have you used separate event handlers for the close function for each GUI?

EDIT: That's one of the reasons I prefer to just show/hide GUI windows rather than delete them BTW.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"