_IECreateEmbedded and Inconsistent Failures on Google Music

residualimages

Using an IECreateEmbedded object within a GUI, I can neither get Google Music to consistently work, nor consistently break.

Some of the time, it works exactly as expected. I can sign in, or if I have clicked "remember me" and not logged out, it will load directly into Google Music.

However, when I click play, randomly it will either (A) work or (B ) say "Oops, we have a technical issue. Please refresh this page in your browser to get back to listening to your music. If issues persist, make sure you have Flash enabled and working", with only a "Refresh Page" button option.

Once (B ) happens, it is nearly impossible to get it to work without exiting and restarting the AutoIT script, and then it goes back to a crapshoot between (A) and (B ).

I have verified this problem exists on Windows 7 x64, IE 8 and 9, as well as Windows XP IE 8.

Any suggestions as to troubleshooting? or does anyone know how to force Google Music to the HTML5 version that I believe iPads use with some nifty userAgent strings and AutoIT?

I do NOT encounter any issues with an _IECreate object, nor using IE outside of AutoIT, in any of those environments...

Edited by residualimages

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread because it continues to irk me. AutoIT v3.3.8.1. Google Labs for Music allows you to set HTML 5 audio. I have that set. IE9. What gives? Same issues as documented above. Even tried to see if the embedded was reporting a version that Google thought was not HTML 5 compliant.

• 1 month later...

Was not able to really figure out a consistent reason for the problem, nor a fix.

Currently my workaround is to create a standalone _IECreate'd object, created a child GUI, and just poll the IE object window for size changes / moves and mirror those changes to the child GUI I attach to the bottom:

Posted Image