New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

• Developers

Currently having too many (3) different Source tree's I am looking at so its easy to make mistakes and the Lite version has a lot of stuff "taken out" to keep it lite.

Thanks,

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have update the Current available Beta SciTE v2.28, SciLexer and SciTEGlobal.properties to enable the fold.highlight and us RED for that.

@ Jos Just got in & noticed your post, that's great, downloading as I type.

Also changed the closing fold level to be consistent meaning it will fold to a single line and not showing the last statement for any fold block.

I am considering to add an extra option to support the old folding in case there are many that would like to see that option.

at this time it's probably a good idea to version the LexAu3, to make sure were on the same page when discussing it.

Here, I have versioned them, as

"LexAU3.cxx.V0" with the original I had (2007)

"LexAU3.cxx.V1 Before CS Fix" :the Scite4Autoit updated one you gave me when this thread's discussion started,

"LexAU3.cxx.V2" #CS fix 1 (not fully working)

"LexAU3.cxx.v3" #CS fix 2 (working).

So Ill refer to this one you just posted as V4.

on V3, as I told you, for my own use, I did end up quickly modifying it slightly to support the fold.highlight,

& bring it in line with other languages display wise.

(in my case , I did end up just making it use the old fold behavior if fold highlight is disabled, the V3 to V3 + fold highlight quick patch I currently use is attached)

I have been doing a lot of changes to the Folding logic including folding inside comments so let me know when there are issue.

well in that case, now that you enables support, ill just use the new one! Thanks !

Remark: The folding in commentblock doesn't support all folding since a part of the logic is basic on the lexer keyword detection which doesn't work in commentblock as that is all marked a comment.

Actually, both related & unrelated to this, here's another thing I thought would be quite useful,

if you mean all these comments detected with ';'

maybe using a specific definition for the currently unused comment.box can bring in another viable comment type,

which will also serve as a different type comment, & has its own color definition as often used.

In Autoit's case can be quite useful to tell between user comments, & udf/function comments etc.

ps: The latest Lexau3.cxx is also available in the Beta directory.

grabbing now, reporting in half an hour max.

Scintilla_2_to_6_Au3 v3 to v3 with my Foldhighlight Support.diff.txt

Edited by Zip

• Developers

Actually, both relared & unrelated to this, heres another thing I thought would be quite useful,

if you mean all these comments detected with ';'

maybe using a specific definition for the currently unused comment.box can bring in another viable comment type,

which will also serve as a different type comment, & has its own color definition as often used.

In Autoit's case can be quite useful to tell between user comments, & udf/function comments etc.

CommentBlock are comments between #cs and #ce. There is no lexing at all happening in single comment lines starting with ";"

The 2 different types of comments used to have a slightly different color green but have the same color green in the latest proposed new color scheme.

# Comment line

style.au3.1=fore:#008000,italics

# Comment block

style.au3.2=fore:#008000,italics

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I hear you, well have to discuss it later, I did not do a good job of describing my full intent, maybe I will later on.

Back to the matters at hand, Reporting:

I think I notice an End Select/Switch not shown issue when unfolded(had the same problem here at 1st, so noticed it immediately)

Edit: Im using Array.au3 so we can use the same source file to test,

looking at _ArrayDelete, "Switch UBound($avarray, 0)", with all folds folded & opening this Switch only.

Edited by Zip

Let me put it simpler: When folding a Switch statement the EndSwitch line is folded when either Switch is folded or when the final Case statement is folded. It should only be folded when Switch is folded.

Simple reproduction:

Switch
    Case $foo
        Blah()
    Case $bar
        Blah()
EndSwitch

Fold Case $bar and EndSwitch also gets folded - it shouldn't.

• Developers

I just updated to the new Autoit and SciTe and I had to remove everything at least twice. My issue now is all the tools I had before in SciTe are gone. Is there something else I must install to get back Koda, Snippets, etc?

Run the separate SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to get all tools back.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Let me put it simpler: When folding a Switch statement the EndSwitch line is folded when either Switch is folded or when the final Case statement is folded. It should only be folded when Switch is folded.

Simple reproduction:

Switch
    Case $foo
        Blah()
    Case $bar
        Blah()
EndSwitch

Fold Case $bar and EndSwitch also gets folded - it shouldn't.

Uploaded a fixed SciLexer.dll for both the Beta version of 2.28 and 3.02 to the Beta directories.

Thanks

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, what was your intent with the fix? Now EndSwitch is never folded. Was that what you were going for? I only meant that it shouldn't be folded as part of the last Case statement. I did expect it to be folded with Switch, though. It's not a big deal as it is now I just want to make sure it's working as you intend and not still broken.

• Developers

Do you have a line after EndSwitch else the folding logic will not detect the EndSwitch keyword.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

I must say I prefer the previous version. This one is too compressed for my liking - for example, I quite liked both the Func/EndFunc lines appearing. It nicely marked the boundaries between the different functions - with the new version it is just a solid block of Funcs. ;)

Of course I can live with it, but I thought you might appreciate some feedback. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Jos,

I must say I prefer the previous version. This one is too compressed for my liking - for example, I quite liked both the Func/EndFunc lines appearing. It nicely marked the boundaries between the different functions - with the new version it is just a solid block of Funcs. ;)

Of course I can live with it, but I thought you might appreciate some feedback. :)

M23

So the boundary becomes the end of line instead of end of the next line. Seems like nothing has changed on that front, just a minor adjustment to muscle memory to look in the right place for the same boundary.

• Developers

I must say I prefer the previous version. This one is too compressed for my liking - for example, I quite liked both the Func/EndFunc lines appearing. It nicely marked the boundaries between the different functions - with the new version it is just a solid block of Funcs. :)

It is reasonable easy to make the old folding available again by means of an properties setting, but also feel it is not as consequent as it should be because some blocks show the last line and some don't like for example #regions.

I must say I like the current Beta standard behavior also with the fold.highlight switched on (thanks to Zip for mentioning it).

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

if possible, an updated lexau3, in the beta dir, will help me keep up to date.

Did you check the current one ? :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, OK, had some time today & worked with some of my Au3 code,

did have some instances where highlights are being expanded beyond the closing tag,

& last close tag not folding,( & it did start to annoy me), wrote this small patch to get rid of these issues (attached).

LexAu3 v5 to V5+ FIX Last lines end tags not folding + fold highlight might show invalid range.diff.txt

Edited by Zip

God damn old people and their bad memories/eyesight.

Oi you need us old farts so you have someone to shout at cos we cant hear you ..