New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

well, despite the lack of interest , decided to get a basic proof of concept done,

in an attempt to showcase the usefulness of my advanced comment block concept,

made examples displaying:

in document Autoit Help,

Code fragments,

Color highlighting,

Comment folding.

All the best.

post-62013-0-89228300-1327908762_thumb.p

post-62013-0-62466300-1327908777_thumb.p

post-62013-0-12481000-1327909849_thumb.p

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

well, despite the lack of interest , decided to get a basic proof of concept done,

-snip-

All the best.

not sure what I have said to deserve this comment, but would appreciate in that case you dont post in this thread anymore.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Wat is going on with all of this? I don't get it. How is this better?

It's not better. It's actually worse than I thought. I originally gave it credit for being useless. This actually crosses the line between useless and hindrance. Now it's no longer possible to tell at a glance what code is commented out because commented out code looks like regular code. That means most people are likely to read the comments thinking it's live code when in fact it is not. It sort of misses the point of syntax highlighting altogether when you don't differentiate active and inactive code.

not sure what I have said to deserve this comment, but would appreciate in that case you dont post in this thread anymore.

wow ..Jos ,why do you feel that way?

not sure what I have said to upset you, I was referring to the lack of interest from the forum,

you're the only one that showed interest, & immediately recognized the issues in my bug reports,

I only posted this so you can get some idea of what I meant , following our previous discussion.

so trust me when I say this was in no way whatsoever directed at you, but as you wish, will not post again in this thread.

@Valik , made the colors stand out, so the screenshots are clear, obviously, it can be defined like anything else, but I know where you stand.

Edited by Zip

On line 436 of SciTEConfig under the Case $rc = $h_BLoaded I think I found a minor bug. Should this line:

If FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "au3.keywords.properties") = FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "DefsProductionau3.keywords.properties") Then
instead be like this:
If FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "propertiesau3.keywords.properties") = FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "DefsProductionau3.keywords.properties") Then

Edit: My bad. BrewManNH is right. Corrected. That's what I get for staying up all night!

Edited by LaCastiglione

On line 436 of SciTEConfig under the Case $rc = $h_BLoaded I think I found a minor bug. Should this line:

If FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "\au3.keywords.properties") = FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "\Defs\Production\au3.keywords.properties") Then
instead be like this:
If FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "\production\au3.keywords.properties") = FileGetSize($SciTE_Dir & "\Defs\Production\au3.keywords.properties") Then

Actually the second one shouldn't say "\production\au3.keywords.properties" I think it should be "\Properties\au3.keywords.properties". I don't have a Production folder in my SciTE directory, but the au3.keywords.properrties file is in the Properties folder under it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Is this another (albeit minor) SciTEConfig bug? Beginning on line 996 of SciTEConfig.au3:

$file_temp = _TempFile()
$handle_read = FileOpen($file_au3properties, 0)
If $handle_read = -1 Then
    ConsoleWrite('Unable to open for read ' & $file_au3properties & @LF)
    Return
EndIf
$handle_write = FileOpen($file_temp, 2)
If $handle_read = -1 Then ; < ------------------------------------------------should $handle_read be $handle_write?
    ConsoleWrite('Unable to open for write ' & $file_temp & @LF)
    FileClose($handle_read)
    Return
EndIf
Edit: I forgot to comment the line in question!

Edited by LaCastiglione

• Developers

Actually the second one shouldn't say "productionau3.keywords.properties" I think it should be "Propertiesau3.keywords.properties". I don't have a Production folder in my SciTE directory, but the au3.keywords.properrties file is in the Properties folder under it.

Correct ... will be fixed in the next version.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Is this another (albeit minor) SciTEConfig bug? Beginning on line 996 of SciTEConfig.au3:

$file_temp = _TempFile()
$handle_read = FileOpen($file_au3properties, 0)
If $handle_read = -1 Then
    ConsoleWrite('Unable to open for read ' & $file_au3properties & @LF)
    Return
EndIf
$handle_write = FileOpen($file_temp, 2)
If $handle_read = -1 Then ; < ------------------------------------------------should $handle_read be $handle_write?
    ConsoleWrite('Unable to open for write ' & $file_temp & @LF)
    FileClose($handle_read)
    Return
EndIf
Edit: I forgot to comment the line in question!

Yeap... will be fixed too in the next version.

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Is there a way to get Tidy v2.2.1.0 to not add an extra blank line at the end of a script? Tidy v2.1.0.0 didn't have this behavior.

Current Beta v2.2.1.13 has the default behaviour changed to strip the last CRLF and these options added:

Tidy.ini

*** End With NewLine: 0=Strip Lastline CRLF (default) 1=Always end with CRLF
End_With_NewLine=0

Tidy Parameter:

/End_With_NewLine or /ewnl

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

*** End With NewLine: 0=Strip Lastline CRLF (default) 1=Always end with RCLF
End_With_NewLine=0

i think you have a typo in that. it should be

1=Always end with CRLF.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

should in line 3517 also change to 230, isn´t it?

Correct and fixed in v2.1.0.17

Thanks

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

These are the default settings in SciTEGlobal.properties:

# User defined key commands

user.shortcuts=

Ctrl+Shift+V|IDM_PASTEANDDOWN|

Ctrl+PageUp|IDM_PREVFILE|

Ctrl+PageDown|IDM_NEXTFILE|

KeypadPlus|IDM_EXPAND|

KeypadMinus|IDM_BLOCK_COMMENT|

Ctrl+F1|IDM_HELP_SCITE|

Just copy it to your SciTEUser.properties and set it to what you prefer or leave them out in your copy.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a question about the Scite Editor. Before I reinstalled windows and of course Scite when I wrote an abbreviation it would color itself in red and by pressing TAB key it expanded. Now i don't remember what changes I made and it doesn't makes any difference between an abbreviaation and a simple text and also I have to press CTRL+B to expand it. Could someone help me change it like it used to be before reinstalling windows on my pc? Thank you!

[center]Sorry for my bad english. Trying my best :Dhttp://iulianonofrei.comhttp://www.last.fm/user/Revolt666 [/center]