If FileExists(GUICtrlRead($FileInputCrypt) & "*.txt") Then
MsgBox(16, "Errore", "Find txt folder")
EndIf

$Password=GUICtrlRead($UserInput)
If $Password="" Then
MsgBox(16,"Errore","No user input")
EndIf

$Path = GUICtrlRead($FileInput)
$Folders= _FileListToArray($Path, '*', 1)
$Folders[0] = "@echo off" & @CRLF
$Pre = "C:\Test.exe"
$Command = "-e -p"

For $i = 1 to UBound($Folders) -1
    $Success = $Folders[$i] = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $pre & " " & $command & " " & $Password & " " & '"' & $Path & "\" & $Folders[$i] & '"', @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
Next
If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
File_Delete()
EndIf
If $Success Then
MsgBox(0,"Information","Success")
EndIf
EndFunc

When i have error messages by MsgBox, i want simply stop to go ahead with the script, without exit.

How i can do?

N.B. If need i'll post all script, but i think i need a function, but i don't know which.

Thanks

Edited by johnmcloud

johnmcloud,

Use the Return function to end the function when you wish. I would also return a value so that the main script knows whether the function was successful or not: :)

Func Basic()
    $Folder = GUICtrlRead($FileInput)

If Not FileExists($Folder) Then
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "No folder")
        Return 0 ; End the function here and set the return value to 0 = Failure
    EndIf

If FileExists(GUICtrlRead($FileInputCrypt) & "*.txt") Then
        MsgBox(16, "Errore", "Find txt folder")
    EndIf

$Password = GUICtrlRead($UserInput)
    If $Password = "" Then
        MsgBox(16, "Errore", "No user input")
    EndIf

$Path = GUICtrlRead($FileInput)
    $Folders = _FileListToArray($Path, '*', 1)
    $Folders[0] = "@echo off" & @CRLF
    $Pre = "C:\Test.exe"
    $Command = "-e -p"

For $i = 1 To UBound($Folders) - 1
        $Success = $Folders[$i] = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $Pre & " " & $Command & " " & $Password & " " & '"' & $Path & "\" & $Folders[$i] & '"', @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
    If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
        File_Delete()
    EndIf
    If $Success Then
        MsgBox(0, "Information", "Success")
    EndIf
    Return 1 ; The function ends here and sets the return value to 1 = Success
EndFunc   ;==>Basic

Now you can call the function and check if it was a success - if it was not you could give the user a chance to enter correct data and rerun the function. You can also use Return SetError to give even more detail by using the @error and @extended macros. :D

All clear? Please ask again if not. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Use the Return function to end the function when you wish. I would also return a value so that the main script knows whether the function was successful or not: :)

Now you can call the function and check if it was a success - if it was not you could give the user a chance to enter correct data and rerun the function. You can also use Return SetError to give even more detail by using the @error and @extended macros. :D

All clear? Please ask again if not. ;)

M23

All clear, as always :)

Thanks Melba.

Edited by johnmcloud

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• funkey
      By funkey
      Hello,
      it's quite often, that someone asks how to change the texts of the MsgBox buttons or the InputBox buttons or how to change the position of ta MsgBox. Since years I use CBT hooks for that, but now I made a small UDF out of it for the ease of use. Of course you can build your own GUI or use already existing UDFs to do the same, but I like this way and you can hack (hook) the inbuild InputBox.

HookDlgBox.au3
      #include-once #include <WinAPI.au3> Global Const $tagCBT_CREATEWND = "ptr lpcs;HWND tagCBT_CREATEWND" Global Const $tagCREATESTRUCT = "ptr lpCreateParams;handle hInstance;HWND hMenu;HWND hwndParent;int cy;int cx;int y;int x;LONG style;ptr lpszName;ptr lpszClass;DWORD dwExStyle" Global $g__hProcDlgBox = DllCallbackRegister("__DlgBox_CbtHookProc", "int", "int;int;int") Global $g__TIdDlgBox = _WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId() Global $g__hHookDlgBox = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_CBT, DllCallbackGetPtr($g__hProcDlgBox), 0, $g__TIdDlgBox) Global Const $g__MaxDlgBtns = 5 ; maximum of 5 buttons to rename text Global Const $g__MaxDlgItemId = 11 ; maximun ID of buttons to search is 11 as this is the maximun used in Messagebox Global $g__DlgBoxPosX, $g__DlgBoxPosY, $g__DlgBoxWidth, $g__DlgBoxHeight Global $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$g__MaxDlgBtns] Global $g__DlgBtnCount = 0 _DlgBox_SetDefaults() OnAutoItExitRegister("__DlgBox_UnregisterHook") Func _DlgBox_SetButtonNames($TxtBtn1 = Default, $TxtBtn2 = Default, $TxtBtn3 = Default, $TxtBtn4 = Default, $TxtBtn5 = Default) $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[0] = $TxtBtn1 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[1] = $TxtBtn2 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[2] = $TxtBtn3 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[3] = $TxtBtn4 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[4] = $TxtBtn5 $g__DlgBtnCount = @NumParams EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetButtonNames Func _DlgBox_SetPosition($x = Default, $y = Default) ;only for MsgBox, not working and not needed for InputBox $g__DlgBoxPosX = $x $g__DlgBoxPosY = $y EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetPosition Func _DlgBox_SetSize($w = Default, $h = Default) $g__DlgBoxWidth = $w $g__DlgBoxHeight = $h EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetSize Func _DlgBox_SetDefaults() $g__DlgBoxPosX = Default $g__DlgBoxPosY = Default $g__DlgBoxWidth = Default $g__DlgBoxHeight = Default For $i = 0 To UBound($g__aDlgBoxBtnText) - 1 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$i] = Default Next EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetDefaults Func __DlgBox_CbtHookProc($nCode, $wParam, $lParam) Local $tcw, $tcs Local $iSearch = 0 Local $ahBtn[$g__DlgBtnCount] If $nCode < 0 Then Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndIf Switch $nCode Case 3 ;5=HCBT_CREATEWND If _WinAPI_GetClassName(HWnd($wParam)) = "#32770" Then ;Dialoig window class $tcw = DllStructCreate($tagCBT_CREATEWND, $lParam) $tcs = DllStructCreate($tagCREATESTRUCT, DllStructGetData($tcw, "lpcs")) If $g__DlgBoxPosX <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "x", $g__DlgBoxPosX) If $g__DlgBoxPosY <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "y", $g__DlgBoxPosY) If $g__DlgBoxWidth <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "cx", $g__DlgBoxWidth) If $g__DlgBoxHeight <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "cy", $g__DlgBoxHeight) EndIf Case 5 ;5=HCBT_ACTIVATE For $i = 1 To $g__MaxDlgItemId If IsHWnd(_WinAPI_GetDlgItem($wParam, $i)) Then If $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$iSearch] <> Default Then _WinAPI_SetDlgItemText($wParam, $i, $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$iSearch]) $iSearch += 1 If $iSearch >= UBound($ahBtn) Then ExitLoop EndIf Next EndSwitch Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>__DlgBox_CbtHookProc Func __DlgBox_UnregisterHook() _WinAPI_UnhookWindowsHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox) DllCallbackFree($g__hProcDlgBox) EndFunc ;==>__DlgBox_UnregisterHook Func _WinAPI_SetDlgItemText($hDlg, $nIDDlgItem, $lpString) Local $aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', "int", "SetDlgItemText", _ "hwnd", $hDlg, _ "int", $nIDDlgItem, _ "str", $lpString) Return $aRet[0] EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_SetDlgItemText  
      Simple example to see how to use it
      #include "HookDlgBox.au3" _DlgBox_SetButtonNames("1", "two", "3") MsgBox(4, "Test 1", "Custom button texts") _DlgBox_SetPosition(20, 20) MsgBox(66, "Test 2", "Custom position and button texts") _DlgBox_SetButtonNames("Submit", "Don't submit", "Don't know") InputBox("Test 3", "Where were you born?", "Planet Earth") _DlgBox_SetSize(800, 800) InputBox("Test 4", "Where were you born?", "Planet Earth") _DlgBox_SetSize(Default, 800) MsgBox(66, "Test 5", "Strange but working") _DlgBox_SetButtonNames(Default, "Wait", "What?") _DlgBox_SetSize(Default, Default) _DlgBox_SetPosition(500, 500) MsgBox(66, "Test 6", "So far so good!") _DlgBox_SetDefaults() MsgBox(6, "Test 7", "Default position and button texts") Hope you like it.

Best regards
      funkey
      HookDlgBox Example.au3
      HookDlgBox.au3
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys i am working on automating a flashing tool..When flashing is started if there is any error in connection it pops's up a error window...(as shown below)

whenever this popup appears i need a msgbox to appear saying "error occured" how can i do this?
      Thanks

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      I have autoit script like this :
      winActivate ("BillReceipt") ControlClick ( "BillReceipt", "", "[NAME:winviewer]", "right") Send ( "{ENTER}") WinWait ("Print") ControlClick ("Print", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:13]") Winwait ("Save As") WinActivate ("Save As") Send ("{TAB 5} {Backspace} ^v {Enter}") I need Saved successfully msgbox with file name as i saved like Filename.extension (Example = test.pdf is saved successfull)

Please Help
    • Mag91
      By Mag91
      Hey Everybody,
      as you know im on a very low autoit-level.
      My question is: How can i read all PDFs from a Folder wich is open and copy them to a Folder on a Desktop.

The Folder wich contains the PDFs is variable Z:\Projektls\"*"*"*EVERYTIME ANOTHER ENDING"*"*"*"*"
      There can be 1 PDF or even 15 PDFs.
      i tried it with _FileListToArray and _FileCopy but i Need some help to understand this language

THANKS!

• Verssuss
      By Verssuss
      hi guys i want avoid to multiple MsgBox by hold Hotkey "]" in my script

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <Windowsconstants.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> ;~ HotKeySet("{[}", "_boxminus") HotKeySet("{]}", "_boxplus") HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit") $hGUI = GUICreate("", 100, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOr($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_COMPOSITED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00) GuiCtrlCreateLabel("", 3, 3, 94, 94) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xABCDEF) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUISetState() _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGui, 0xABCDEF) $box_range = 100 While 1 $pos = MouseGetPos() WinMove($hGUI, "", $pos[0] - ($box_range / 2), $pos[1] - ($box_range / 2), $box_range, $box_range) WEnd ;~ Func _boxminus() ;~ If $box_range >= 30 Then $box_range = $box_range - 10 ;~ If $box_range < 30 Then $box_range = $box_range - 1 ;~ EndFunc Func _boxplus() If $box_range < 200 Then $box_range = $box_range + 10 Else MsgBox(0,"ERROR", "Maximum size already exist") EndIf EndFunc Func On_Exit() Exit EndFunc i wish after i get first MsgBox another gonna replaced with first one or just cancel in and apeear again
      how can i make it right ???