Sign in to follow this  

[UDF] Fixed Id's Array

Hello everybody! Here i am with a new, small but usefull UDF.

This UDF is for managing 'special' Arrays:

When adding elements, then deleting elements in the middle, then the last elements's ID are not changed, i mean they are not shifted

You will ask: Why!?

For example: You are managing a TreeView in your program, and you want to associate some data (other than simple numbers, like file paths ...) with the TreeViewItem.

I don't know any function to do that, but all you can do, is associate a simple number with a TreeViewItem (_GuiCtrlTreeView_SetItemParam).

So, you store the data in a simple array, and the id of the data in the array is associated with the TreeViewItem

But there is a problem: when you delete an item, and the array element associated with it, other elements in the array are shifted, and their ID in the array is changed! So, the IDs associated with the TreeViewItem becomes invalid!

But, when using this UDF, you will not have this problem!

Here is the functions list (with calltips)

_FixArray_Create( [ iUBound ] ) Create a Fixed id's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Destroy( aArray ) Destroy a Fixed id's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Add( aArray , aValues ) Add a value, or values to a Fixed ID's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Set( aArray , iId , vNewData , [ iSubItem = 0 ] ) Modify an element's value (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Get( aArray, iId ) Get the value(s) contained in the Fixed id's Array element Id (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Del( aArray, iId ) Delete an element of the Fixed id's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_Empty( aArray ) Delete all items in a Fixed id's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_UBound( aArray , [ iOnlyValides ] ) Return the number of elements in the Fixed id's Array (required: #include "FixArray.au3")
_FixArray_IsValid( aArray , iId ) Check an element's validity (have it been deleted) (required: #include "FixArray.au3")

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!!!

PS: this is the only example i have, because it's what i did in my Scite Project Manager (still in developpement)

Important: the guy who downloaded the first archive should redownload, cause i made a mistake and uploaded an outdated version.

Edited by matwachich

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• NizonRox
      By NizonRox
      Hi, i'm currently facing problems with understanding how arrays work, or atleast a few commands that alter arrays.
      My current situation is:
      1. I'm taking the process list and putting it all in an array
      2. I want to remove the boring common windows processes
      3. Profit
      And i'm currently stuck on step 2, while i already found this thread it dosn't seem that i can make it do what i want.
      Current code:
      Local $PList = ProcessList() Local $RL[6] = ["smss.exe", "csrss.exe", "svchost.exe", "iexplore.exe", "chrome.exe", "conhost.exe"] Sleep(1) For $i=1 To Ubound($RL)-1 Sleep(1) While Not @Error $iIndex = _ArraySearch($PList, $RL[$i], 1, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDelete($PList, $iIndex) WEnd Next It seems to remove all but smss.exe from the array list unless i have it two times in the array.
      Note: The sleep(1) is there to clear the error else the command wont fire for the rest of the array, any other way of doing it?
    • dadalt
      By dadalt
      I have a button where I need to close it!
      I was doing through  clicking same position in screen but there are some id's that have different sizes.
      What are the possible ways to click this closable button?
      Is there a way to close it through id? Is there a way to get it's position through it's ID?  
      Thanks in advance!

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I have an inquiry after your permission
      I found a function to get the special line commands for any operation
      It requires the name of the process to be searched
      I want to use it to know the process
      Is this possible with this function
      Here is the code
      Func commandLineGet($proc, $strComputer=".")
      dim $array[1]
      local $ArrayNumber
      local $oWMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
      local $oProcessColl = $oWMI.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process where Name= " & '"'& $Proc & '"')
      local $Process
      For $Process In $oProcessColl
      $Process = $Process.Commandline
          ReDim $Array[UBound($Array)+1]
      $ArrayNumber = UBound($Array)-1
      $array[$ArrayNumber] = $Process
      $ArrayNumber = UBound($Array)-1
      $array[0] = $ArrayNumber
      return $array
    • Randwulf
      By Randwulf
      To save myself a "search" nightmare, I'm trying to wrap my head around 3D arrays.
      Example: In "No Limit Hold'em", if I only play kings "KK" and queens "QQ"
      and I only play them from the positions of the "Button" or "Blinds"
      and do one thing if it's raised ahead or another if not raised.
      I know that this example would be simple as a 2D array but if I'm dealing with 77 possible hands in 9 possible positions and 6 possible conditions then I'm dealing with almost 700 data lines.
      Lastly, if I have a variables to represent the hand like $hand = "QQ"
      and $position = "Button" and $ahead = "Raised", could the 3D array simplify my search, or should I just stick to the 2D array ??
      Thank you in advance for any thoughts...
    • Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Udf working with MSDN System.Collections.ArrayList. Allow you to make fast operations on huge arrays, speed is even x10 better than basic _ArrayAdd.  Not prefered for small arrays < 600 items. 2. Requirements
      .NET Framework 1.1 - 4.5 (on this version Microsoft destroy old rules) System Windows 3. Possibilities.
      ;=============================================================================================================== ; UDF Name: List.au3 ; ; Date: 2018-02-17, 10:52 ; Description: Simple udf to create System Collections as ArrayList and make multiple actions on them. ; ; Function(s): _ListCreate -> Creates a new list ; _ListCapacity -> Gets a list size in bytes ; _ListCount -> Gets items count in list ; _ListIsFixedSize -> Get bool if list if fixed size ; _ListIsReadOnly -> Get bool if list is read only ; _ListIsSynchronized -> Get bool if list is synchronized ; _ListGetItem -> Get item on index ; _ListSetItem -> Set item on index ; ; _ListAdd -> Add item at end of list ; _ListClear -> Remove all list items ; _ListClone -> Duplicate list in new var ; _ListContains -> Get bool if item is in list ; _ListGetHashCode -> Get hash code for list ; _ListGetRange -> Get list with items between indexs ; _ListIndexOf -> Get index of item ; _ListInsert -> Insert a new item on index ; _ListInsertRange -> Insert list into list on index ; _ListLastIndexOf -> Get index last of item ; _ListRemove -> Remove first found item ; _ListRemoveAt -> Remove item in index ; _ListRemoveRange -> Remove items between indexs ; _ListReverse -> Reverse all items in list ; _ListSetRange -> Set new value for items in range ; _ListSort -> Sort items in list (speed of reading) ; _ListToString -> Get list object name ; _ListTrimToSize -> Remove unused space in list ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;=============================================================================================================== 4. Downloads
      List.au3 5. Examples
      SpeedTest _ArrayAdd vs ListAdd SpeedTest ArraySearch vs ListIndexOf Basic usage - crating guild with members  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.