Sign in to follow this  
johnmcloud

[SOLVED] _StringBetween can remove?

johnmcloud

Hi guys, i have a simple question. Sometime i'm using _StringBetween for situation like this:

$test = "asdtewe[asdsad231321132@#]"
$string = _StringBetween($test,"[","]")
ConsoleWrite($string)

Result is:

asdsad231321132@#

But if i want to remove that piece of string? Example remove all character/number/symbol between "[" and "]", included the "[" "]"? For a result like this:

asdtewe

Someone can post an example?

Thanks for support :)

Edited by johnmcloud

BrewManNH

Try this:

#include <String.au3>
$test = "asdtewe[asdsad231321132@#]"
$temp =  _StringBetween($test,"[","]")
$string =StringReplace($test, "[" & $temp[0] & "]", "")
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $string = ' & $string & @crlf & '>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf) ;### Debug Console

I'm sure there's a RegEx that would do the same thing in one line, but I haven't wrapped my head around RegEx yet, to my shame.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

johnmcloud

Work BrewManNH, thanks.

Do you mean this function, StringRegExpReplace?

I someone can provide a post for do the same thing with only one line, it's apprecciated :)

johnmcloud

I have done by myself ( a little random, I must say the truth :) )

$string = "asdtewe[asdsad231321132@#]"
$after = StringRegExpReplace($string, "([[])(.*)([]])","")
ConsoleWrite("Test02:" & $after & @CRLF)
Edited by johnmcloud