Sign in to follow this  
Neversleep

Simple script that doesn't work

Neversleep

Hi all, it's my first post here and my second day using autoit (I've used it for some hours).

I wanted to make a very simple first script: I just wanted autoit to click randomly in a rectangle and, between every click, it pauses from 5 to 10 seconds randomly. In the meantime it should check another area of the screen and search for a colour: if it finds it, it moves the cursor over it and clicks it, then continues clicking randomly and so on. Just let me show you with a picture: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2pqqaac.jpg

The code is:

$i = 0

Do ;starts a loop

$coord = PixelSearch(101, 71, 729, 628, 0xFEFFD2) ; searches 0xFEFFD2 in a rectangle

MouseClick("left", Random(817, 992, 1), Random(504, 609, 1), 1) ;clicks randomly in another area

Sleep(Random(5000, 10000, 1)) ;waits from 5 to 10 seconds

if not @error then

MouseMove($coord[0],$coord[1],0)

Sleep (3000) ;moves over the pixel and waits 3 seconds

MouseClick("left",$coord[0],$coord[1])

Sleep (3000) ;clicks the pixel and waits 3 seconds

EndIf

Until $i = 0

I know you are veterans of autoit, but I added comments so that you can clearly understand what I wanted it to do. When I run the script it clicks once in the random click area and then a messagge appears saying subscript used with non-array value. I've searched it on the internet and on the forum, but I always get into scripts that are too much different from mine, and so I don't get how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot for the attention and sorry if my English isn't perfect

Edited by Neversleep

JLogan3o13

Hi, neversleep, welcome to the forum. Can you clarify "click in a rectangle"? Is this searching the window of an application, or a rectangle you've drawn? If an application, what application are you trying to capture? There may be infinitely easier ways of accomplishing what you would like to do. ;)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Neversleep

Thanks for the welcome and for the answer too ;) The rectangles are "two pieces" of a window (Mozilla Firefox), and they are two: the bigger one is on the left side and is nearly a square, the second one is smaller and is located on the right bottom of the window

JohnOne

Look where you have "if not @error then"

It id checking to see if "Sleep(Random(5000, 10000, 1))"

Try

$i = 0

Do ;starts a loop

$coord = PixelSearch(101, 71, 729, 628, 0xFEFFD2) ; searches 0xFEFFD2 in a rectangle

$error = @error

MouseClick("left", Random(817, 992, 1), Random(504, 609, 1), 1) ;clicks randomly in another area

Sleep(Random(5000, 10000, 1)) ;waits from 5 to 10 seconds

if not $error then

MouseMove($coord[0],$coord[1],0)

Sleep (3000) ;moves over the pixel and waits 3 seconds

MouseClick("left",$coord[0],$coord[1])

Sleep (3000) ;clicks the pixel and waits 3 seconds

EndIf

Until $i = 0

EDIT:

And of course, that loop will only run once since $i = 0 always

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Neversleep

@John: it doesn't work, it clicks once and then autoit closes

somdcomputerguy

It does work. It does what it's told to do. Did you read JohnOnes' whole post? He did edit the post, but that was only 2 minutes after he made it.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Neversleep

No I didn't ! How do I make it last "forever" ?

somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Neversleep

Ok, now it works ;) But it does not recognise the colour because it moves the mouse over wrong places...the colour I want it to click is kinda white, and for example it clicked in a black area two or three times (not three times in a row, but for free times)...tips ? Group of colours maybe ? Can I give autoit the order to click something that is very similar to a picture I want ?

Edited by Neversleep