Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mackus101

Apply Hex Color to Main GUI from Pop Up Menu

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody,

This is my first official post even though I have been scouring the forums for a couple weeks now. I am a new program Hobbyist...just began learning Autoit/any language no earlier than the beginning of June. I am currently trying to figure out how to use the find Color under mouse and apply it from a pop up screen to a main GUI. I did find the main part of this code on one of these pages but I can't find where I originally started from...So thank you to whomever that was!

Issues I am facing:

• When it does work it only works once
  • Can't seem to get the value of the Hex properly (tried different variations and my brain hurts now)
  • The main GUI doesn't refresh properly
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
Global $pos = MouseGetPos()
Global $pixel_hex = Hex(PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1]), 6)
Global $pixel_last
Global $Popcolor, $ColorUpdate, $lblF8, $lblF9, $lblF10, $lblF11, $HexTopFirst, $HexTopSecond, $HexTopThird, $HexTopFourth, _
$HexBotFirst, $HexBotSecond, $HexBotThird, $HexBotFourth, $lblName1, $lblName2, $lblName3, $lblName4, $FirstColor, _
$SecondColor, $ThirdColor, $FourthColor
HotKeySet("{F8}","clip8")
HotKeySet("{f9}","clip9")
HotKeySet("{F10}","clip10")
HotKeySet("{f11}","clip11")
HotKeySet("{ESC}","endme")
;-----------------MAIN GUI---------------
$MainColor = GUICreate ("Main Color Find", 340,140)
$ColorUpdate = GUICtrlCreateButton("Find Colors",110,105,120,25)
;........NAME Labels............
$lblMainName1= GUICtrlCreateLabel("One", 30, 68, 50, 13)
$lblMainName2= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Two", 108, 68, 45, 13)
$lblMainName3= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Three", 195, 68, 100, 13)
$lblMainName4= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Four", 280, 68, 30, 13)
;........Graphics........
$FirstMain = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(35, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
$SecondMain = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(112, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
$ThirdMain = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(200, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
$FourthMain = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(282, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
;----------Main Loop---------------------  
While 1
   $nMsg = GUIGetMsg(1)
   Switch $nMsg[1]
   Case $MainColor
   Switch $nMsg[0]
     Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
      Exit

Case $ColorUpdate
      PopColor()

EndSwitch

Case $PopColor
      Sleep(100)
      Call("grab")
      Switch $nMsg[0]
      Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
      GUIDelete($PopColor)
      Sleep(10)
      GUICtrlSetState($ColorUpdate, $GUI_Enable)       
      Case $ColorUpdate
      GUICtrlSetBkColor($FirstMain,$FirstColor)
      GUICtrlSetBKColor($SecondMain,$SecondColor)
      GUICtrlSetBKColor($ThirdMain,$ThirdColor)
      GUISetBkColor($FourthMain,$FourthColor)
      EndSwitch
   EndSwitch
WEnd
Func PopColor()
   $PopColor = GUICreate("Color Find Pop", 340,140)
   $ColorUpdate = GUICtrlCreateButton("Update Main",110,105,120,25)
   ;........F9 - F12 Labels.......
   $lblF8= GUICtrlCreateLabel("F8", 35, 7, 30, 20)
   $lblF9= GUICtrlCreateLabel("F9", 112, 7, 45, 20)
   $lblF10 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("F10", 200, 7, 50, 20)
   $lblF11 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("F11", 282, 7, 42, 20)
   ;........Top HEX Labels.......
   $HexTopFirst= GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 22, 32, 60, 13)
   $HexTopSecond= GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 102, 32, 60, 13)
   $HexTopThird = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 188, 32, 60, 13)
   $HexTopFourth = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 271, 32, 60, 13)
   ;........BOTTOM HEX Labels.......
   $HexBotFirst= GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 22, 85, 60, 13)
   $HexBoTSecond= GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 102, 85, 60, 13)
   $HexBoTThird = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 188, 85, 60, 13)
   $HexBoTFourth = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 271, 85, 60, 13)
   ;........NAME Labels............
   $lblName1= GUICtrlCreateLabel("One", 30, 68, 50, 13)
   $lblName2= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Two", 108, 68, 45, 13)
   $lblName3= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Three", 195, 68, 100, 13)
   $lblName4= GUICtrlCreateLabel("Four", 280, 68, 30, 13)
   ;........Graphics........
   $FirstColor = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(35, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
   $SecondColor = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(112, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
   $ThirdColor = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(200, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
   $FourthColor = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(282, 48, 18, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GRAPHIC,$SS_BLACKFRAME,$SS_SUNKEN))
   GUISetState(@SW_Show)
EndFunc
func grab()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
    $pixel_hex = Hex(PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1]), 6)

If $pixel_last <> $pixel_hex Then
        GUICtrlSetData($HexTopFirst, $pixel_hex)
  GUICtrlSetData($HexTopSecond, $pixel_hex)
  GUICtrlSetData($HexTopThird, $pixel_hex)
  GUICtrlSetData($HexTopFourth, $pixel_hex)
    EndIf
    $pixel_last = $pixel_hex
EndFunc

Func clip8()
    Local $color = "0x" & $pixel_last
   GUICtrlSetBkColor($FirstColor, $color)
   GUICtrlSetColor($HexBotFirst,"0x"&$Pixel_Last)
   GUICtrlSetData($HexBotFirst, $Pixel_Last)
   EndFunc

Func clip9()
   GUICtrlSetBkColor($SecondColor, $color)
   GUICtrlSetColor($HexBotSecond,"0x"&$Pixel_Last)
   GUICtrlSetData($HexBotSecond, $Pixel_Last)
   EndFunc

Func clip10()
   GUICtrlSetBkColor($ThirdColor, $color)
   GUICtrlSetColor($HexBotThird,"0x"&$Pixel_Last)
   GUICtrlSetData($HexBotThird, $Pixel_Last)
   EndFunc

Func clip11()
   GUICtrlSetBkColor($FourthColor, $color)
   GUICtrlSetColor($HexBotFourth,"0x"&$Pixel_Last)
   GUICtrlSetData($HexBotFourth, $Pixel_Last)
EndFunc

Func endme()
   Exit
EndFunc

Questions:

• Can my purpose be served better by applying read and write ini file?

• Would it be possible to have the main GUI already have a saved HEX color if using ini that can be overwritting from pop up menu?
  • Would OnEvent be better?
Any help would be appreciated...been stressing out over this coding for the last few days!

You're reusing the variable name for the buttons on both GUIs, so when you call PopColor, the variable that holds the value from the first GUI gets overwritten by the handle to the button on the second GUI. Once you do that, the button on GUI 1 will never work again.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for the reply BrewMan!

oh that was a mistake from seperating this code from a much bigger project...accidental copy paste and no double checking the variables. Lets say we Change the FIrst button to just $Find and then we change the second button to $update. Now what would be the best way to get those colors from the 2nd GUI onto the 1st GUI after pressing $update?

Is there any way to read the Hex value of a font? A way to read the Hex value of a Graphic Background? Since the GUICtrlRead, GetData, Etc. does not return a Hex value and as soon as the mouse is moved the pixel_last is now different. So how do I capture that state in which when the button is pressed records the value but then communicates that value when and only when $update is pressed.

My previous attempt I tried to write an INI file for every F8-11 it would iniwrite "0x"&Pixel_Last into the INI and then referenced a variable to be read in the script and then refreshed on button press such as $update but it didn't work the way I thought it would...seemed as though it lagged in recording/missed a button/didn't copy correctly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      Hi,
      I am automating the testing of a video player. I search a file for ".mp4" and want to create a GUI with radio buttons to select what video to play. The number of videos can change based on the user's library so this must be created automatically.  I have searched for how to accomplish this and there are several posts out there that help a little but I can't figure out the solution. I pulled the offending code from my main script and created the file below to make this easier to read. I am sure one of our experts here can help!
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Local $sMediaFile = "D:\MediaFiles\MediaFiles.txt" Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $aText Local $aArrayFile Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter Local $aVideoName[$iMax] = [0] Local $sCheckBox1 Local $iT = 0, $iVideoCount = 0, $iCount Local $ix = 0 Local $iy = 0 Local $idClose1 Const $iL = 10 ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Read a list of video file names and create a GUI with Radio Buttons to select a single video. ; Problem: We don't know how many video names will be in the text file, so we can't hard code Case Statements & their variables ; Put the Video File Names into an Array _FileReadToArray($sMediaFile, $aArrayFile) For $a = 1 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for .mp4 If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$a], ".mp4") Then $iVideoCount = $iVideoCount + 1 $aText = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$a],"\\") ; This video player reads double backslashes For $a1 = 1 to $aText[0] ; Check that the array is big enough If StringInStr($aText[$a1], ".mp4") Then ;MsgBox(0,"","Video is " & $aText[$a1]) If UBound($aVideoName) = $iVideoCount Then ; Resize the array when $iCount is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aVideoName[$aVideoName[0] + $iMax] EndIf $aVideoName[$iVideoCount] = $aText[$a1]; add data to new index element $aVideoName[0] = $a1 ; update the index count for future reference ; The idea is to create a GUI width to accommodate long video file names $it = StringLen($aVideoName[$iVideoCount]) If $iT > $ix Then $ix = $iT EndIf EndIf Next EndIf Next ; Move backwards through the array deleting blank rows For $iCount = UBound($aVideoName) - 1 To 0 Step -1 If $aVideoName[$iCount] = "" Then _ArrayDelete($aVideoName, $iCount) EndIf Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Create the GUI - Names and Radio Button counts will vary - How do I do this? ; ;_ArrayDisplay($aVideoName) ;Local $aVarName[$aVideoName[0]] Local $iRows = UBound($aVideoName, $UBOUND_ROWS) $iRows = $iRows -1 $aVideoName[0] = $iRows ; Prep the GUI to display the FileNames with Radio Buttons - Can only select one at a time. $a = 0 $ix = $ix + 200 $iy = ($aVideoName[0] * 30) + 60 $hGUI = GUICreate("Videos", $ix, $iy) ;$iT = $iT+30 ; Create the variable names for the Case statement - Video count may change so Video Names displayed and GUICtrlCreateRadio count may change. ;~ For $a = 1 to $aVarName[0] ;~ If UBound($aVarName) = $aVarName Then ;~ ; Resize the array when $iCount is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ;~ ReDim $aVarName[$aVarName[0] + $iMax] ;~ EndIf ;~ Assign("$bVideoName" & $a, $a) ;~ Local $aVarName[$a] = Eval($bVideoName[$a]) ;~ ; $aVarName[$a] = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVarName[$a], $iL, $iT) ;~ Next $iCount = 1 ;MsgBox(0,"","VideoName[0] is "&$aVideoName[0]) ;_ArrayDisplay($aVideoName) Local $bVideoName1 If $iCount < $aVideoName[0] Then $bVideoName1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount], $iL, $iT) GUICtrlSetState($bVideoName1, $GUI_CHECKED) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0]) Then Local $bVideoName2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0]) Then Local $bVideoName3 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0]) Then Local $bVideoName4 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0] -1) Then Local $bVideoName5 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0] -1) Then Local $bVideoName6 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iCount = $iCount + 1 If $iCount <= ($aVideoName[0] -1) Then Local $bVideoName7 = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aVideoName[$iCount],$iL,$iT) $iT = $iT+30 EndIf $iT = $iT + 30 $idClose1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go!", $iL, $iT) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Switch Statement ; ;Local $nMsg = "" While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $bVideoName1 Case $bVideoName2 Case $bVideoName3 Case $bVideoName4 Case $bVideoName5 ;Case $bVideoName6 <- Fails because there are only 5 videos - Need variable $bVideoNames ;Case $bVideoName7 <- Fails because there are only 5 videos Case $idClose1 $bVideoName1 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName1) $bVideoName2 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName2) $bVideoName3 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName3) $bVideoName4 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName4) $bVideoName5 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName5) ;$bVideoName6 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName6) ;$bVideoName7 = GUICtrlRead($bVideoName7) ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete($nMsg) MsgBox(0,"","Case " & $nMsg & " was selected.") ; Always returns 8. ??? This is the "MediaFiles.txt" file I am reading:
      D:\\MediaFiles\\BigBuckBunny.mp4 D:\\MediaFiles\\BigBuckBunny60fps.mp4 D:\\MediaFiles\\Sintel.mp4 D:\\MediaFiles\\sintel-2048-surround.mp4 D:\\MediaFiles\\TearsOfSteel.mp4 D:\\MediaFiles\\tearsofsteel_4K.mp4 I'm sure I have several mistakes (or poor coding methods) in my AutoIt file.
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I have a listview with 3 columns and I want to set the 3rd column's color based on the item's 'Param' value, but even though I set up for the 3rd column, the entire row always gets the color.
      My test code is below, but here is the pertinent code:
      Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg
      Here is the full test code:
      #include-once ;#cs #NoTrayIcon #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ; ESC closes GUI? (0 = no, 1 = yes) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) OnAutoItExitRegister("_test_exit") Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) ;0=default, 1=just notification, 2=GuiCtrlRead tab index Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> Global $__MCP_obj, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd, $idListView, $hListView Global $hMainWin test() Exit Func test() $hMainWin = GUICreate("Test window", 120, 100, @DesktopWidth / 2, -1) GUICtrlCreateButton("Hwnd", 10, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_1stTEST_btn") GUICtrlCreateButton("ID", 50, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_2ndTEST_btn") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_test_exit") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While (1) Sleep(17) WEnd EndFunc ;==>test Func _myColorPicker($obj) logmsg("+++: $obj = 0x" & Hex($obj) & @CRLF) Local $flags = 0 Local $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $w, $h $__MCP_obj = $obj $ww = 350 $wh = 500 $x = 200 $y = 150 $__MCP_GUI_hWnd = GUICreate("myColorPicker", $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $flags) $x = 10 $y = 10 $w = 150 $h = 20 GUICtrlCreateButton("Set caller's color", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn") $y += $h + 5 $w = $ww - 25 $h = $wh - 100 $idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", $x, $y, $w, $h, -1, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListView) $x = $ww / 2 - 50 $y = $wh - 60 $w = 100 $h = 25 GUICtrlCreateButton("Quit Popup", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn") GUICtrlSetFont($idListView, 8.5, -1, -1, "courier new") _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Name", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Value", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Sample", 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 1, 80) logmsg("+++: $idListView = " & $idListView) logmsg("+++: $hListView = 0x" & Hex($hListView)) __MCP_populateListView($hListView) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>_myColorPicker Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg Func __MCP_exit() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_exit Func __MCP_handle_SetColor_btn() If (IsHWnd($__MCP_obj)) Then GUISetBkColor($COLOR_BLUE, $__MCP_obj) Else GUICtrlSetBkColor($__MCP_obj, $COLOR_BLUE) EndIf EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn Func __MCP_populateListView($hWnd) Local $text, $parts, $iIndex Local Static $aItems[] = [ _ "BLACK | " & $CLR_BLACK & "|" & "", _ "BLUE | " & $CLR_BLUE & "|" & "", _ "RED | " & $CLR_RED & "|" & "", _ "WHITE | " & $CLR_WHITE & "|" & "", _ "YELLOW | " & $CLR_YELLOW & "|" & "" _ ] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hWnd) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hWnd) For $ndx = 0 To UBound($aItems) - 1 $text = $aItems[$ndx] $parts = StringSplit($text, "|", 2) $parts[0] = StringStripWS($parts[0], 3) $parts[2] = StringStripWS($parts[2], 3) $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hWnd, $parts[0], -1, $parts[1]) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, Hex($parts[1]), 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, $parts[0], 2) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_populateListView Func __MCP_handle_QUIT_btn() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn Func handle_1stTEST_btn() _myColorPicker($hMainWin) EndFunc ;==>handle_1stTEST_btn Func handle_2ndTEST_btn() _myColorPicker(@GUI_CtrlId) EndFunc ;==>handle_2ndTEST_btn Func _test_exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_test_exit  
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      I know many newbies search for this feature.
      I decided to share this piece of code with everyone.
      Basically its a "splash screen" that has a transparent image.
      In a nutshell - Gui with a transparent gif.
      Enjoy...
      Download attachment....

Splash Screen GUI.zip
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Developers,

While trying to find a way to actually style/skin the GUICtrlCreateTabItem, I read the help file and stated:
      My question to you guys is will this be updated? or am I hoping for something that will never come to pass?
      I've seen scripts between 2007 to 2009 allowing the tabs to be modified
      Reason for my question is I'm trying to make my GUI Tabs look more modern.
      Thanks in advance for reading my post.

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am trying to get the results of a radio button selection. I have tried implementing sample scripts but to no avail.
      Can someone tell / show me what I am doing wrong?
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $bSelect1 Local $bSelect2 Local $bSelect3 SelectButton() ;The results of SelectButton is not being returned MsgBox(0,"","Select1 is "& $bSelect1 & ". Select2 is "& $bSelect2 & ". Select3 is "& $bSelect3 & ".") Func SelectButton() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("SGX4CP Tests", 300, 300) GUISetState() Local $bSelect1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Select 1", 10, 160) Local $bSelect2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Select 2", 10, 190) Local $bSelect3 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Select 3", 10, 220) ; Set TestSelectForever as the default radio button GUICtrlSetState($bSelect1, $GUI_CHECKED) Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 120,250) Local $idMsg While 1 $idMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $idMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $idMsg = $idClose ExitLoop Case $idMsg = $bSelect1 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($bSelect1), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox(0,"","Select1") Case $idMsg = $bSelect2 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($bSelect2), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox(0,"","Select2") Case $idMsg = $bSelect3 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($bSelect3), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox(0,"","Select3") ; GUICtrlRead($hGUI) EndSelect WEnd MsgBox(0,"","Select1 is "& $bSelect1 & ". Select2 is "& $bSelect2 & ". Select3 is "& $bSelect3 & ".") ; Why is this returning numbers? EndFunc