Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbren94517

How do I automate clicking on a Java app button?

8 posts in this topic

I'm new to AutoIt and am attempting to automate a desktop Java application on Windows XP. I've set up Java Ferret to enable viewing the objects in the Java app window.

I need to have the AutoIt script click on a search button, but have been unable to figure out how to do it. I have set up the AutoIt Java UDF and have tried using some of these functions to click the button, but to no avail.

The following is the Java Ferret output when the mouse is hovering over the button to be clicked . What is the syntax of the AutoIt (or Java UDF) command that should be used to click the search button?

Version Information:

Java virtual machine version: 1.6.0_31

Access Bridge Java class version: 1.6.0_31

Access Bridge Java DLL version: AccessBridge 2.0.2

Access Bridge Windows DLL version: AccessBridge 2.0.2

AccessibleContext information at mouse point [0, 0]:

Name: Search

Description: Search Patients

Role: push button

Role in en_US locale: push button

States: enabled,focusable,visible,showing

States in en_US locale: enabled,focusable,visible,showing

Index in parent: 6

Children count: 0

Bounding rectangle: [500, 91, 576, 139]

Top-level window name: Desktop - Clinic - John Smith

Top-level window role: frame

Parent name:

Parent role: panel

Visible descendents count: 0

AccessibleActions info:

Number of actions: 1

Action 0 name: click

Accessible Value information:

Current Value: 0

Maximum Value: 1

Minimum Value: 0

Perhaps, did you try using AutoIt Window Info Tool on the Java Window?

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

I did try using the AutoIt Window Info Tool, however since the app is Java-based, it does not display anything about the objects in the app window. Java Ferret is the comparable tool for Java apps and does display info for the objects, but I'm not sure how to use this info in an AutoIt command to click a button.

Hi.

Did you workout any solution for your question? I also have again and again the need to automate Java stuff, with the same issues...

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

sorry to bump old topic, is there someone that has been able do this

If you use the search feature looking for Java in the "Examples" forum, you may find a solution.

Doing that for me turned this up:

No "promises" other than looking "promising".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you use the search feature looking for Java in the "Examples" forum, you may find a solution.

Doing that for me turned this up:

No "promises" other than looking "promising".

I've tried it before, it did not work at all

Perhaps you should list what all you've tried to accomplish that has failed.

Seeing that I wasted my time looking for an alternate solution that you've already attempted to do is rather irritating.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This is pretty useful to me at least, I hope to others. Whenever you need to poke a button or such on a GUI, you can just make calls to this UDF and instruct it how long to wait, 0 is forever, anyway, let the code to the explaining. Feel free to help expand this UDF. I plan to create new ones as I go along that support all the Win32 and .NET Controls. Ultimately, I would like to be able to fully control any type of control, this works well with most. Just an example of what you can do.

The test installs and can uninstall 7-Zip 15.14 (x64) Setup.exe
      NOTE: Logger Author(s) .....: Michael Mims (zorphnog)
      ;                    the logging script can be obtained here
      ;                   https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/156196-log4a-a-logging-udf/

install_7zip_test.au3
      WaitForControls.au3
    • ags911
      By ags911
      I have a script that has to work on multiple resolutions but each resolution has slightly different co-ordinates due to automatic UI scaling. I have had to make separate files for each but would like to implement them all in one script. I have a similar program written for Java which uses else if statements to use different co-ordinates for each resolution after it has been detected. I'm not good with Java so I would like to implement this on AutoIt before later making a Java version.

This is a snippet of the autoit code I have.
      ToolTip("1 - Search")
      MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.823, @DesktopHeight *0.925, 1, 25)
      ToolTip("2 - Buy Now")
      MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.83, @DesktopHeight *0.798, 1, 27)
      ToolTip("3 - OK")
      MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.555, @DesktopHeight *0.596, 1, 15)
      ToolTip("4 - OK Clear Error")
      MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.49, @DesktopHeight *0.597, 1, 30)
      ToolTip("5 - Back to Search")
      MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.161, @DesktopHeight *0.108, 1, 15)

This is a snippet of a java code I used.
      Thanks.
      private static void goToSearch(double maxX, double maxY, Robot bot) throws InterruptedException {     int currentX = 0;     int currentY = 0;     if (maxX == 2650 && maxY == 1440) {         currentX = 734;         currentY = 1316;     } else if (maxX == 1920 && maxY == 1200) {         currentX = 551;         currentY = 1096;     } else if (maxX == 1920 && maxY == 1080) {         currentX = 551;         currentY = 1042;     } else if (maxX == 1680 && maxY == 1050) {         currentX = 482;         currentY = 959;     } else if (maxX == 1440 && maxY == 900) {         currentX = 413;         currentY = 822;     } else if (maxX == 1366 && maxY == 768) {         currentX = 392;         currentY = 741;     } else if (maxX == 1280 && maxY == 800) {         currentX = 367;         currentY = 731;
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I worked a bit on a little project of mine, and I managed to do what I was trying to do, or, automate a quiz in AutoIt.
      Now, everything works fine but, in order to achieve what I'm trying to achive, I'd like to make this script run faster.
      I'll attach a portion of the code in order to let you understand what my script does.
      $objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1") ; Take the text of the answer If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura degli h1 nella pagina. - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF) Else For $objElement In $objIE_h1 $strInnerText = $objElement.innerText Next Select Case StringInStr($strInnerText, "QUESTION") ; Here is the question ; PS4 PRO $objSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "span") ; Answers are stored here For $objElement In $objSpans If $i >= 4 Then $strAnswer = $objElement.innerText ; Take the text of the answer n° 0, 1, 2, 3 If StringInStr($strAnswer, "CORRECT ANSWER") Then ; If I match the correct answer, then, I have to click on the input with answer id = answer_i $j = $i - 4 $objInput = _IEGetObjById($objIE, "answer_" & $j) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura della risposta #" & $i & " - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF) Else _IEAction($objInput, "click") If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante il click sull'elemento. - Errore: " & @error) Else ConsoleWrite($j & ") Risposta: " & $strAnswer & @CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf EndIf EndIf $i+=1 Else $i+=1 EndIf Next $i = 0 $j = 0 This is what my script does.
      Questions are 20, in which I have 15 multiple choice question, 2 images ( on which I use _IEImgClick() ), and 3 text inputs ( a simple send with the text I have to enter ).
      How can I make all of these, faster?
      If I reach this goal, I've probably done one of my best goals in life, and I'd like to share my happiness with you, giving a huge donation to this fantastic community!
      Thanks for your help
    • Psyllex
      By Psyllex
      Is it possible for AutoIt to execute LALT+LSHIFT+NUMLOCK?  I've attempted the following:

;To show the desktop Send("{RWIN down}") Send("{d}") Send("{RWIN up}") WinWait(2) ;just to make sure the desktop is activated. ControlClick("", "",1[,button="left"[, clicks=2 [, x [, y]]]] ) Send("{LALT down}") Send("{CLT down}") Send("{DELETE down}") ;Send("{LSHIFT down}") ;Send("{NUMLOCK}") ;Send("{NUMLOCK}") ;Send ("{LALT up}") ;Send("{LSHIFT up}") This should bring up the MouseKeys dialog...but I'm getting nothing.  Thanks for any help!
    • Psyllex
      By Psyllex
      I have a super simple login screen I'm trying to access that is written in java.  My java testing tools can't access the login screen because it's a modal window.  So I figured I'd see if AutoIt can manipulate 'something' on it.  I can enter text within the text boxes for user name and password.  But I can't see to click on the login button.  I've tried just tabbing to it and hitting the enter key (as I really wouldn't have to be completely interacting with the frame).  But that didn't work.  I was hoping to throw it some coordinates and just double click in that relative area, but when I get the whole " ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:" when I attempt to use ControlGetPos() I'm assuming because it can't truly interact with the Java frame.  So I'm kind of stuck here...can't use AutoIt, can't use a Java automation testing tool to do this due to the modal issues.  Does anyone have any ideas?  My code is below though I think it's less to do with code and more what AutoIt can and can't do.
      #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Local $hWnd = WinActivate("[CLASS:sunawtframe]", "Login") Local $aPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "[CLASS:SUNAWTFRAME]", "Login") Local $myXPos = $aPos[0] + 420 Local $myYPos = $aPos[1] + 270 Send("guest") Send("{TAB}") Send("guest") Send("{TAB}") ;Tried Control Click it failed ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Login") ;Tried Mouse Click and that failed MouseClick("Left", $myXPos, $myYPos, 2)  
      Thanks for any help!