Sign in to follow this  
jbren94517

How do I automate clicking on a Java app button?

jbren94517

I'm new to AutoIt and am attempting to automate a desktop Java application on Windows XP. I've set up Java Ferret to enable viewing the objects in the Java app window.

I need to have the AutoIt script click on a search button, but have been unable to figure out how to do it. I have set up the AutoIt Java UDF and have tried using some of these functions to click the button, but to no avail.

The following is the Java Ferret output when the mouse is hovering over the button to be clicked . What is the syntax of the AutoIt (or Java UDF) command that should be used to click the search button?

Version Information:

Java virtual machine version: 1.6.0_31

Access Bridge Java class version: 1.6.0_31

Access Bridge Java DLL version: AccessBridge 2.0.2

Access Bridge Windows DLL version: AccessBridge 2.0.2

AccessibleContext information at mouse point [0, 0]:

Name: Search

Description: Search Patients

Role: push button

Role in en_US locale: push button

States: enabled,focusable,visible,showing

States in en_US locale: enabled,focusable,visible,showing

Index in parent: 6

Children count: 0

Bounding rectangle: [500, 91, 576, 139]

Top-level window name: Desktop - Clinic - John Smith

Top-level window role: frame

Parent name:

Parent role: panel

Visible descendents count: 0

AccessibleActions info:

Number of actions: 1

Action 0 name: click

Accessible Value information:

Current Value: 0

Maximum Value: 1

Minimum Value: 0

stormbreaker

Perhaps, did you try using AutoIt Window Info Tool on the Java Window?

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

jbren94517

I did try using the AutoIt Window Info Tool, however since the app is Java-based, it does not display anything about the objects in the app window. Java Ferret is the comparable tool for Java apps and does display info for the objects, but I'm not sure how to use this info in an AutoIt command to click a button.

rudi

Hi.

Did you workout any solution for your question? I also have again and again the need to automate Java stuff, with the same issues...

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

ngskicker

sorry to bump old topic, is there someone that has been able do this

SmOke_N

If you use the search feature looking for Java in the "Examples" forum, you may find a solution.

Doing that for me turned this up:

No "promises" other than looking "promising".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ngskicker

If you use the search feature looking for Java in the "Examples" forum, you may find a solution.

Doing that for me turned this up:

No "promises" other than looking "promising".

I've tried it before, it did not work at all

SmOke_N

Perhaps you should list what all you've tried to accomplish that has failed.

Seeing that I wasted my time looking for an alternate solution that you've already attempted to do is rather irritating.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Raj0813
      By Raj0813
      Launch the web application which has security certificate associated. On launching we get "Select a Certificate from the list of certificates" . how to handle this certificates using AutoIT and certificates are in a drop down. i have only chrome browser to launch the application.  do i need to install autoIt or just the add jar files and dll to it. it is not a pop up.
      Tried adding the certificate to trusted source dint work.. 
      Please find the screenshot attached for the screen obtained.

• spikespaz
      By spikespaz
      The rule against game automation is misguided and unhelpful for the following reasons.

I am a developer, using AutoIt to automate testing for a game that I am developing. Singleplayer games can be mundane and sometimes cheating can be overlooked. Multiplayer games usually have anticheat against repetitive robotic actions anyways. People want to override the control schemes of games with bad customization. Eg. Axiom Verge, Fortnite (Crouching). Game automation is not always bad. If the user feels the need to automate a singleplayer game for boring or mundane tasks, that is their choice. Similarly, if I wish to use scripts to automate testing, that is my choice.
      Game automation can be a problem for online multiplayer games, giving players a competitive advantage. This could be countered by common sense; ask OP what game they are automating, and is it an online game? What is this script for, and what does it seem to do?

Please revise the rule as it seems very unnecessary and harmful to people seeking help with innocent attempts at game automation.
    • milkmoron
      By milkmoron
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153520-iuiautomation-ms-framework-automate-chrome-ff-ie/?do=findComment&comment=1156373 At least we have an element title: [Entered By:] class: [WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1] Having the following values for all properties: Title is: <Entered By:> Class := <WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_EditControlTypeId> ,<50004> , (0000C354) 322;370;736;184 *** Parent Information top down *** 3: Title is: <View Activity> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId> ,<50032> , (0000C370) 306;72;784;605 "Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 2: Title is: <> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;103;768;542 "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 1: Title is: <> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;103;749;451 "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 0: Title is: <Delete> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;122;749;432 "Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" ;~ *** Standard code maintainable *** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) _UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;View Activity _UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ; _UIA_setVar("oP3","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ; _UIA_setVar("oP4","Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;Delete _UIA_setVar("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","title:=Entered By:;classname:=WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles ;~_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP3","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP3","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP4","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP4","setfocus") _UIA_action("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","setfocus") ;~ *** Standard code Flexible*** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) Local $oP3=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP3,"setfocus") Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP3, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP2,"setfocus") Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP1,"setfocus") Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP0,"setfocus") _UIA_setVar("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","title:=Entered By:;classname:=WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") _UIA_action("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","setfocus") Need some help selecting this defining it as a variable to save and then insert the text within, to the same application but different account.
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      TeraCopy Timer - A program of mine, front end really, that I have been working on (on & off) for some time, but not shared here before, that I recall. Third party program TeraCopy is required.
      Many of you will be familiar with TeraCopy, and it has been discussed here at AF on several occasions, in various sub forums, including Chat.
      BE ADVISED - I still use an older version of TeraCopy (v2.27), a goody but an oldy, so have only tested my program with that. It may work with the newer v3.xx, or may be easily adjusted to do so, but I have not yet gone that route. Likewise, I only use it with Win 7 and Win XP, but I don't imagine there should be any issues with newer Windows. Add to that, my program being devised and created in AutoIt v3.3.0.0.
      So what is TeraCopy Timer and why might you need it?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Those familiar with TeraCopy use, know you can run multiple copy or move jobs either simultaneously or concurrently (one immediately after another has finished). With the free version at least, you have no control over precise order or timing, and no way to deal (without manual interaction) with the pesky Thumbs.db files in Win XP. TeraCopy Timer allows you to do all those things, and in a batch fashion.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Some screenshots and brief explanation
      Main Window
      Minimalist Window
      This new WAIT feature is the simplest and best way to use the program generally (in my view) ... but check out the following, as it is not always the case.
      Advanced Delay Window
      WARNING - It should go without saying, that you take all the usual precautions. For instance, don't use move with the only copy you have of precious files. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Don't hold me liable for anything, except for being a nice guy who likes to share.
      TeraCopy Timer v2.8.zip  (see detail at Post #34)
      TeraCopy Timer v2.9.zip  (see detail at Post #35)
      Enjoy!
      OLDER DOWNLOADS
      P.S. I am not affiliated in any way with those who created and provide the excellent third party program - TeraCopy.
    • Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This is pretty useful to me at least, I hope to others. Whenever you need to poke a button or such on a GUI, you can just make calls to this UDF and instruct it how long to wait, 0 is forever, anyway, let the code to the explaining. Feel free to help expand this UDF. I plan to create new ones as I go along that support all the Win32 and .NET Controls. Ultimately, I would like to be able to fully control any type of control, this works well with most. Just an example of what you can do.

The test installs and can uninstall 7-Zip 15.14 (x64) Setup.exe
      NOTE: Logger Author(s) .....: Michael Mims (zorphnog)
      ;                    the logging script can be obtained here
      ;                   https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/156196-log4a-a-logging-udf/

WaitForControls.au3
      install_7zip_test.au3