Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Selecting an element without a form

Athos

Hi guys, I'm new to autoit, but so far I love using it and have been having a blast working on test automation with it.

However, I've hit a snag, in that I need to select an option from a select that displays on a page, but the select for whatever reason is not located within a form.

At first I assumed this was wrong, but after double checking with _IEFormGetCollection, none of the forms

contained the select I need to access.

So my question is, how do I select this option, so that I might move on with my script, when the select is not part of a form. I've tried using _IE action, and I've had little success so far.

Thank you,

Athos

zorphnog

You need to provide the HTML of the page in question. You might be able to retrieve it using _IEGetObjById or _IEGetObjByName.

Athos

for the sake of protecting the information on the page i'm going to change a few names:

<span class="smpGroupItemLabel">Selectotheright:</span> <SELECT ID='X' NAME='X' onchange="javascript:setSimpleGroupRuleOption('CO', 'C_D', this.options[this.selectedIndex].value,'D')" ><option id="This is the option that I want" value="All">All</option>

Edited by Athos

Athos

Thanks zorphnog! That worked like a charm ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance

WinActivate("MEDITECH - Internet Explorer") Sleep (500) $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH") $oDiv1 = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "sysmenu-searchbarbutton") _IEAction($oDiv1, "click") I am just trying to click the little magnifying glass, next to the gear button with no luck. I was hoping someone might have an idea why this is not working?

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to type a name in patient summary search box. How should I go about doing this. I am clearly not doing it right. (Attached Picture of HTML code.)
      This is what I have tried. I assume this is not working because it is not a form? 
      WinActivate("MEDITECH - Internet Explorer")       Sleep (500)    $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH")    $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "systemMenu")    $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sysmenu-searchbarinput") _IEFormElementSetValue($oText, "Hey! This works!")
    • aiter
      By aiter
      Just want to report a warning I get when using IE udf and running from F5 in scite

-> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function internal function __IEIsObjType, Cannot register internal error handler, cannot trap COM errors (Use _IEErrorHandlerRegister() to register a user error handler)
      When I look at IE.au3 I see a comment that this function has been removed as there are no more fatal errors.

• jasontj
      By jasontj
      Hello.  I'm working on converting another script from IE to Firefox.  I can't seem to get a handle on the field "Defendant" to fill in a last, first name on this page:
      http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal
      I also can't seem to submit the form.   I've tried the code below... stuff may be commented out that I have tested.

_FFOpenUrl("http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal")    
          _FFLoadWait()
          $oTextFN = _FSObjGet("ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant", "ID")

_FFObj($oTextFN, "value", "Smith, John")    
          $subButton = _FFObjGet("ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder2$ContentPlaceHolder2$btnSearch", "name")
          _FFClick($subButton)
          _FFLoadWait()

;    _FFFormSubmit()
      ;    _FFLoadWait()

Any help from the experts on here would be greatly appreciated.  

Jason

• aiter
      By aiter
      I created a webpage using the IE udf. Great, but then I noticed I cannot do a ctrl-F to find something on the page. 
      If I save the page then bring that page up I can find things of course.
      Its trivial really, but is there way to get the ctrl-F to work when the page is generated without resorting to having to save?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.