Sign in to follow this  

How to check/uncheck WindowsForms10.Button check boxes

I'm trying to automate the setting of some items in a local Group Policy Editor by running gpedit.msc. (The computers are not connected to a domain.) The Properties dialogs contain check-box buttons of class WindowsForms10.BUTTON... I want to be able to check or uncheck the buttons.

I've tried several things. The ControlCommand function with IsChecked always returns 0 whether the button is checked or unchecked. The ControlCommand function with Check toggles the check-box instead of always setting it to checked (i.e. it is like clicking on the button). The ControlCommand function with UnCheck does not seem to do anything.

The _GUICtrlButton_GetCheck and _GUICtrlButton_GetState functions seem to always return 0. The _GUICtrlButton_SetCheck function does not seem to do anything.

I've searched the forum some, and the problem seems to be that these buttons are not standard Win32 API buttons.

Is there a way to check and uncheck these buttons?

Here is what AutoIt Info shows about one of the buttons:

Class: WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.283d742

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.283d7421

Name: defineAuditSettings

Advanced (Class): [NAME:defineAuditSettings]

ID: 66292

Text: &Configure the following audit events:

Position: 25, 117

Size: 396, 24

ControlClick Coords: 125, 11

Style: 0x5601000B

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00000000000102F4

Here is the code that I used to test the various functions. The key part is in the Set_Properties function.

#include <GuiButton.au3>
Local $ret_val
Local $step_delay = 1000

; Run group policy editor
Local Const $win_title = "Local Group Policy Editor"
Local Const $top_tree_key = "Local Computer Policy"
Local Const $tree_id = "[CLASSNN:SysTreeView321]"
Local Const $list_id = "[CLASSNN:SysListView321]"
Local Const $extd_stnd_id = "[CLASSNN:AMCCustomTab1]"

Local $control_column[2] = ["Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies - Local Group Policy Object -> Account Logon", "Audit Credential Validation"]

; Split up the tree key into tree levels based on the string " -> " as a delimiter
Local $tree_key = StringSplit($control_column[0], " -> ", 1)

; Expand each tree level except the last, and then select the last
ControlFocus($win_title, "", $tree_id)
Local $tree_item = $top_tree_key
For $i = 1 To $tree_key[0] - 1
    $tree_item = $tree_item & "|" & $tree_key[$i]
    ControlTreeView($win_title, "", $tree_id, "Expand", $tree_item)
    If @error = 1 Then
        Error_Exit("tree item " & $tree_item & " not found")
$tree_item = $tree_item & "|" & $tree_key[$tree_key[0]]
ControlTreeView($win_title, "", $tree_id, "Select", $tree_item)
If @error = 1 Then
    Error_Exit("tree item " & $tree_item & " not found")

; Sometimes it takes a little while for the list to be populated. So loop until the number of items is
; greater than 0.
ControlFocus($win_title, "", $list_id)
Local $list_count = ControlListView($win_title, "", $list_id, "GetItemCount")
While $list_count = 0
    $list_count = ControlListView($win_title, "", $list_id, "GetItemCount")

; Clear any previous selection in this list, and then find and select the list item.
ControlListView($win_title, "", $list_id, "SelectClear")
Local $list_item = $control_column[1]
Local $list_item_ndx = ControlListView($win_title, "", $list_id, "FindItem", $list_item)
If $list_item_ndx = -1 Then
    Error_Exit("list item " & $list_item & " not found")
ControlListView($win_title, "", $list_id, "Select", $list_item_ndx)

; Hit Enter on the list item to display the properties dialog
ControlSend($win_title, "", $list_id, "{ENTER}")
$ret_val = MsgBox(1, "test", "Perform test?")
If $ret_val = 1 Then
    ; Set the desired properties
    ; Close the properties dialog
    ControlClick($list_item, "", "[TEXT:OK]")

; Close GPE
Send("!{F4}") ; "!f!x" should work, but it doesn't in GPE

Func Set_Properties()
    Local $ret_val
    Local $button_text = "&Configure the following audit events:"

$ret_val = ControlCommand($list_item, "", "[TEXT:" & $button_text & "]", "IsChecked")
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "ControlCommand/IsChecked return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)

$ret_val = ControlCommand($list_item, "", "[TEXT:" & $button_text & "]", "Check")
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "ControlCommand/Check return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)

$ret_val = ControlCommand($list_item, "", "[TEXT:" & $button_text & "]", "UnCheck")
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "ControlCommand/UnCheck return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)

Local $button_hnd = ControlGetHandle($list_item, "", "[TEXT:" & $button_text & "]")
    $ret_val = _GUICtrlButton_GetCheck($button_hnd)
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "_GUICtrlButton_GetCheck return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)

$ret_val = _GUICtrlButton_GetState($button_hnd)
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "_GUICtrlButton_GetState return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)

$ret_val = _GUICtrlButton_SetCheck($button_hnd)
    MsgBox(0, "debug", "_GUICtrlButton_SetCheck return " & $ret_val & ", @error " & @error)
EndFunc ;==>Set_Properties

Func Error_Exit($error_msg)
    MsgBox(0, "Error", $error_msg)
    Exit 1
EndFunc ;==>Error_Exit

The same problem here. Any solution/workaround?

A little more information is needed, what exactly are you trying to do, what isn't working, and what have you tried?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator