Sign in to follow this  

IE.au3 and Javascript :Wait page AND javascript fully loaded

Hi guys.

First of all, i hope u will understand my problem as i'm French and i'm not very good in English.

I got a trouble with my simulation.

I want to create a script that do some actions on a webpage. I use IE.au3, but the page is a full javascript application, so when IE is fully loaded (and _IELoadWait() ends) some content is still created dynamically by Javascript.

Before i can do my job and click on a button with DOM functions, i need to really WAIT javascript's work is finished.

Is there a way to do it?

Thx for ur help,

Edited by timmalos

Is there a way to do it?

I doubt it. Here are two things that MIGHT work:

Look around the page and find an element that is dynamically created.

Then, using IE.au3, continuously poll for data about this element. When it succeeds/gives-empty data, you know the page exists and the Javascript is loaded, as Javascript created that element in the first place.

Option 2:

Use a hard coded timer or user input. This may work depending on the complexity of the javascript, operating environment etc.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

I currently use your option 2 with sleeps, but i want to do better as i need to make a general solution (because i generate these simulations automatically and don't know how many sleeps i need to put in seach simulation).

Furthermore, i need to get the exact time the simulation takes (monitoring/supervision task) and with sleeps i can't have a good timer.

Your option 1 would be great but like in my first sentence i must do as if i didn't know the relevant page. Hence i can't say ok i wait for THIS element to be load. But maybe is it possible to add myself an element at the end of the page with Javascript and wait for him to answer? I don't think so cause he will be inserted by another Javascript thread regardless to the javascript running by IE, but maybe someone can have an idea.

Edited by timmalos

Any idea?

Edited by timmalos

So you know enough about the pages to be able to manipulate them after they are loaded, but not enough to know what dynamic elements you can look for on the page? This sounds strange - perhaps you need to explain in more detail.

There is no general answer to your question. The Ajax processing is asyncronous and there is no way for the browser to know whether it is complete or not. You'll need to apply your knowledge about the pages to devise a scheme that works for you.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Would it be possible to get the HTML source every second or so and search the source (string) for whatever dynamic elements are available?

So you know enough about the pages to be able to manipulate them after they are loaded, but not enough to know what dynamic elements you can look for on the page? This sounds strange - perhaps you need to explain in more detail.

I mean i can manipulate the page after she is loaded because my scenario does it. But This scenario is generated by a robot. The human (who don't know anything about Autoit) say : I want to do this and this on this page.So my scenario does these actions after the page is loaded.That could work if i asked my user to say to my robot : "The last element loading is ..." but generally he won't be able because he dosn't know anything in development.

That's why i asked a 'general solution' so that my robot wait with _IeLoadWait and do some actions to verify the page is well loaded and then do what the user asked.

But it seems impossible so i'll open a support for each scenario : If there is a problem i'll correct the scenaio manually myself.

Edit : Or something i could do using GMK idea is : The first time scenario is launch, he wait some time with Sleep() for example, each second he get the DOM source and see which element is the last (or at least in the lasts), write it and then use this element next.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      i want to repeat this function 
      _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 2") $checkb = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"checkb") _IEAction($checkb,"click") $img = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"img") _IEAction($img,"click") _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 1") $btnfy = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"btnvfy") _IEAction($btnfy,"click") until my targeted webpage not found.
    • Robdog1955
      By Robdog1955
      I'm trying to click a button on a web page. I have added a couple of MsgBox lines to allow me to watch what happens on the page. As you can see the first half of my script enters data into text boxes on the page. I have no problem there. I just cannot click on the region buttons. The "set focus" line causes an outline to appear around the EU button and the "click button" line causes the "Pick a Region" text to disappear. Here is the code I have so far.
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://questchecker.com/") Local $iQuestID = "123456" Local $sCharacterName = "CharacterName" Local $colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE) $iCount = 0 For $oForm In $colForms $oFormElements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm) For $oFormElement In $oFormElements $iCount = $iCount + 1 Local $sTagName = StringLower($oFormElement.tagName) Local $sElementType = $oFormElement.type Local $sElementName = $oFormElement.name Switch $iCount Case 6 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, "MyRealm", 0) ; realm Case 7 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $sCharacterName, 0) Case 8 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $iQuestID, 0) EndSwitch Next Next Local $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "questForm") For $oButton In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oButton) = "US" Then MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to set focus") _IEAction($oButton, "focus") MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to click button") _IEAction($oButton, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to quit") _IEQuit($oIE) Exit  
    • Dent
      By Dent
      As the title says. I open IE11 and navigate to a page with the following HTML5 file upload container in Capture0.JPG
      I want to click Add Files but I haven't been able to. Here's the code that handles the Add Files button in Capture.JPG
      _IEGetObjectById and then using _IEAction to click it doesn't work. I can't give access to the actual page unfortunately because it's password protected.
      All suggestions welcome.

• milos83
      By milos83
      I have one script that creates _IECreateEmbedded and another script that does _IEAttach.
      I do this because when autoit is doing something, the Embedded IE starts stalling (eg jquery progress animation)
      But there is a new problem.
      When IE is having its own process (like in the example above) any _IE command is slow (in the script that Attaches).
      Here is a comparison of when its in separate and when its in same process:
      Separate process _IETagNameGetCollection : 5000ms
      Separate process _IEAction: 850ms
      Same process _IETagNameGetCollection : 1ms
      Same proccess _IEAction: 135ms
      If I try to attach to an embedded IE that is done in c#, I get lightning fast results.
      As you can see, _IE functions work very slow when the embedded IE we are attaching to is made in Autoit.
      I did a test and if I empty the WHILE loop in IE process I get these results(but the cpu is at 30% as expected):
      Separate process _IETagNameGetCollection : 33ms
      Separate process _IEAction: 13ms
      It slows down if you put anything (like GUIGetMsg) in the WHILE loop.
      How do I fix this?
      Create IE:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded() GUICreate("My Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;Show GUI _IENavigate($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com") $timer = TimerInit() $oLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a", 3) ;takes 1ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) $timer = TimerInit() _IEAction($oLink, "click") ;takes 135ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) While 1 Local $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd  
      Attach to IE:
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("My Embedded Web control Test", "embedded") $timer = TimerInit() $oLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a", 3) ; 5000ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) $timer = TimerInit() _IEAction($oLink, "click") ; 850ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF)  
    • Chimp
      By Chimp
      An example on how to inject jQuery into a web page
      It can be useful to manage the page from AutoIt using jQuery.
      Idea from here: http://www.learningjquery.com/2009/04/better-stronger-safer-jquerify-bookmarklet
      Suggestions and improvements are welcome
      #include <ie.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $oIE = _IECreate("www.google.com") Local $jQuery = _jQuerify($oIE) MsgBox(0, "Version", "jQuery version: " & $jQuery.fn.jquery) MsgBox(0, "Example", "click ok to exit." & @CRLF & "Google logo will fade out by jQuery...") $jQuery('#hplogo').fadeOut(3000) ; jQuery will fade out the google logo EndFunc ;==>Example ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _jQuerify ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _jQuerify(Byref $oIE) ; Parameters ....: $oIE - Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application. ; Return values .: an object variable pointing to the jQuery library ; Author ........: Chimp ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _jQuerify(ByRef $oIE) Local $jsEval, $jQuery, $otherlib = False ; create a reference to the javascript eval() function $oIE.document.parentWindow.setTimeout('document.head.eval = eval', 0) Do Sleep(250) $jsEval = Execute('$oIE.Document.head.eval') Until IsObj($jsEval) ; if jQuery is not already loaded then load it If $jsEval("typeof jQuery=='undefined'") Then ; check if the '$' (dollar) name is already in use by other library If $jsEval("typeof $=='function'") Then $otherlib = True Local $oScript = $oIE.document.createElement('script'); $oScript.type = 'text/javascript' ; If you want to load jQuery from a disk file use the following statement ; where i.e. jquery-1.9.1.js is the file containing the jQuery source ; (or also use a string variable containing the whole jQuery listing) ;~ $oScript.TextContent = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\jquery-1.9.1.js") ; <--- from a file ; If you want to download jQuery from the web use this statement $oScript.src = 'https://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js' ; <--- from an url $oIE.document.getElementsByTagName('head').item(0).appendChild($oScript) Do Sleep(250) Until $jsEval("typeof jQuery == 'function'") EndIf Do Sleep(250) $jQuery = $jsEval("jQuery") Until IsObj($jQuery) If $otherlib Then $jsEval('jQuery.noConflict();') Return $jQuery EndFunc ;==>_jQuerify  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.