Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Varian

Windows 8 Stops "Seeing" Windows (WinExists, WinWait, WinGetHandle) after a time

1 post in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with Windows 8 Release Preview & Consumer Preview:

I have several scripts that automate info filling info into windows. They, of course, rely on AutoIT recognizing the windows by REGEXPTITLE & REGEXPCLASS (usually both, unless the title is blank). The scripts work fine for hours after restarting but they all eventually fail to "see" the windows even though they are visible.

I am specifically working with Maxthon 3 (the Download Manager Window) and NetSetMan Pro. My understanding is that Windows 8 does not run explorer persistently & that may be an issue.

I really just wanted wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem with the 2 "official" Windows 8 releases. I know that the software is Beta, so don't flame my post with that old chestnut.

EDIT: This is a multi computer problem

Edited by Varian

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      if ControlClick("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]"," ","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") Then $htreeview=ControlGetHandle($hwnd,"","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The above code worked well to enable the martupgrade feature on windows 7.
      As part of our Installation Testing Automation before delivering the installer to end user.To confirm whether all the screens are working good.

But it is not working on windows 10.

$h= ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The $h is getting value 1,which means error.
    • ur
      By ur
      I have automated an install process by using the below code.

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0) WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) EndFunc $win1 = "Text 1" $win2 = "Text 2" _WinWaitActivate($win1,"WARNING: This progra") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{SPACE}") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"I DISAGREE and &do n") Send("{UP}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Customer Information") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{TAB}{TAB}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Click Next to instal") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"This feature require") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{TAB}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Ready to Install the") Send("{ALTDOWN}i{ALTUP}");Send("i") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"The InstallShield Wi") Send("{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}");Send("f") _WinWaitActivate($win2,"You must restart you") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("n") Now if any new screen comes in the middle of installation, like some VC++ installation error or like that.
      The AutoIT is waiting in the background.
      Is there any way to skip the new screens with just "enter" and continue the installation??
    • TheInfamousOne
      By TheInfamousOne
      I have a small exe I created in AutoIt that seems to be causing some problems in OutLook when people go to save a PDF or Reply to emails.

Here is my code.

TraySetState(2) WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "Make sure that your sign-in address, user name, and password are correct and try again.", 0) WinClose( "Lync")  
      So this works just fine, it closes these message prompts we are trying to suppress.  But if the autoit executable is running when someone is using Outlook and they go to Save as PDF.  When they click "Save As" and go to type in the name of the file to save, they can't type in the box.  So if they close the autoit executable that's running only the code above, then they can use type in the name of the file.  So we know the EXE is preventing users from saving documents.

Now, I'm sure it could be the way I've written this code, but I'm new to AutoIt and I'm not sure what could be causing this.  This little script seems like it' targeting the correct CLASS # and Window TItle and exact message.  So I don't understand why it's interfering with other applications.

Any ideas?
    • AutID
      By AutID
      Hello,

I will put it as simple as possible
      Why this code runs perfectly on 32bit and it fails on 64bit?
      Local $hWND = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:LSS_app]") ConsoleWrite($hWND & @LF) Local $hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error: " & @error & @LF) For $i = 0 To $hModuleList[0][0] - 1 ;~ If StringInStr($hModuleList[$i][1], "sysCap64.dll") Then ConsoleWrite($hModuleList[$i][0] & @LF) ;~ EndIf Next As the title says EnumProcessModules returns error 10 which I have no clue what it is.
      It must be something with autoit or my lack of coding because a similar code in C# will work like a charm on both x86 and x64
      Process[] Processes = Process.GetProcessesByName("winLSS64Cap"); Process nProcess = Processes[0]; Handle = OpenProcess(0x10, true, (uint)nProcess.Id); for(int i = 0; i < nProcess.Modules.Count; i++) { Console.WriteLine(nProcess.Modules[i].ModuleName); }  
    • feelie75
      By feelie75
      Hi. i googled and searched a lot before posting this. thanks for any help.
      I need to locate a window that has no title or discernible text, BUT is always the same size. The autoit documentation says:
      "X \ Y \ W \ H - The position and size of a window
      One or more properties are used in the title parameter of a window command in the format:
      [PROPERTY1 : Value1; PROPERTY2:Value2]"
      However, i can't figure out exactly how to do that. i tried:
      Local $winAW = WinWait("[W:506;H:288]", "", 30);
      That didn't work. I couldn't find an example of the specific format I need to use. Can someone provide a proven working example? Maybe that example can be added to the documentation? Thanks!