Sign in to follow this  
ICANSEEYOU7687

Excel cell as a string

ICANSEEYOU7687

Sorry if this is a silly/stupid question, but I was curious how to do this.

I am trying to check dates in an excel column to get usage statistics, and the date is formatted like MM/DD/YY. I would like to pull this out as a string, and separate this into 3 variables for month, day, and year to be able to do some basic calculations on.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

jdelaney

use the _Excel* functions to open, read, and then you can do a string split, or regular expression to create an array with your needed data...excel will return a standrard format, regardless of the visual formatting on the spreadsheet (the date, that is) *fairly sure

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

ICANSEEYOU7687

Worked! Thanks, I havent used autoit in a while and im a bit rusty.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Yesterday I had to make some little changes to an old Autoit program we use at my work.
      The program reads some data and convert it to Excel.
      Before writing the cell, it is changed to text and later on I slap the column with an autofitwidth.
      Furthermore weI execute a conditional format on the sheet, to make the data more readable.
      I quickly found out that because of the breaking changes Excel.udf had starting from AutoIt 3.3.12.0,
      a lot of things had to been changed.
      The changes I had to do, only took 10 minutes.
      After trying to adjust the script for over 5 hours, to get it working with the new Excel.udf, I gave up.
      I stopped changing the script, uninstalled the my Autoit and went looking for an older version.
      Luckilly I was able to find Autoit v3.3.8.1 (with corresponding Scite) in my software repository.
      Installing Autoit V3.3.8.1 and compiling the file, now took me  10 minutes .

So why did I not get the old script working with the new Excel.udf?
      There are several reasons I failed getting the old script working with the new Excel UDF.
       I had some pressure from management to fix it ASAP (and got a little anxious)  Most all resources on the internet point to the working of the old EXcel.UDF And offcourse there were thosing "breaking changes",
      with new functions using diffrent parameters or using parameters in different order. One of the column's on the sheet is used to store EAN13 (barcode) and was formatted like 1,23E12.
      I couldn't change the cell to text, also autofitwidt was not working and using conditional formatting was also a no-no.
      So in the end I could use the new Excel UDF, but not desapointed management.

What would I like to ask?
      I understand that sometimes you want to rewrite a program to make it better. I even understand that one has to make breaking changes sometimes.
      But in this case because of lacking examples/resources my day went completely down the drain.
      I would like to ask the Excel.udf developpers to:
      Make more functions available to do things like changing cell properties easily, changing cell color, do an autofit columnwidth, format data conditionally. 
        Or write an Example using the (new) Excel UDF, making examples how to format a cell, do conditional format, changing cell colors etc.
        I probably am more of an example guy.
      Having a good Excel.UDF Example showing a lot of common things normally makes, programming things easy for me.
      Because I can keep tweaking snippets until I get it working the way I want it.

So dear developpers, could you help me and other future user out?

• liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello Members of this best Forum
      i have a question please
      for example if i have a long string
      and i want to extract a text between two tag
      what i can do to make that?
      note :
      i know that there is a
      StringRegExp function
      it's do that work
      but it result is be as an array
      i want the result to be a string
      is there any function on autoit can do that?
      Thanks in advance.