Sign in to follow this  
gillesg

[Solved] Xml Parsing - with XMLDOM

gillesg

Hi All,

I Am trying to update field in a xml file ("iTunesPrefs.xml" see attach)

To do so, I try to use XMLDOM (link : )

So far I am unsuccesfull.

Here is the code I came up to, and I am stuck.

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
#include "_XMLDomWrapper.au3"

$DirInput =@TempDir
$FileInput = "iTunesPrefs.xml"

$sXmlFile =$DirInput & "\" & $FileInput
$iOXml = _XMLFileOpen($sXmlFile)
$XmlRootPath = "//plist/dict"

Local $i_Nodes = _XMLGetNodeCount ( $XmlRootPath)
msgbox(0,"","nb node = " & $i_Nodes)
If $i_Nodes > 0 Then
Local $sRet = _XMLGetChildNodes ( $XmlRootPath)
$i_nodes=$sRet[0]
msgbox(0,"","nb node = " & $i_Nodes)

Local $nodeIndex, $key[$i_Nodes], $value[$i_nodes], $z
If IsArray($sRet) Then
_ArrayDisplay($sRet,"Node Names with _XMLGetChildNodes")
$aArr = _XMLGetField ($XmlRootPath)
_arraydisplay($aArr)
For $nodeIndex = 1 To $sRet[0]
$key[$nodeIndex - 1] = _RetFirst(_XMLGetField ($XmlRootPath & "[" & $nodeIndex & "]"))
$value[$nodeIndex - 1] = "<" &$sRet[$nodeIndex] & ">" & _RetFirst(_XMLGetField ($XmlRootPath & "[" & $nodeIndex & "]"))
Next
_ArrayDisplay($key, "Key")
_ArrayDisplay($Value, "Value")
EndIf
EndIf
Exit

;===============================================================================
;Funcs
;===============================================================================
Func _RetFirst($aArray); return first item in an array
If IsArray($aArray) Then
if $aArray[0] >=1 then
Return $aArray[1]
Else
Return $aArray[0]
EndIf
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_RetFirst

I want to navigate thru each XML node and manipulate its Xml Tag Name and value.

Especialy I want to update the Value of the Data field after the "<key>iTunes Library XML Location:1</key>"

Can anyone give me some hints or advices ? I am lost.

Regards.

iTunesPrefs.xml

Edited by gillesg

jdelaney

Please provide the XPath, or a snippet of the XML.

$oXML=ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
;$stest = @DesktopDir & "xml1.xml"
$oXML.LoadXML('<td class="questionTitle"><a href="testing an attribute.html" class="asdf" >asdf</a></td>') ; load text of the DOM object
;$oXML.load($stest) ; load file of xml
ConsoleWrite ( $oXML.xml & @CRLF)
$result1 = $oXML.selectSingleNode('//a')
$result1.text = "whatever you want it to be"
ConsoleWrite ( $oXML.xml & @CRLF)

this will change the value of the //a node/

One more sample, to loop through nodes:

$result = $oXML.selectNodes( '//items/item[@name="test"]/type[contains(@title,"value")]' )
For $Node In $result
 If $node.text = "whatever your condition is" Then
  $node.text = "whatever value you need"
 EndIf
Next
Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

gillesg

Please provide the XPath, or a snippet of the XML.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response. The XML file that I try to parse is attached to the first post.

I will dig into your sample to see it if i am able to work it out.

Regards,

Gilles

gillesg

Hi,

After digging into the proposition, I realized that my problem was not knowing what "XPATH" was.

I used the following ressources to get a basic understanding and fix what I needed :

http://www.zvon.org/comp/r/ref-XPath_2.html#intro

Detailled XPATH-2 possibilities

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html

XPATH-1 tutorial

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1198253/xpath-how-to-select-elements-based-on-their-value

Some answers from the web

And finally my code now looks like :

; Script Start - Add your code below here
#Include
#Include
#include "Base64.au3"
#include "_XMLDomWrapper.au3"

$DirInput = "C:\Users\ggros\Personnel\Réflexion codage"
$FileInput = "iTunesPrefs.xml"

$sXmlFile =$DirInput & "\" & $FileInput
$iOXml = _XMLFileOpen($sXmlFile)

$XmlRootPath = '//plist/dict/dict/key[starts-with(text(),"iTunes Library XML Location")]/following::data[position()=1]'

;iTunes Library XML Location
Local $i_Nodes = _XMLGetNodeCount ( $XmlRootPath)
If $i_Nodes = 1 Then
$aArrayValue = _XMLGetValue($XmlRootPath)
_arraydisplay($aArrayValue,"_XMLGetValue")

_XMLUpdateField($XmlRootPath,"The New data that need to be set ")
$abArr = _XMLGetValue($XmlRootPath)
_arraydisplay($abArr,"_XMLGetValue")
EndIf
Exit

The magic lies here :

$XmlRootPath = '//plist/dict/dict/key[starts-with(text(),"iTunes Library XML Location")]/following::data[position()=1]'

Regards,

Gilles

jonpoeschek

Hi gillesg,

Were you able to get this working? I'm also looking for a way to set the Itunes xml file location.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• bhns
      By bhns
      try it for make flyers old games xml + Gdi, i belive many sources had lost 
      AIT-ADRLIST.au3

• CosminV
      By CosminV
      Hello guys,

This XML things are driving me crazy...
      Please let me know how can I use the _XMLGetAttrib function... I've tried every possible way that I've read on the forum and I cannot succeed reading an attribute.

The XML looks like bellow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <BATCH attr1= "aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc">
           <Node1 attr1="aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee" attr7="fff" attr8="ggg"/>
           <Node2 attr1="aaa" attr2="" attr3="" attr4="ddd"/>
           <Node3 attr1="" attr2="" attr3="ccc" attr4="" attr5="" attr6="eee"/>
           <Panel attr1="aaa" STATUS="BBB" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee">
                <Node5 attr1="aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee" attr7="fff" attr8="ggg"/>
                .............................................................................................................................................................................
           </Panel>
      </Batch>

I need to read the value of STATUS form the Panel node.

Could you please help me?

Best regards,
      Cococnb
    • Subz
      By Subz
      Can anyone assist with creating/modify/delete XML Nodes/Child Nodes?
      Have a document for example:
      <ConfigData> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>10</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>IPAddress</name> <value>192.168.1.1</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>200</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting Three</name> <value>300</value> </parameter> </ConfigData> Would like to add another node parameter/name, parameter/value, but unsure how to, when there are multiple instances with the same tagname for example, would like to add the following if the nodes do not already exist:
      <parameter> <name>UserPreferredLanguage</name> <value>English</value> </parameter> Currently using the following to check and delete/modify existing nodes, was thinking of placing the name and value into a 2d array and then using a true/false in a 3rd column to return if the setting was found and modified or not, so I can decide whether I need to create the nodes or not, but I'm hoping there is a simpler way.\
      Any assistance would be much appreciated.
      PS: Have also written this with the XML Dom Wrapper UDF but still unsure how to proceed with checking nodes and creating them if they're missing, also couldn't find a function to delete a full node + parent using selectNodes, hence the custom __XML_DeleteNode function.
      Thanks
      Local $sXMLDocPath = @ScriptDir & "\XMLDoc.xml" Local $oXMLDoc = ObjCreate("MSXML2.DOMDocument") $oXMLDoc.validateOnParse = False $oXMLDoc.load($sXMLDocPath) Local $oXMLNodes = $oXMLDoc.selectNodes("ConfigData/parameter") If IsObj($oXMLNodes) Then For $oXMLNode In $oXMLNodes If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting One" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 10 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "IPAddress" Then __XML_DeleteNode($oXMLNode) EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Two" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 20 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Three" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 30 EndIf Next EndIf $oXMLDoc.Save ($sXMLDocPath) Func __XML_DeleteNode($_oNode_Enum) If $_oNode_Enum.hasChildNodes Then For $_oNode_Enum_Child In $_oNode_Enum.childNodes If $_oNode_Enum_Child.nodeType = $XML_NODE_TEXT Then If StringStripWS($_oNode_Enum_Child.text, $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING + $STR_STRIPSPACES) = "" Then $_oNode_Enum.removeChild($_oNode_Enum_Child) EndIf EndIf Next EndIf $_oNode_Enum.parentNode.removeChild($_oNode_Enum) EndFunc  
    • PedroWarlock
      By PedroWarlock
      (GOOGLE TRANSLATOR) Sorry: /
      Sorry, there is no new difficulty to organize my reading system, I need an XLM file like that, which is the problem with 30 thousand lines, is this, I need to find the value "Difficulty" and "live" and tell the program what's with the "default =" yes "" not <dipvalue>, can anyone have an example of how I wanted to do this? An example is enough to do this.
      example.au3
      #include <Array.au3> #include "XML.au3" _Example() Func _Example() Local $oXML = _XML_CreateDOMDocument(Default) Local $sXML_Content =@ScriptDir & "\file.xml" _XML_Load($oXML, $sXML_Content) ; ~ _XML_LoadXML($oXML, $sXML) Local $iNodeCount = _XML_GetNodesCount($oXML, "/mame/game") ConsoleWrite("Group(s): $iNodeCount = " & $iNodeCount & "; @error = " & @error & "; @extended = " & @extended & @LF) Local $aNames = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/description") Local $aTaxCountries = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/manufacturer") Local $aData[$iNodeCount + 1][4] = [[$iNodeCount, "", ""]] For $n = 1 To $iNodeCount Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne, 'name') Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne2 = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch/dipvalue[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value2 = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne2, 'name') $aData[$n][0] = $aNames[$n] $aData[$n][1] = $aTaxCountries[$n] $aData[$n][2] = $sAttribute_Value $aData[$n][3] = $sAttribute_Value2 Next _ArrayDisplay($aData, "$aData") EndFunc ;==>_Example  
      file.xml
      <mame build="0.124a BRarcade(Mar 31 2008)" debug="no"> <game name="puckman" sourcefile="pacman.c"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 1, Probably Bootleg)</description> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmana" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 2)</description> <dipswitch name="Rack Test (Cheat)"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanh" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacman" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> <driver status="good" emulation="good" color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported" palettesize="512"/> </game> </mame>
    • Ascer
      By Ascer
      Hello.
      A couple week ago i've started learning API Interface for different websites. In this fact sometimes you have to encode your "photo" or "document.body" to send request.
      Functions to encode and decode Base64 was already created by others. Unfortunately i have troubles with running it on Windows R 2008, also speed was terrible.
      I try to find alternative way to code data. 
      I've read about Microsoft "XMLDOM" and created a one simple function to Encode / Decode data to base64binary, base64url
      Thanks for Ghads on Wordpress i coverted a part of his lines from VBscript to AutoIT
      ;============================================================================================================================== ; Function: base64($vCode [, $bEncode = True [, $bUrl = False]]) ; ; Description: Decode or Encode $vData using Microsoft.XMLDOM to Base64Binary or Base64Url. ; IMPORTANT! Encoded base64url is without @LF after 72 lines. Some websites may require this. ; ; Parameter(s): $vData - string or integer | Data to encode or decode. ; $bEncode - boolean | True - encode, False - decode. ; $bUrl - boolean | True - output is will decoded or encoded using base64url shema. ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns output data ; On Failure - Returns 1 - Failed to create object. ; ; Author (s): (Ghads on Wordpress.com), Ascer ;=============================================================================================================================== Func base64($vCode, $bEncode = True, $bUrl = False) Local $oDM = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM") If Not IsObj($oDM) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 1) Local $oEL = $oDM.createElement("Tmp") $oEL.DataType = "bin.base64" If $bEncode then $oEL.NodeTypedValue = Binary($vCode) If Not $bUrl Then Return $oEL.Text Return StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($oEL.Text, "+", "-"),"/", "_"), @LF, "") Else If $bUrl Then $vCode = StringReplace(StringReplace($vCode, "-", "+"), "_", "/") $oEL.Text = $vCode Return $oEL.NodeTypedValue EndIf EndFunc ;==>base64