Sign in to follow this  
VixinG

Very slow PixelGetColor processing in Win7 64-bit

VixinG

Hey geniuses ! :)

I'm back with a question, why script working on my old PC with a lot of PixelGetColors (about 25 per second) works flawlessly, where one loop (one run of the script) takes 100ms and on my brand new PC (i5-3570k, 8gb memory, intel hd 4000 graphics) is very slow and it's taking about 850ms?

I have Windows 7 64-bit version. I turned off all themes and improved all for best performance, disabled Aero, and still, it doesn't help much, still about 220 ms...

When I disable (;) all PixelGetColor functions, it executes fast and nice, doing it in right time, so it's something with GDI+ I believe. Am I wrong?

I would like to continue my project on new PC. Can you give me some clues, help, examples how to fix that issue?

Thanks a lot :)

VixinG

[indent=3][/indent]

Aarstad

Try adjust the resolution a bit lower and see if that helps.

VixinG

It didn't help :/ it's a little bit faster after some improvements, but still slower than on my 10-years-old PC.

All it does is loop of pixelgetcolors. Can't go further because of that problem.

Edited by VixinG

[indent=3][/indent]

VixinG

It happens only with pixel related functions like pixelgetcolor or pixelsearch etc. They are slow in loop, but it can be because I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and it's kind of slow, but I have tuned it up to 1600 Mhz and 1024 mb memory. Still pretty slow compared to my old computer.

[indent=3][/indent]

ahha

Check out the Q&A at:

last entry.