Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LetsAuto

{HELP} saving strings in list boxes to a .log to be later used

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. not quite sure how to get a list box to save its strings into a single .log or .txt file (either would work for me), and then later call each individual string..

the list box has up to 30 items in it, the user will be able to deselect certain items, or select items... i just need a way to save each string into an external file so i can later call them back as variables and display them into a disabled list box.. if anyone could help that would be extremely appreciated. reply if my objective is confusing.

THANKS!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

$functionWrite = FileReadLine("C:IanLogTestfunctionLog.log")
Switch $functionWrite
Case "0"
$FunctionWrite = ""
Case Else
$functionWrite = FileReadLine("C:IanLogTestfunctionLog.log", 4)
$functionWrite = _GUICtrlListBox_InsertString($functionsList, $functionWrite)
EndSwitch

... say if there are 20 lines in the .log.... my best bet would be to use a For...Next. within the Case Else... yes or no?

Edited by LetsAuto

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• wimhek
      By wimhek
      Is it possible , and how can I read and write txt files from Icloud (apple service) ?
      Let me try to explain my application.
      On my Ipad and Iphone I create txt files. On my windows computer it is possible to read and modify these files manually, by logging in on www.icloud.com.
      What I want to make is an auto-it script who reads the txt file and create an new txt file on www.icloud.com,  so I can acces these on my ipad and/or phone.

Thank you.
    • LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      #include <File.au3> HotKeySet("{Esc}", "_exit") HotKeySet("{Home}","Start") Global $ifile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\text1.txt") while 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func Start() $random = Random(1,10,1) $line = FileReadLine($ifile,$random) $ifile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\text1.txt", 2) _FileWriteToLine($ifile,$random,"",1) $countline = _FileCountLines($ifile) EndFunc Func _exit() Exit EndFunc  
      i try to overwrite the line from text but its clear all
      can someone help plz
    • antmar904
      By antmar904
      Hi,
      I ran a remote program on 180 computers and logged the output to a log file with paexec.  I'm trying to parse through the log file to see which computers launched the program successfully and record the computer name but I'm not sure how to go about it. 
      I can successfully open the log file, read it but not sure how to start separating the data.
      I've attached the log file, basically every computer entry in the log file for a new computer starts with "Connecting to <computername>..." I was thinking about using that as the start and stop point for retrieving the end results.  Anything with a "returned 0" is a success, everything is a fail.
      Any help is much appreciated.
      testlogfile.txt