[Solved] Need Simple Error Handler

CountyIT

@Melba23 .... JonBMN's remarks were not inflammatory. They were accurate. There is a difference. I responded to JOS in the exact same manner he responded to me. A lot of this is tit-for-tat. Now there scriptkiddying and I am guilty of it. JOS I apologize. The comment I made to you in the other thread was uncalled for. Thank you very much for for last response. Very, very helpful.

I am not trying to attack Jos I am only trying to make him understand that everyone is new and I see he understands this which is great. I am not linked to CountyIT and am no way insulting anyone and should not be attacked when I am not him. I even gave a little compliment to Jos because of how knowledgeable he is and I completely respect that. I understand his frustrations but at the same time people will always need help otherwise these forums would be obsolete and there would be no need for them. I will not apologize on behalf of my opinion though, seeing as Jos is a respectable member I will expect him to take this as merely a little help when it comes to newbies. He can take it or he won't that is his option. I praise his work unconditionally, and see him as a true AutoIT guru of sorts.

Melba you seem to have contradicted yourself in your post above when saying my opinion is valid, then saying I should think twice. I look to your support in these forums and that is why I gave you a heads up, not to be bashed into not wanting to put my opinion on a help forum which new people join almost everyday. We are all here to either help or learn, and that is what I intend to see in these forums no matter if it is a long time member or a brand new person. My comment was not to bash, but to be helpful in the future.

Edited by JonBMN

• Developers

Guys, lets agree to drop this discussion and go back to the original posted question.

Having supported this community for over 10 years we do tend to be maybe too judgemental every once and a while, but you have to believe me that this comes with the job after all the BS that's thrown at us at times..

As to you guys not being related: You do use the exact same "home" ;)

Lets move on.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you for understanding and being a great help in these forums. Thats all I wanted to see :D and trust me I've seen examples of what your talking about and you've done a great job handling it, that's why these forums are here still and why we still come to get your help.

Much appreciated,

JonBMN

The links supplied to getting the Obfuscator set up and working opened up a whole new, bright universe. Actually it pointed out what a horrid job I did of codeing but we won't talk about that :)

The AU3Check returned a lot of errors with respect to, I believe, the Winapi.au3. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

C:Documents and SettingsSRRSLaptopDesktopPlaytimeInstall_Obfuscated.au3(192,51) : ERROR: $__WINAPICONSTANT_WM_SETFONT previously declared as a 'Const'.

Global Const $__WINAPICONSTANT_WM_SETFONT = 0x0030

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:Documents and SettingsSRRSLaptopDesktopPlaytimeInstall_Obfuscated.au3(193,47) : ERROR: $__WINAPICONSTANT_FW_NORMAL previously declared as a 'Const'.

Global Const $__WINAPICONSTANT_FW_NORMAL = 400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:Documents and SettingsSRRSLaptopDesktopPlaytimeInstall_Obfuscated.au3(194,51) : ERROR: $__WINAPICONSTANT_DEFAULT_CHARSET previously declared as a 'Const'.

Global Const $__WINAPICONSTANT_DEFAULT_CHARSET = 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:Documents and SettingsSRRSLaptopDesktopPlaytimeInstall_Obfuscated.au3(195,54) : ERROR: $__WINAPICONSTANT_OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS previously declared as a 'Const'.

Global Const $__WINAPICONSTANT_OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS = 0

ya.... I am slowly working my way through this. WindowConstants.au3 and Winapi.au3 both declare the same things but declare them a little differently hence the errors but one has things the other doesn't and visa-versa so I need to include both. How do you handle cases like this?

The lazy way, and the way I would probably handle it is by replacing those constants with their literal values in the script or renaming them if it is used for internal use. But that is a strange problem, the includes that came with AI have always worked fine for me. Maybe try doing a clean install.

Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

CountyIT,

WindowConstants.au3 and Winapi.au3

WindowsConstants.au3 and Winapi.au3 are consistent. What else do you include? Do you have a fresh install of the current version of AutoIT?

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I am almost going to agree. Something is hosed. One of the varibles that is says is declared twice is $__WINAPICONSTANT_WM_SETFONT

I am including winapi.au3 which obviously includes it once but damn if I can fined where it is being included a second time. Here are my includes now that I have destroyed them:

#include <Winapi.au3>

#include <StringAddThousandsSepEx.au3>

#include <BlockInputEx.au3>

#include <Crypt.au3>

#include <Date.au3>

I think tomorrow I will un-install and re-install everything. Can't think of anything else to try.

Edited by CountyIT

Check only the non-default include files, because the files that come with AutoIt's download probably aren't to blame.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I've run into this once before, so what I did was I went into one of the includes and copied out just the function I needed and renamed the variables if I had to.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!