Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mallie99

Progress Bars

2 posts in this topic

Hey peeps...

I've been searching for any documentation on how to get progress information from a running process and haven't been able to find anything that I can use to learn how to get it done...

What am I looking for?

Something that will allow me to run an external program, such as defrag or imagex from within a GUI and that will allow the progress of that program to show within the GUI I have created. Sort of like how GimageX displays the progress while it's running.

Why am I looking for it?

I've spent quite some time trying to find some code that I can learn from which will help me. At my last company I was trying to create a more streamlined, custom GimageX. I have also in the past had need to create a GUI for things like Defrag to simplify the process for end users (even simple can be too complex) and I'd just like to get my head around the process.

Does this even exist?

This is a question I'd like answering first I guess, is the reason I can't find out how to do it because you can't do it? I imagine that this may not be possible for running executables, but instead through running procedures within a DLL... Which is something else I need to get my head around.

So... Can anyone point me in the right direction for tutorials (internal or external) or with some source code which I can play with to get my head around it all?

Yours Gratefully.... Mallie x

Are you telling me something I need to know or something I want to know?

If you're talking about a progress bar from an application, probably you'll find a msctls_progress32 control and you should be able to get some info about.

When the words fail... music speaks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello
      please i need to link a progress bar with a time can you help me?
      e.g
      i want to set a progress bar for 10 sec
      am waiting for your answers
      thank you.
    • leomoon
      By leomoon
      Hello,
      I'm trying to write a hotkey program and I know exactly how to do it but it will be hard coded and the user won't be able to edit it.
      HotKeySet("{ESC}", "HotKeyPressed") HotKeySet("^!d", "HotKeyPressed") HotKeySet("^+x", "HotKeyPressed") While 1 Sleep(500) WEnd Func HotKeyPressed() Switch @HotKeyPressed Case "{ESC}" Exit Case "^!d" ShellExecute("D:\Docs") Case "^+x" ShellExecute("D:\Docs\My Portables\Burner\AnyBurn\AnyBurn.exe") EndSwitch EndFunc I want the program to read a file that has hotkeys on odd lines and paths on even lines but I don't see how the program will load into itself.
      Is it even possible?
      Thanks.
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i'm code software listen music on GUI, it's show time playing, hotkey pause/play music, and the last i missing that's the progress to seek the video to hour::ss:( i can't describe exactly, it's like a progress with red color we can backward or fast forward on youtube, i want do the same like that on my gui) i used to use guicreate slider, but it's not good, any idea give me, Tks(sorry for my bad english)

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I want create retractable bar using autoit
      I tried creating slider, but there's a problem with screen reader for the blind, so is there another retractable tape?
      It is advisable to not accept dragging with the keybord only with  mouse
      note:
      This bar is needed in the process of raising and lowering the volume
      I hope that there is a solution to do that
      i waiting your responses.
      Thanks in advance to all members and administrators