Sign in to follow this  
Mallie99

Progress Bars

Hey peeps...

I've been searching for any documentation on how to get progress information from a running process and haven't been able to find anything that I can use to learn how to get it done...

What am I looking for?

Something that will allow me to run an external program, such as defrag or imagex from within a GUI and that will allow the progress of that program to show within the GUI I have created. Sort of like how GimageX displays the progress while it's running.

Why am I looking for it?

I've spent quite some time trying to find some code that I can learn from which will help me. At my last company I was trying to create a more streamlined, custom GimageX. I have also in the past had need to create a GUI for things like Defrag to simplify the process for end users (even simple can be too complex) and I'd just like to get my head around the process.

Does this even exist?

This is a question I'd like answering first I guess, is the reason I can't find out how to do it because you can't do it? I imagine that this may not be possible for running executables, but instead through running procedures within a DLL... Which is something else I need to get my head around.

So... Can anyone point me in the right direction for tutorials (internal or external) or with some source code which I can play with to get my head around it all?

Yours Gratefully.... Mallie x

Are you telling me something I need to know or something I want to know?

If you're talking about a progress bar from an application, probably you'll find a msctls_progress32 control and you should be able to get some info about.

When the words fail... music speaks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello evrybody
      here is an example about how to split your texts using a delimiter with the ability to select how much of delimiters shows in each colum  with $i_number
      e.g
      you have a long text and you want to split it in an array
      that evry colum have a number (n) of lines
      i made a function that do that for you
      just call it with a three params
      $s_text
      your text
      $i_number
      the number that you want to put in each col
      $s_siparator
      the siparator
      default is "|"
      here is the function with example
      i hope that it will be useful for you

#include <Array.au3> $s_txt = "some text1some text2|some text3|some text4|some text5|some text6" $array = splitText($s_txt, 2) _ArrayDisplay($array) Func splitText($s_text, $i_number, $s_siparator = "|") Local $a_TXT = StringSplit($s_text, $s_siparator) Local $a_Return[$a_TXT[0] + 1] If ($a_TXT[0] <= $i_number) Or ($i_number <= 0) Then ReDim $a_Return[2] $a_Return[0] = 1 $a_Return[1] = $s_text Return $a_Return EndIf Local $i_Processed = 1, $i_arrayProcessed = 1 Do For $i = $i_Processed To ($i_Processed + $i_number) - 1 If ($a_TXT[0] < $i) Then ExitLoop If Not ($a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed]) Then $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] = $a_TXT[$i] Else $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] &= $s_siparator & $a_TXT[$i] EndIf $i_Processed += 1 Next $i_arrayProcessed += 1 Until ($a_TXT[0] < $i_Processed) ReDim $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] $a_Return[0] = $i_arrayProcessed - 1 Return $a_Return EndFunc ;==>splitText
      accept my greetings
      thanks to
      @Dan_555
      for his notes

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning autoit team
      please i need your help
      am trying to make an program that work with hotkeys
      it function is to change the volume to the current application
      e.g when i select the vlc window by using this hotkey i will be able to change the vlc volume with out changing the system volume.
       am able to get the process handle and the process name of the window
      but when am trying to get or set the volume i does not succeded
      i tried to search in this forums but no result.
      can you please guide me to do that.
      am waiting for your answers
      thanks in advanced
    • By Skeletor
      Hey All,
      Yes, this is an odd request. 
      But is there a way to bulk up the size of the compiled program? 
      I know many want to reduce it's size, but I want to increase it.
      What methods do you suggest?
    • By dejhost
      Happy New Year everyone!
      I would like to extract the color values of certain pixels in an image.  This is how I picture the workflow: 
      User opens an image of his choice. Image is shown on the screen. User draws a line into the image. This happens by marking the startpixel and the endpixel of the line The line is drawn, so the user can check visually if he is happy with the line.  The following pixel based properties belonging to the line are stored in Excel: X-Coordinate Y-Coordinate Color Value Additional operations: Extracting for max- and min. color values; Statistical operations.   Browsing through the helpfile of AutoIt I find plenty of functions for treating images (e.g. GDIPlus), but I am completely unsure if Autoit will get me there. Should I read the entire image into an array? Should I rather attempt to script an external image software (e.g. IrfanView, Gimp)?
      I would be very thankful if someone could give some recommendations and maybe list a couple of the most important commands to use.
      Thank you very much.
      Dejhost

• By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      I want to make my progress bar progress with the amount of File lines read. 
      How would I do this correctly. So far the code below can sometimes run in the middle of the progress bar and state completed.. and other times it can run into the 200%. 

;======================================================================== ProgressOn("TITLE", "ACTION") ;======================================================================== For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead, $count) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] $value4 = $input[4] $TM = FileWrite("C:\temp\test.txt", $value1 & " " & $value2 & " " & $value3 & " " & $value4 & @CRLF) ProgressSet($count, $count & "%") Next ;======================================================================== ; PROGRESS BAR OFF ;======================================================================== ProgressSet(_FileCountLines($FileRead), "Completed!") Sleep(750) ProgressOff() ;========================================================================