Sign in to follow this  
Xibalba

Measure time a key is pressed down?

Xibalba

Hello!

Do anyone know a simple program, a website, or perhaps a simple AutoIt script to achieve the following:

When i press [Enter], ".", or any othey key, I want to see for how long that specific key is pressed down. This should generally be a very low number, a few milliseconds perhaps. I want to measure this with precision.

Later on I want to measure mouse clicks as well (down time), but I'd love to start look at keyboard data.

Thanks in advance!

Melba23

Xibalba,

When i press [Enter], ".", or any othey key, I want to see for how long that specific key is pressed down

By definition you are looking to create a "keylogger" - which is prohibited under the Forum rules (there is also a link at bottom right of each page). So I am afraid this thread ends now. Nothing against you as I know that is not what you are looking to do - but the rules are the rules. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Hi,
      Ones(some times twice) a month I get an e-mail with zip file, which has price updates from a supplier.
      I have to upload the file to an FTP to get it processed.
      When uploading the file, it will get "timestamped" with the time and date at which time the file was uploaded.
      Normally this is fine, because I mostly upload the file the same day.
      Sometimes it may take 1 or 2 days before I can upload the file.
      For historical purpose, I would like to have the file timestamped with the original date.
      I have tried using:  _FTP_Command ( $hFTPSession, "MFCT YYYYMMDDHHMMSS path") 
      however this command does not work or change the timestamp as I expected.
      Does anyone now a way how I can change the timestamp of a FTP-file?
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, for a script of mine, I wish to keep a time frame on till how the program will work.. basically, I want the program to read the date and if the read date < 'a particular date', the program continues, else it exit. I don't want to read the time from the computer as the program can be fooled by resetting the pc time. is there a way to read time from internet - so that the user cannot fool the program by date reset? thanks
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've bought a Ergodox EZ programmable keyboard with layers of key maps (eg, layer 0 = dvorak, layer 1 = numberpad & nav, layer 2 = qwerty, etc), I've also got a small USB screen that can pull information from the registry. What I would like to determine is a way to pull the value of each current key from the keyboard, I can then write the values to the registry and pull them into my USB screen so I can see the keyboard key layout.
      I'm stuck with retrieving the key values, I've looked at _IsPressed(), _WinAPI_GetKeyState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardType(), _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText(), but none of them appear to be able to pull the keyboard key values without user interaction.
      The idea being, in pseudo code, bear in mind no error checking etc in this code, "GetKeyValue()" is what I'm needing help with and is a made up function, as is "HardwareKey1" etc:
      $keyOnePrev = "" $numOfKeys = 76 While 1 $keyOneCurrent = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey1) If $keyOneCurrent <> $keyOnePrev Then For $key = 1 To $numOfKeys $keyToWrite = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey & $key) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\myKeyboard", "key" & $key, "REG_SZ", $keyToWrite) Next EndIf $keyOnePrev = $keyOneCurrent Sleep(5000) WEnd Thanks guys!
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      Example of Subclassing listviews using setwindowSubclass in order to intercept WM_KEYUP events
      Also pops context menu on  Shift + F10
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> Global $g_hCB, $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[2][2] ;Stores the Data for subclassing listview Global $g_LVKEYUP = 0xFE00, $g_LVKEYDN = 0xFD00 ;Our Own Custom messages (Key Up/Dn) Global $g_iDummyData Global $g_hGui = GUICreate("test") Global $g_hList1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 24, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList1) Global $g_hList1_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext1 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("1", $g_hContext1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("2", $g_hContext1) Global $g_hList2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 100, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList2) Global $g_hList2_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext2 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("3", $g_hContext2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("4", $g_hContext2) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) SubClassListView() ;Creates our subclass Func SubClassListView() OnAutoItExitRegister("Cleanup") ;to remove our subclass $g_hCB = DllCallbackRegister('_SubclassProc', 'lresult', 'hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam;uint_ptr;dword_ptr') $g_pCB = DllCallbackGetPtr($g_hCB) $g_ahProc[0][0] = $g_hList1 ;Add the Ids of the controls we'd like to subclass $g_ahProc[1][0] = $g_hList2 ;Set up the subclass _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass ( $hWnd, $pSubclassProc, $idSubClass [, $pData = 0] ) $g_ahProc[0][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[0][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[0][0], $g_hList1_LVN) $g_ahProc[1][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[1][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[1][0], $g_hList2_LVN) EndFunc ;==>SubClassListView Func _SubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam, $iID, $pData) #forceref $iID Local $iRtnMsg = 0 ;Events we'd like to intercept If $iMsg = $WM_KEYUP Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYUP Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYUP ElseIf $iMsg = $WM_KEYDOWN Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYDOWN Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYDN EndIf ;We Recieve the Id of the dummy through $pData and pass our RtnMsg to the dummy control If $iRtnMsg Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($pData, BitOR($iRtnMsg, $wParam)) ;Pass messages on to the default handler Return _WinAPI_DefSubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>_SubclassProc Func Cleanup() For $i = 0 To UBound($g_ahProc) - 1 ;Remove Our Subclass' by setting it back to the original proc _WinAPI_RemoveWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[$i][0]), DllCallbackGetPtr($g_ahProc[$i][1]), $g_ahProc[$i][0]) Next DllCallbackFree($g_hCB) EndFunc ;==>Cleanup While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $g_hList1_LVN ;This is just a dummy it only recieves events ConsoleWrite("LV1 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList1_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN If BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF) = 0x79 And (_IsPressed("A0") Or _IsPressed("A1")) Then ;Right/ Left Shift & F10 ShowMenu($g_hGui, $g_hList1, $g_hContext1) Else ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndIf Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch Case $g_hList2_LVN $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList2_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent ConsoleWrite("LV2 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch EndSwitch WEnd Func ShowMenu($hWnd, $idCtrl, $idContext) Local $aPos, $iX, $iY Local $hMenu = GUICtrlGetHandle($idContext) $aPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $idCtrl) $iX = $aPos[0] $iY = $aPos[1] + $aPos[3] ClientToScreen($hWnd, $iX, $iY) ; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd) _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hWnd, $iX, $iY) EndFunc ;==>ShowMenu ; Convert the client (GUI) coordinates to screen (desktop) coordinates Func ClientToScreen($hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY) Local $tPoint = DllStructCreate("int;int") DllStructSetData($tPoint, 1, $iX) DllStructSetData($tPoint, 2, $iY) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "struct*", $tPoint) $iX = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1) $iY = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2) ; release Struct not really needed as it is a local $tPoint = 0 EndFunc ;==>ClientToScreen  
      Old Code Using setWindowLong