Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnOne

Internet Explorer DOM

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm a little confused as to how to get to a method I would like to use.

Below, I have an IWebBrowser2 interface and from it an IHTMLDocument2 interface, after having been attached to a running IE instance.

I thought it was much like _IEAttach and what I would end up with is the same as what is returned from

_IEDocGetObj ($o_object.document) and from it I could access for instance the getElementById method as used in _IEGetObjById ($o_object.document.getElementById).

However that method does not seem to be available, and I'm not sure why.

Hoping someone can advise.

Basically I thought I would have access to the methods listed here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh772117?v=vs.85.aspx

but instead have access to methods such as...

get_activeElement

get_alinkColor

get_all

get_anchors

etc...

I get the interface with code below.

IDispatch * pHtmlDocDisp = nullptr;
HTMLDoc2 * pHtmlDoc2 = nullptr;
pHtmlDocDisp->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument2, (void**)&pHtmlDoc2);

Have I got the wrong object for what I'm after here?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

What is the object type? You can use ObjName

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble