Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

ListView : When click to sort a column, instead sort other column?

Rickname

How can I do to, when I click on on a specific column in a listview control, instead to get clicked/sorted other column. Is this possible ?

I already know how to sort a column when I click on it : after the listview control was created, I add this code : _GUICtrlListView_RegisterSortCallBack(-1)

I know that a gui can wait for a window event to happen, like a click on a control, but how can this be done to look if I clicked on a specific column and if so then, to sort (a clasic sort ) other column instead :sweating: o.O ?

Edited by Rickname

Melba23

Rickname,

I would not use the SortCallBack but use a WM_NOTIFY handler to look for the $LVN_COLUMNCLICK message. Then you can very easily get the column clicked from the $tagNMLISTVIEW struct and action a _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort on the column you wish to sort in its place. :)

If all that sounds like Chinese then look at the _GUICtrlListView_Create example in the Help file and see if that helps. If not, then feel free to come back and ask again. ;)

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Rickname

Oh really helpful thanks alot ! :) and I understood the method its pretty much simple! :) going to apply it right now ! :)

Edited by Rickname

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TimRude
      By TimRude
      The help text for the _ArrayDisplay function says: "Clicking on a column header sort it."
      I'm wondering why the sorting of hex numbers (specifically window handles like 0x12345678) is so wonky.
      Sample script:
      #include <Array.au3> Local $aList = WinList() _ArrayDisplay($aList) Clicking on the Col1 header to sort by window handle doesn't properly sort the list.
      As a workaround, I'm sorting the array by window handle before displaying it using _ArraySort. But I still wonder what's up with the ListView sorting.
      Workaround:
      #include <Array.au3> Local $aList = WinList() _ArraySort($aList, 0, 1, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aList)  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      For fun, I'm building an app that opens a webpage and refreshes it every 30 seconds.
      But once the script performs _IEAction($oIE, "refresh"), the GUI closes.
      Any help is appreciated.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <File.au3>
      #include <Excel.au3>
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <guimenu.au3>
      #include <IE.au3>
      HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit")
      ;Open the file(s) in the selected folder
      $extension = ".txt"
      $app2openWith = @SystemDir & "\notepad.exe"
      Func Begin()
          Global $loopTrick = 0
          #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\mchu\downloads\autoit\my code\form1.kxf
          Global $UI = GUICreate("Hit Em Up!", 256, 113, -1, -1)
          GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
          $menu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetSystemMenu($UI)
          _GUICtrlMenu_EnableMenuItem($menu, $SC_CLOSE, 1, False)
          Global $url = GUICtrlCreateInput("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ", 81, 8, 160, 21)
          $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Target:", 16, 8, 55, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          Global $StartBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 16, 40, 67, 25)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x008000)
          $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("(Press F4 to Exit)", 96, 40, 8000, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
          #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
          While 1
              $UIfunc = GUIGetMsg()
              Select
                  Case $UIfunc = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                      _Exit()
                  Case $UIfunc = $StartBut
                      If GUICtrlRead($url) = "" Then
                          MsgBox(48, "Um...", "Give me a target you idiot.")
                      Else
                          GUICtrlSetState($url, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          GUICtrlSetState($StartBut, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          Start()
                      EndIf
              EndSelect
          WEnd
      EndFunc   ;==>Begin
      Func Start()
          If $loopTrick = 0 Then
              Global $oIE = _IECreate(GUICtrlRead($url))
              _IELoadWait($oIE)
              Again()
          ElseIf $loopTrick = 1 Then
              Sleep(3000)
              _IEAction($oIE, "refresh")
              Sleep(3000)
              Start()
          EndIf
      EndFunc   ;==>Start
      Func Again()
          $loopTrick = 1
          Start()
      EndFunc   ;==>Again
      Func _Exit()
          Exit
      EndFunc   ;==>_Exit
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I am tracking this topic by @LarsJ.  It is very advanced and overkill for what I am currently trying to do.

Problem is this.
      Listview contains columns, one of which is right aligned and gets populated by float values, such as 123.99.  Some do not have decimals ie 124.00 and on sort gets truncated to 124.  Its obviously still the same value, but the display has reset.
      ; line below is for list VIEW ;..................................0.........1......2............ $cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("CUSTOMER|AMOUNT|DESCRIPTION", 8, 152, 764, 279) GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $GUI_BKCOLOR_LV_ALTERNATE) ; alternate between the listview background color and the listview item background color GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $LVStdClr) ; Set the background color for the listview _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 0, 120) ; -- the client name _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 1, 90) ;-- the amount _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($cListView, 1, 1) ; 1 - Text is right aligned _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 2, 200) ; the description What I am looking for is something native and simple like a 
          _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnFormat($cListView, 1, "%.2f") ;  1 - column is stringformatted to "%.2f"
      So that after each sort it will appear as it was in the original rendering.
      Is there something like this? I have not been able to find a simple solution.

Thanks.
      Skysnake
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf