Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

ListView : When click to sort a column, instead sort other column?

Rickname

How can I do to, when I click on on a specific column in a listview control, instead to get clicked/sorted other column. Is this possible ?

I already know how to sort a column when I click on it : after the listview control was created, I add this code : _GUICtrlListView_RegisterSortCallBack(-1)

I know that a gui can wait for a window event to happen, like a click on a control, but how can this be done to look if I clicked on a specific column and if so then, to sort (a clasic sort ) other column instead :sweating: o.O ?

Edited by Rickname

Melba23

Rickname,

I would not use the SortCallBack but use a WM_NOTIFY handler to look for the $LVN_COLUMNCLICK message. Then you can very easily get the column clicked from the $tagNMLISTVIEW struct and action a _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort on the column you wish to sort in its place. :)

If all that sounds like Chinese then look at the _GUICtrlListView_Create example in the Help file and see if that helps. If not, then feel free to come back and ask again. ;)

M23

• Like 1

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______Open Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Rickname

Oh really helpful thanks alot ! :) and I understood the method its pretty much simple! :) going to apply it right now ! :)

Edited by Rickname

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
    • Haselnuzz
      By Haselnuzz
      Hi and Hello from a Noob..:-)
      i have a very weird problem. I fill up a 2d array with a)numbers and b)letters from A-Z, so 2 columns. This works absolutely perfect. But as soon as i try to sort them (numbers ascending) the array ends up in some kind of "String-sortation". What exactly am i doin wrong? To make it easy, i post below the piece of code, which i am talking about. Hope that someone can help me out.
      Func Analyse()
          Local $BasisArray[0]
          Local $aFill = "A" & "|B" & "|C" & "|D" & "|E" & "|F" & "|G" & "|H" & "|I" & "|J" & "|K" & "|L" & "|M" & "|N" & "|O" & "|P" & "|Q" & "|R" & "|S" & "|T" & "|U" & "|V" & "|W" & "|X" & "|Y" & "|Z"
          _ArrayAdd ($BasisArray, $afill)
          Local $FreqArray[0][2]=[[]]

$row = 0

For $i = 0 to 25

$fummel = _ArrayToString ($BasisArray, ":" , $row, $row)
              $readout = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetText ($hRichEdit)
              $anzAs = stringreplace ($readout, $fummel, $fummel)
              $extended = @extended
              $FreqFill = $extended & "|" & $fummel
              _ArrayAdd($FreqArray, $FreqFill)

$row = $row + 1
          Next
          _ArrayDisplay($FreqArray, "2D - Item delimited")
          _ArraySort($FreqArray)
          _ArrayDisplay($FreqArray, "bla")

Thanks for helping me,

Cheers,

Patrick
    • careca
      By careca
      Hi, i have this array of numbers in the form of strings, and i assumed _arraysort would sort them out, but theres no option to do it numerically, so i had to do it another way, seems clumsy, what am i missing here? There's for sure a better way to sort this out numerically right? _arraysort is doing a mess with the numbers, it goes like this: 35,45,50,42,48,54
      #include<Array.au3> Local $ID, $AM Local $FO = Fileopen('mult.txt') Local $FR = FileReadToArray($FO) FileClose($FO) _ArrayDisplay($FR) For $d = 0 To UBound($FR) $AM = _ArrayMin($FR, 1) ConsoleWrite($AM &@CRLF) $ID = _ArraySearch($FR, $AM) _ArrayDelete($FR, $ID) Next So this way i retrieve the lowest number and then delete it from the array, what would you do?
      mult.txt
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      Recently I have had the need to do a sort and then do a second sort while the item of the first sort stays the same ( double sorting , first on column x then while column x is the same sort column y).
      I did not put much efffort into error checking but so far I did not need it.
      For my applications so far it works perfectly however if someone is willing I want to test this extensivly.
      If anyone has big lists of random stuff to sort could you try this out please?
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArraySort_Double ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _ArraySort_Double (Byref $array[, $first_index = Default[, $second_index = Default[, $ascending = Default]]]) ; Parameters ....: $array - 2d array to sort. ; $first_index - [optional] first column to sort. Default is 0. ; $second_index - [optional] second column to sort. Default is 1. ; $ascending - [optional] ascending/descending. Default is 1. ; Return values .: 1 if no errors occured , -1 if errors occured ; Author ........: Ternal ; Remarks .......: Needs excessive testing. ; Related .......: _arraysort() ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySort_Double (byref $array, $first_index = Default, $second_index = Default, $ascending = Default) Local $temp_value Local $counter = 1 If UBound($array, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then MsgBox(0, "error", "error") return -1 EndIf If $first_index = Default Then $first_index = 0 If $second_index = Default Then $second_index = 1 If $ascending = Default Then $ascending = 1 _ArraySort($array, $ascending, 0, 0, $first_index); you can alter settings of primary sort here If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $temp_value = $array[0][$first_index] For $x = 1 to UBound($array, 1) - 1 If Mod( $x, 10000) = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("at " & $x & " of a total : " & UBound($array, 1) & @CRLF) If $array[$x][$first_index] = $temp_value Then $counter+= 1 If $x = UBound($array, 1) - 1 Then; do last line here(if last line is not a new item) _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 34 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf EndIf Else If $counter > 0 Then ;at least 2 of the same _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x - 1, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 29 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $counter = 1 EndIf EndIf $temp_value = $array[$x][$first_index] Next Return 1 EndFunc Kind regards, Ternal