Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

Seems to be impossible to add an icon to a ListView Item !

I am trying to add a specific icon or image to a specific ListView Item . I add the items in the ListView control with this command : _GUICtrlListView_AddItem .

Right now what I only managed to do is to add an icon for ALL the items in the control, BUT, if I try to add an icon to only one item , its just impossible :( Atleast for me >_<

I have tried GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "C:icon.ico") tried with creating _GUIImageList_Create , icons not transparent , 16x16 pixels, tried many other icons, tried with .bmp, .png - nothing worked so far O_O !

Anyone yet managed to do something with this problem so far? :blink::( Thanks :)

Edited by Rickname

How about posting your code, so we can see what you're doing? Otherwise we have to first guess at what you have thus far, and then try to troubleshoot it. ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Nvm, I managed myself :) The problem was that the picture must be either .bmp. either .ico type.

The source code I used :) :

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
_Main()

Func _Main()

GUICreate("ImageList AddBitmap", 400, 300)
    $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Items", 2, 2, 394, 268)
    GUISetState()

; Load images
    $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(32,32)
    _GUIImageList_AddBitmap($hImage, "C:\pic.bmp")
    _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1)

; Add items
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Item 1", 0)

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by Rickname

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DrJohn
      Hello all.  It's me again.
      I've got a ListView with an associated ImageList to display icons.  What I seem to be hung up on is how to keep the ImageList updated to match the ListView as the latter changes.  I thought it was the case that the indices of the items in the ListView and those in the ImageList just needed to match.  So, for example, if I:
      Delete an item from the ListView [_GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem()], and also delete the image at the matching index in the ImageList [_GUIImageList_Remove()]. Then add a new item to the end of the ListView [_GUICtrlListView_AddItem()], and correspondingly add an image at the end of the ImageList [_GUIImageList_AddIcon()] Shouldn't everything stay in sync?
      Here's the code I thought would work:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> Test() func Test() $gui = GUICreate("Test", 400, 300) ; Create ListView $lv = _GUICtrlListView_Create($gui, "", 10, 10, 380, 240, $LVS_DEFAULT) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($lv, "Col1", 50) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($lv, "Col2", 50) for $i = 0 to 2 $s = StringFormat("%d,1", $i+1) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($lv, $s, $i) $s = StringFormat("%d,2", $i+1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($lv, $i, $s, 1) next ; Add ImageList $img_list = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3) for $i = 0 to 2 $ico = StringFormat("%d.ico", $i+1) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($img_list, $ico) next _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($lv, $img_list, 1) ; $btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 10, 260, 60, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) HotKeySet("^q", Quit) ; Loop until the user exits. while True switch GUIGetMsg() case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit case $btn ; Remove 2nd list item and image _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($lv, 1) _GUIImageList_Remove($img_list, 1) ; Add new item to end of ListView $idx = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($lv, "foo") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($lv, $idx, "bar", 1) ; Add new image to end of ImageList _GUIImageList_AddIcon($img_list, "5.ico") endswitch wend GUIDelete() endfunc func Quit() Exit endfunc What seems to happen is that when the new item is added to the ListView, its icon is 1.ico (the first item in the ImageList), rather than 5.ico (the newly added item that should be at the end of the ImageList).
      Or do I need to re-create the whole ImageList any time the ListView changes?
      A zip file is attached that contains the script and also the .ico files, for easier testing.
      Thanks!
      /John
      test.zip
    • By amosrinat
      Hi,
      i have an AutoIT script that sends emails with two embedded images.
      When users get the email they don't see the images. How should I fix my code?
      Thank you for your support,
      Amos
      Func fSendMail() $TemplateName = StringRegExpReplace($Template, "^.*\\|\..*$", "") $SmtpServer = "smtp.**.com" $FromName = "do-not-reply@*********" $FromAddress = "do-not-reply@******" $ToAddress = $MG1_Mgr & ";"& $Owner $Subject = "ACTION REQUIRED - " & $TemplateName $Body = $sBody5 $IPPort = 25 $ssl = 0 Global $oMyRet[2] Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") $rc = fINetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $IPPort, $ssl) If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf EndFunc;fSendMail Func fINetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0) Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 Local $i_Error_desciption = "" $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update $objEmail.Fields.Update ;$objEmail.Send **************** If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf $objEmail = "" EndFunc;fINetSmtpMailCom  
    • By UEZ
      This project has been discontinued!

Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.5 build 2020-07-04 beta.7z  (1509 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ
    • By coronatuss
      Hello everyone,
      Im developing an script to check the size of all .jpg stored in windows folder.
      The problem is that it doesn´t work properly with rotated images. 
      With _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth() and _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()  I get the Width and Height of images as if they had not been rotated, and I need to know how they are rotated (orientation and grades).
      Any help is welcome! If more info is needed, please tell. 😁
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please i've a question for you.
      am creating a audio player
      and in this audio player i want to show the current trac info
      such as the total time and the position ... etc
      i know i can show it as label
      but the screen reader for the blind read the text every change
      because it have a screen scan
      what i want is to show this informations but such image or icon
      i mean i need to create
      GUICtrlCreatepic or GUICtrlCreateicon ....
      or some thing as that
      and show this informations as image on it
      i think that i can do that with the 
      _GDIPlus functions
      but i couldn't find the currect way to do it
      i tried the _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString
      but i couldn't know how it work
      what i need is a small example that create a GUI
      and add a multy line text to it as graphic or image.
      so i need a simple way because it will changed every sec
      i hope any one can help me to do that
      global $GUI = GUICreate("text", 400, 400) global $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel(GetText(), 10, 10, 380, 380) GUISetState() do sleep(100) until GUIGetMSG() = -3 exit func GetText() return StringFormat("file name is test.mp3 \r\n total time is 00:30:00 \r\n position is 00:05:50") endFunc