Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

Seems to be impossible to add an icon to a ListView Item !

Rickname

I am trying to add a specific icon or image to a specific ListView Item . I add the items in the ListView control with this command : _GUICtrlListView_AddItem .

Right now what I only managed to do is to add an icon for ALL the items in the control, BUT, if I try to add an icon to only one item , its just impossible :( Atleast for me >_<

I have tried GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "C:icon.ico") tried with creating _GUIImageList_Create , icons not transparent , 16x16 pixels, tried many other icons, tried with .bmp, .png - nothing worked so far O_O !

Anyone yet managed to do something with this problem so far? :blink::( Thanks :)

Edited by Rickname

JLogan3o13

How about posting your code, so we can see what you're doing? Otherwise we have to first guess at what you have thus far, and then try to troubleshoot it. ;)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Rickname

Nvm, I managed myself :) The problem was that the picture must be either .bmp. either .ico type.

The source code I used :) :

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
_Main()

Func _Main()

GUICreate("ImageList AddBitmap", 400, 300)
    $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Items", 2, 2, 394, 268)
    GUISetState()

; Load images
    $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(32,32)
    _GUIImageList_AddBitmap($hImage, "C:\pic.bmp")
    _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1)

; Add items
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Item 1", 0)

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by Rickname

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• RHolmes
      By RHolmes
      I wrote a script a few months ago that was working at the time. When I tried it today it wouldn't retrieve any controls.  The application successfully launches, but I cannot figure out how to retrieve the control from the window that is launched. I'm on a windows 10 machine using AutoIt v3.3.14.2. The only thing I can think of that has changed is windows updates? Code is below, any help is greatly appreciated.    ; Notes: ; HandleError( handleToCheck, MsgToLogOnFailure, terminateAutoItOnFail ) : function that simply checks the handle and quits AutoIt if not present ; all of this works well FileChangeDir( $CLIENT_APPLICATION_DIR ); Run( "Client.exe" ) Local $hClient = WinWaitActive( $CLIENT_TITLE, "", 10 ) $terminateOnFail = 1 HandleError( $hClient, "LaunchClient::Error: Failed to launch client. Either timed-out or failed.", $terminateOnFail ) LogToFile( "Client launched, waiting for system to ready." ) Sleep( 5000 ) ; this part does not work ; $SYSTEM_INDICATOR is a global variable. I have tried these values: "SystemIndicatorWindow" (Text), "Qt5QWindowIcon101" (ClassNN), and ; "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:101]" Local $hStatusIndicator = ControlGetHandle( $hClient, "", $SYSTEM_INDICATOR ) HandleError( $hStatusIndicator, "CheckStatus::Error: couldn't retrieve control: " & $SYSTEM_INDICATOR, $terminateOnFail ) This is what the spy reveals: 

Edit: I just tried this code and it works for notepad++.
      FileChangeDir( "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\" ); Run( "notepad++.exe" ) Local $hNotePad = WinWaitActive( "new 1 - Notepad++", "", 10 ) If $hNotePad = 0 Or $hNotePad = -1 Then MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error getting app handle." ) EndIf Sleep( 1000 ) Local $hNewFileBtn = ControlGetHandle( $hNotePad, "", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32; INSTANCE:1]" ) If $hNewFileBtn = 0 Or $hNewFileBtn = -1 Then MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error getting button handle." ) EndIf MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Success", "Success." )  
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

Notes:
      Fixes WinGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      MapIt is a tile world editor.  MapIt was built around the concept of reversing Dragon Warrior map images.  MapIt can take image input and produce a tile and world array.
      MapIt features Unity style dragable labels that adjust property values.

MapParser is a C++ project that scans images for unique tiles.  MapParser is very fast.  Due to hard drive failure, many bugs were restored b/c I had to rewind many years.  Frustrated with the design, I wrote a new version from the ground up.  This New Version:  AutoIt Front-end, command line controls, and shared with the world; so that I can't lose it again.
      You can toggle the C++ MapParser off to see the difference in speeds between the MapParser CPP verse AutoIt function.  Function is named Scan_Tiles() in AutoIt.  You can also chose to download without MapParser.exe.
      At the moment Scanning a image resets the arrays, but you can add tiles after scanning.
      Images can be added as tiles without scan image at all.  Then configure settings to give your world parameters and manually fill the world data with tile indexes.
      Using the settings you can change tile size after a scan.  Example: you wanted to replace a map with different sized tiles.
      Changing and replacing tile / world data is easy.  B/c tile world editor.

Hotkeys, I use CTRL+R in image above to signal replace tile action and I use "G" to Get the tile under mouse.
      Hotkeys are not saved to disk and thus are set to default between sessions.
      I might draw the world to pre-rendered surfaces and use them as multi-layer someday.  I do that in my AutoIt, DragonWarrior Remake but I could spend forever unsure what features are important for this.  The DW_Remake has a method of replacing a tile with a tile on two layers.  So you could replace a tree on the first layer with a grass, and a tree in the second layer.  This is all getting very confusing.
      I attempted to write the good code.  If something could be better, please advise.
      Fifth release.  Enjoy.
      For download, videos, and example of created world file data; please visit the MapIt webpage: http://songersoft.com/programming/mapit/mapit_about.phtml
      Special thanks: @AdmiralAlkex, @Melba23, @MrCreatoR
      Main AutoIt source file: Will not run without other Includes and SDL DLLs.
      Last Update: 5/26/2018 3:45 PM EST
      REMOVED CODE BLOCK:  I was informed the this page loaded very slowly, one solution so far has been to remove the 2k lines in the code block.
      When I recieve more feedback from the User I may reduce image size or remove images.
      Next Version Added: $eSETTING_TILE_LAST_PATH I have the weekend, I want to write world layers with aBoard surfaces.  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I have an inquiry and I hope to find the answer here
      I want to create a graphical user interface
      but I want to hide the system menu
      I mean the window menu
      Is this possible?
      If is possible please give me how to do that
      Thanks in advance
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I am tracking this topic by @LarsJ.  It is very advanced and overkill for what I am currently trying to do.

Problem is this.
      Listview contains columns, one of which is right aligned and gets populated by float values, such as 123.99.  Some do not have decimals ie 124.00 and on sort gets truncated to 124.  Its obviously still the same value, but the display has reset.
      ; line below is for list VIEW ;..................................0.........1......2............ $cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("CUSTOMER|AMOUNT|DESCRIPTION", 8, 152, 764, 279) GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $GUI_BKCOLOR_LV_ALTERNATE) ; alternate between the listview background color and the listview item background color GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $LVStdClr) ; Set the background color for the listview _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 0, 120) ; -- the client name _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 1, 90) ;-- the amount _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($cListView, 1, 1) ; 1 - Text is right aligned _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 2, 200) ; the description What I am looking for is something native and simple like a 
          _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnFormat($cListView, 1, "%.2f") ;  1 - column is stringformatted to "%.2f"
      So that after each sort it will appear as it was in the original rendering.
      Is there something like this? I have not been able to find a simple solution.

Thanks.
      Skysnake