xapu

Arduino functions for autoit

xapu

hi!

i made the basic native arduino functions in autoit to control it trougth the serial port.

it could be interesting for too many people

you can find the codes here

in my blog there are some more codes using arduino and autoit too

xapus.blogspot.com

Edited by xapu
  • Like 1

mesale0077

new link please

Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

mrflibblehat

This will come in very useful.

Thank you :)

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Pastebin UDF | Prowl UDF[/font]

wakillon

it return an error message : can't perform this operation on a closed port, port = none, channel number = 1  :mellow:

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

xapu

it return an error message : can't perform this operation on a closed port, port = none, channel number = 1  :mellow:

have you selected the rigth port where your arduino is connected?

mrtweaver

Ok i know this thread is a bit old, 2013 to be exact but am hoping that one can direct me as to what i am doing wrong.

I followed the link above, downloaded the file, put the arduino.au3 and comm files in the include folder of autoit.

I then went and opened the arduino file in the associated software and loaded it onto the arduino.

I opened the first file in autoit, blink, and changed the com port from 3 to 4 since my USB is on 4

Ran the file, nothing happened

the only thing that happened was in the console of autoit i received the number 02

Other than that nothing.

So what step did i miss?

Surya

Try this code (I Use this to communicate with arduino):

unplug all the coms connected to your computer only arduino to it

Upload the sketch to arduino run the Arrduino Serial.au3 and click Connect

if it says connected then type in "motor on" in the first edit box then click send connect a motor to 8th pin of arduino if its rotating voilla!! you have succeded in connecting your board to autoit

Serial communication.zip

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

AndyG

Hi,

Surya, i (and i think mrtweaver too) have no problems to interact with the Arduino-sketch (the sketch! ) via serial connection.

There is a difference to send and read "serial" bytes between Arduino-sketch and AutoIt  and the possibility to read or write digital or analog in/out-Pins from the Arduino via digitalread()/digitalsend()/analogread()/analogsend()-AutoIt-Functions.

I tried to load an "empty" Sketch into Arduino to force it to "do nothing". After that i connected AutoIt (like the communication-Scetch) to Arduino and tried a digitalwrite(10,1) to light the LED (i use this LED mostly for debugging^^ )//EDIT The LED did not light up!

How can i read/write analog/digital pin-states from Arduino with AutoIt "directly"? For sure i could write a sketch which reads the state of an Arduino-port and send this as a string "Hi this is Arduino, Digital Port 4 is ON" to AutoIt. That´s not the problem! I would like to use the AutoIt-function digitalread(4) to receive "ON"

Edited by AndyG

Surya

Hi andyg i understood you,  i have tried out the digitalwrite function provided in arduino. Au3 it dont work for me i think that you should use arduino. Exe's command line parameter to upload an arduino scheme written in autoit i don't think arduino board accepts single command execution (i am not sure)

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

Surya

i think this will do the task:  (CODE UNTESTED)

#include <File.au3>

Func digitalWrite($pin, $com = "COM36",$mode = "LOW",$inst = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arduino","Install_Dir") &"\arduino.exe" );$mode can only be LOW / HIGH
    $file = _TempFile(@TempDir, "~", ".ino")
    FileWrite($file,_SourceCode(9,"digitalWrite"))
    $run = $inst &" --upload --board arduino:avr:pro --port " &$com &" --verbose-upload " &$file
    $exit = RunWait($run,"",@SW_HIDE)
    Return $exit
EndFunc   ;==>DigitalWrite

Func _SourceCode($pin,$do,$state = "HIGH",$out = "OUTPUT")
     $src = "void setup() {" & _
            @CRLF &"pinMode(" &$pin &", " &$out &");" & _
            @CRLF &"}" &@CRLF  & _
            @CRLF &"void loop() {" & _
            @CRLF &$do &"(" &$pin &"," &$state &")" & _
            @CRLF &"}"
            Return $src
EndFunc   ;==>_SourceCode

Edited by Surya

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      ; NetFirewallPolicy2 COM UDF Library for AutoIt3
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5
      ; Description ...: Windows Firewall Policy2 Interface, Provides access to the firewall policy for Windows Vista+
      Including Test Script 
      UDF:
      Test Script:

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      I was Playing around With AutoIt this evening and wondered how hard it would be to get typeinfo like the COM Viewers do only using AutoIt
      Turns out it was pretty easy.
      A Few Notes:
      CAarray info is unfinished I didn't have any objects to test it on so I left it Limited.
      The Object must have IDispatch exposed (ITypeInfo is derivative)
      Its Just a proof of concept Run with it but don't carry scissors
      ITypeInfoCOM.au3
      ITypeInfoTest.au3

Output IWebBrowserApp

Output ObjCreate(MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1)

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
       IGroupPolicyObject interface
      ;;IGroupPolicyObject #RequireAdmin #include-once #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> ; $S_OK #include <WinAPIReg.au3> ;_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle Global Enum $GPO_SECTION_ROOT = 0x0, $GPO_SECTION_USER, $GPO_SECTION_MACHINE Global Enum $GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY = 0x1, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY Global Enum $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_USER = 0x1, $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_MACHINE Global Enum $GPOTypeLocal = 0x0, $GPOTypeRemote, $GPOTypeDS, $GPOTypeLocalUser, $GPOTypeLocalGroup Global Const $sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject = "{EA502722-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject = "{EA502723-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject = _ "New hresult(wstr;wstr;dword);" & _ ; Creates a new GPO in the Active Directory with the specified display name. "OpenDSGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the specified GPO and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenLocalMachineGPO hresult(dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the computer and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenRemoteMachineGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the specified remote computer and optionally loads the registry information. "Save hResult(bool;bool;ptr;ptr);" & _ ; Saves the specified registry policy settings to disk and updates the revision number of the GPO. "Delete hresult();" & _ ; Deletes the GPO. "GetName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the unique name for the GPO. "GetDisplayName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the display name for the GPO. "SetDisplayName hresult(wstr);" & _ ; Sets the display name for the GPO. "GetPath hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the path to the GPO. "GetDSPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the Active Directory path to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetFileSysPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the file system path (UNC format) to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetRegistryKey hresult(dword;handle);" & _ ; Retrieves a handle to the root of the registry key for the specified GPO section. "GetOptions hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves the options for the GPO. "SetOptions hresult(dword;dword);" & _ ; Sets the options for the GPO. "GetType hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves type information for the GPO being edited. "GetMachineName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the computer name of the remote GPO. "GetPropertySheetPages hresult(ptr;uint*);" ; Retrieves the property sheet pages associated with the GPO. Test() Func Test() Local $iResult Local $oIGroupPolicy Local $aGpoType[5] = ["Local", "Remote", "Active Directory", "LocalUser", "LocalGroup"] $oIGroupPolicy = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject, $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject, $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject) While True If Not IsObj($oIGroupPolicy) Then ConsoleWrite("Failed To Retrieve Interface") $iResult = $E_NOINTERFACE ExitLoop Else ConsoleWrite("Success: " & ObjName($oIGroupPolicy, 1) & @CRLF) EndIf Local $sLoc, $sPath, $sName, $iType $tKey = DllStructCreate("handle hKey") $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.OpenLocalMachineGPO(BitOR($GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetDisplayName($sLoc, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetName($sName, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sLoc & " : " & $sName & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetPath($sPath, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite("Type: " & $aGpoType[$iType] & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetRegistryKey($GPO_SECTION_USER, DllStructGetPtr($tKey)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle(DllStructGetData($tKey, "hKey")) & @CRLF) ExitLoop WEnd Return SetError($iResult, 0, ($iResult = $S_OK)) EndFunc ;==>Test Note: Not well tested..
    • Fenzik
      By Fenzik
       Hello all"
      I have curious problem with com object implementation of Sapi 5.1.
      In some cases }Some Voice engines] the metods for retrieve the voice parameters fails with error :Member not exists:.
      But the Retrieved Voice object can speak the given text, so It exists and work.
      Example of this type of Engine can be this one: http://download.kobavision.be/KobaSpeech3/KobaSpeech 3 With Vocalizer Serena - English (Great Britain).exe (can work as demo)
      So my question is> Is there some way to workaround or solve this issue?
      What i tryed:
      1. Typical use of Sapi.spvoice object:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

$spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $voice in $spvoice.getvoices()
        msgbox(0, "Voice", $voice.getdescription())
      next
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
      SetError(1)
      Endfunc

2. Implement workaround based on Nvda Screen reader sapi5 Library at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/synthDrivers/sapi5.py
      Thys code in Pascal should work, so i tryed to reproduce it in Autoit.
      Pascal code just as example:
                   SOTokens:=SpVoice.GetVoices('','');
                   for i:=0 to SOTokens.Count-1 do
                   try
                        SOToken:=SOTokens.Item(I); s:=SOToken.GetDescription(0);
      end
      In Autoit I tryed it like this:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler
        $spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $i = 0 to $spvoice.getvoices.count-1
      $name = $spvoice.getvoices.item($i).getdescription
      msgbox(0,"Voice", $name)
      next
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
      SetError(1)
      Endfunc
      Both of this methods returning same Error ("Member not exists.").
      Thanks a lot for help.
      Znefyg
    • gillesg
      By gillesg
      Hello,

Is there a way to get all the properties and method of a COM object thru Autoit.
      I am looking in a way of display the imbricated structure of object and method.

Example of COm objects are "itunes.application", "Shell.application" and so on.
      The idea is to have a code looking like
      $objtobrowse = objcreate("itunes.application") if isobj($objtobrowse) then $colItems = $objtobrowse.buildinproperty For $objItem In $colItems ConsoleWrite($objItem.<Name> & " - " & $objItem.<Value> & @CRLF) Next EndIf