Code Scanner

RTFC

As long as you properly acknowledge authorship of what you borrow, that's okay. Of course, if you create a commercial product that relies to a more than trivial extent on my work,  then we would need to have a chat... ;)

After dallying with some CodeCrypter/Scanner issues it turns out that the new version 2.2 still contained several of my own debugging lines and comments. :oops: So I'm uploading a clean version that behaves slightly better. If you've already downloaded today (20 Feb), please get the latest version in about 5 minutes. Thanks!

(Updated.)

Edited by RTFC

CodeScanner version 2.3 released.

You'll need this version (or higher) if you wish to to use CodeCrypter's (version 0.9+) new feature of applying encryption to specific UDFs of your choice. The main change is that the MCF (mini-) datadump has been pruned of superfluous outputs, and two additional arrays are written out for CodeCrypter's benefit.

I've also finally killed a zombie-bug that somehow survived two previous extermination attempts. :rambo: From now on, AutoIt functions will be listed in the function treeviews only when you actually want them to be visible. So there.

If you use both CodeScanner and Codecrypter or MCF, then it's probably easier to download the updated bundle (from either the Codecrypter or MCF thread).

Edit: of course. it would help if I included _readCSdatadump.au3 in the new zip... :idiot:

Edited by RTFC

• 3 months later...

Does the 2.3 version work with AutoIt 3.3.12? It seemed to work fine with 3.3.10.2, but as soon as I updated to the newer version, it started barking on line 4015 of the codescanner.au3 file when I ran it. I'm still pretty new to AutoIt, so is there something we should tweak in the .AU3 file?

Thanks!

Hello Lucid,

Thans for notifying me.I have to admit my environment is still limping along with 3.3.8, so I hadn't noticed or  tested this yet.

I'll upgrade in the next few days and sort it out. I doubt whether it is unfixable.

Please stay tuned...

RT

• Moderators

RTFC,

To save you a bit if time, it looks as if it could well be the _Iif function on line #1784 of codescanner.au3 - that function is now deprecated and you need to use a Ternary operator in its place. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba, nice to hear from you again, :)

Many thanks for the update, as I've also discovered to my horror. I was very fond of _Iif, not least because I've been using it in a different language for about twenty years, so my codes tend to be littered with it. I'm really sad to see it go too, so nice and compact (did you ever code in APL? that's even more compact. Also totally illegible half an hour after writing, unfortunately :rolleyes: )

I am currently doing some serious code cleansing on everything I've released so far, and then I'll update my private scripts. All Codescanner/Crypter fans out there, rest assured, I hope to have working versions of all related scripts available for download within a few days. After all, what are holidays for? ;)

On a totally unrelated note, your comments on Listview peculiarities have been really, really helpful to me. A big part of the reason why I never have to ask questions about GUI stuff (which is still fairly alien to me) on these forums is because of your many hints and quick examples. So thanks!

Edited by RTFC

Line4015 returns the error that _iif is an unknow function (as mentioned already) and I get several errors in readCSdatadump.au3: error: missing separator character before keyword (function header).

Tested with version 3.3.12.0.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Moderators

UEZ,

I managed to remove those "missing separator character" messages by running Tidy on the script - it seems that some of the Au3Check changes needed to cope with the new AutoIt syntax mean that the utility is unhappy with no spaces at times. But having looked at how Au3Check does its thing (see here) I can fully understand why jpm (and Jos before him) have had problems getting it to work as well as some people think it should! :wacko:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Version 2.5 released. :party:

Thanks for your support, people! ;)

Well, that was fun (NOT! :( ) Indeed, JohnOne, I did contemplate your suggestion (as well as ternary operators) in my Copy/Paste/Edit despair, while thunderstorms were raging outside like in Take Shelter and, unbeknownst to me at the time, our cellar was also flooding :shocked:, drowning various of my most beloved childhood fluffy friends (I don't think Mr BunnyMan FloppyEars will ever recover, to be honest :rip: ), but that's another sad story.

Some stern words from Melba23 later (re. Array.au3, I stand corrected), however, I did pull myself and CodeScanner together, plus the rest of my ragtag family of walking wounded scripts, without patching in my own _Iif UDF. Even added a space before each ByRef, and fixed a few minor bugs along the way (we aim to please :), even if we're not Tidy ). I decided not to count the number of edits I had to make...

I'm still testing the revitalised brotherhood, but with great change comes great respon... erm, no wait, ...comes great risk of new bugs, so it may take another release or two for all patients to stabilise.

How would NetworkRail have put it? Ah yes: Thank you for your patience during this interruption of normal service; we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. :D

Edited by RTFC

• 2 weeks later...

As many of you will have noticed, the script-breaking changes introduced in AutoIt 3.3.12 (with respect to 3.3.8) can cause scripts written for 3.3.8 (like the original CodeScanner) to fail on 3.3.12 and vice versa. So for people that have downloaded the latest (3.3.12-compliant) versions of the CodeScannerCrypter environment but, for whatever reason, have not yet upgraded to the latest AutoIt release, you can still get the old versions (bundled, and no longer actively maintained, of course) in the MCF thread, post #6. This offer is valid for a limited time only.

Hope it helps,

RT

Edited by RTFC

• 1 year later...

No posts here for quite a while but I have a question and I'll start here. 

Trying to use codescanner but it shows includes from my personal include library as (possible) errors. I haven't been able to find a reference to this in this topic. The library is defined to SciTE and it is in the registry. Codescanner doesn't seem to check the registry for this or provide an ini option for it.

@chrshea: Sorry, missed your post (notifications were apparently switched off).:>

CodeScanner does check registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt\Include for include paths (see top of script under comment "language environment" and the global $AutoItIncludeFolder (directly below that) is filled either from your INI file or a call to _GetAutoItIncludeFolder(). That should provide plenty of opportunity to match a customised au3 environment. However, Codescanner does not check Scite's work environment (as people may be using different editors or development environments). If you have reason to believe that Codescanner is not processing the ini/registry data properly, then please post a tiny reproducer script so I can study what might be amiss.

• 4 months later...

Since the latest release is less than ten days old, I think it would be safe to assume that it's still supported. Questions:

1. Which AutoIt version are you running?

2. Does it also crash on the provided HelloWorld example script?

If the answer to question 2 is yes, then it would seem your work environment is corrupted, and I cannot help you.

If the answer to question 2 is no, then please provide the smallest-possible reproducer script for me to test. That means no GUI unless essential, and nothing that writes to registry or files (unless provided by you as part of the reproducer's test environment).

Edited by RTFC

If the provided, unaltered HelloWorld example script crashes your CodeScanner then it most likely is your environment, as that example input runs flawlessly here. Have you maybe changed $CCkey content definitions in MCFinclude?