I found a security hole in the compiler

even if i will do the trick with NotePad++ ?

but if you're already in notepad++ you can just scroll to the bottom and read, no need for the 'trick'

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Because everyone enjoys doing this.

Try with another application and this one will also have an unexpected behavior.

but there is no way to change this root error massge to something like "my script Error" ?

i tell you the story of a car navigation software i wrote in several languages, and an australian mailed me that the exe failed with an autoit error. i don't remember the exact error anymore, but it was because of a different keyboard layout and the code page, i could have never ever forseen that.

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

i tell you the story of a car navigation software i wrote in several languages, and an australian mailed me that the exe failed with an autoit error. i don't remember the exact error anymore, but it was because of a different keyboard layout and the code page, i could have never ever forseen that.

In addition to what Edano said, I think there is another way to get this root autoit error massage.

Imagine a case that a user downloaded the exe file but the exe file didn't fully downloaded.

in this case i think that this error massage will also show to the user.

Edited by Guest

This thread is a joke.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Then noone here has a clue about what a security hole is.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Then noone here has a clue about what a security hole is.

ok so it is not security hole if you say but it is still can be a problem..

Which problem exactly?

Which problem exactly?

reed for example Edano posts.

But maybe that's not a problem ..

Anyway, i do not really care about it.

Edited by Guest

It's obvious that you (or someone else savvy enough) can detect which language was used as source, which version of which compiler and a large number of pointless such details.

Can this help in reverse-engineering software? Clearly.

What can be done against that? Zilch, nada, nothing useful.

Do you care? You say not at all.

Is this a problem? No.

Is this thread a joke? Yes.

Edited by jchd

Every single compiled AU3 script has this at the end of it "AU3!EA06" (or a minor variation of it depending upon version of the Au2Exe compiler). The only ones that don't have been compressed with UPX, and that's no protection at all.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I read the entire thread and this seems to me this "problem" is on the same level as this:

There is a person who has got a great big lawn and somebody who walks down the street (doesn't even live in the neighborhood) is complaining to anyone who will listen MONTHS LATER about one blade of grass that is not turned the right direction when they look at the lawn in the afternoon on a Tuesday (May 14th) @ exactly 3:42Pm.

:blink:

what i read from the OP means a slightly different story then YogiBear suggests:

a guy walks into a cafe, orders some coffee with brown sugar. the waiter goes away, then suddenly an unfamiliar person is shouting at the guy: "HEY! GET LOST! THERE IS NO BROWN SUGAR!". the guy's girlfriend panics, the guy gets mad and punches the cafe owner in the nose.

now, if the shouting person would wear the cafe waiters uniform, and avoid shouting...

the cafe uniform = the uniform of the place the guy knows he entered = the name of the application the user knows he launched.

the cafe owner who gets punched in the nose = the developer who gets users feedback

none of us wants to be in the cafe owner side; so i second the suggestion to replace "AutoIt" with the application name in such msgbox's.

now, that Oozlum bird is getting really really out of sight...

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

If the error message were to appear to come from user script name, It would be less than accurate.

I have no strong opinions about it really,  but I have not seen a single reason I would consider valid to make such a change.

Also think about this, if autoit interpreter cannot open user script, how exactly would it know the title of it?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

if autoit interpreter cannot open user script, how exactly would it know the title of it?

au3 script has no "title", the intention is to use the exe file name.

I have not seen a single reason I would consider valid to make such a change.

reason 1: so the user knows from which application the error message is coming. if you have several exe's running, then providing the exe name is a good start for troubleshooting. and even more so if you have several compiled AutoIt exe's running.

reason 2: although this is far from being AutoIt fault, or relevant in anyway, and happily in decrease, the name resembles the autoit worm which swarmed the web few years back. you don't want to scare your users, do you?

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff