Disable resolution change?

Nevi

Hi.

I'm a newbie to AutoIt and I couldn't find an answer using search.  :sweating:

Is it possible to disable a certain application from setting desktop resolution ? Or perhaps any application?

Thank you in advance. And sorry for taking your precious time.  :ermm:

Is it possible to disable a certain application from setting desktop resolution ? Or perhaps any application?

I don't think it is possible to do that, other than in a reactionary way, where you monitor the startup of any such program, then revert resolution in response after it has been changed.

I would be cautious though, as any program that requires resolution to be changed, probably needs it.

I'm presuming that the program/s in question don't have an internal option to alter resolution?

Perhaps you just need a monitoring script to restore the original resolution after the program in question quits. This is presuming it doesn't do that very thing itself ... which I know some are guilty of ... and you need that to happen?

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I don't think it is possible to do that, other than in a reactionary way, where you monitor the startup of any such program, then revert resolution in response after it has been changed.

I would be cautious though, as any program that requires resolution to be changed, probably needs it.

I'm presuming that the program/s in question don't have an internal option to alter resolution?

Perhaps you just need a monitoring script to restore the original resolution after the program in question quits. This is presuming it doesn't do that very thing itself ... which I know some are guilty of ... and you need that to happen?

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that already.

The problem is that it is an old program. It tries to set resolution like in a loop.

This results in a funny screen flash. :sweating:  

Perhaps there is a work-around? At least to stop it from checking current resolution?

I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.  :bye:

The workaround would be altering the behaviour of the application via methods which are forbidden to be spoken about here on the forums and are broadly termed as hacking it.

That is not an invitation to PM me, I wouldn't know how anyway.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The workaround would be altering the behaviour of the application via methods which are forbidden to be spoken about here on the forums and are broadly termed as hacking it.

That is not an invitation to PM me, I wouldn't know how anyway.

Ah. Sorry to hear that.

Thank you for the info. 

It would have been great for educational purposes.

If someone wants to help me somehow and doesn't mind please PM me. 

Thanks again for your time.

I presume you are running the program using Windows compatibility mode (shortcut), and setting resolution that way, colors, etc?

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png