Can you make a GUI always on top but not focusable? (Toast like)

CrewXp

Hi. I have tried using WS_DISABLED and even the peventing focus on guicreate, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Is there a way to make a Gui always on top, but not focusable? I want to create an overlay or quick popup that doesn't take away focus from our applications we use. Can you still make it clickable (call a function when clicked, but still dont lose focus on the other application) if you do this?

This will satisfy

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <GuiListBox.au3>
#include <ScrollBarConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Global Const $WS_EX_NOACTIVATE = 0x08000000
GUICreate("", 300, 400, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_NOACTIVATE))
GUISetBkColor(0xC0CCFF)
Global $iExit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 10, 10)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE)

Do
    Switch GUIGetMsg()

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iExit
            ExitLoop

Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
            ConsoleWrite("Mouse Down over GUI" & @CRLF)

EndSwitch
Until 0

Note: with WS_EX_NOACTIVATE there would be no taskbar icon. You have to Or the ex-style with WS_EX_APPWINDOW to make it appear on taskbar. But be aware that clicking the taskbar icon would make the window active

Thumbs up if it helped.

Regards :)

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.