Mak Context Entry Creator

Mak Context Entry Creator is a small autoit compiled tool which allow user to create a executable shortcut at their desktop right click.

The main purpose of this software is to make desktop clean and minimal. Majority of user link their useful shortcuts to their desktop and also at their taskbar. Desktop shortcut looks somewhat dirty so i created an app which let you to be minimal but also without compromising the favorite or useful shortcut.

Mak Context Entry creator adds your favorite or useful software to your right click by creating a registry key. You can add as many shortcut you want but it takes some CPU memory too. So by using this software your desktop remain minimal, hide your desktop shortcut or remove them. Open your shortcut using right click.

How to Use?

The application itself open with administrator privilege. Click on Select Path button and choose your executable path. The first text field display the executable name as it is, so in same cases you have to edit the name. The second text-field display the executable path(don't edit it). After then click Create Context Menu.

You can also use auto-built features, these are Add Registry, Add CP. Also included the Services.msc.

The only drawback of this application is that you can not delete the registry value using this application, but you can use the registry editing tutorial given in the read me file. Also a backup file is also given.

If you like this application please comment and share with your friend. And if you like to help me yo're welcome.

This is my first application here and first GUI application i created.

Mak Context Entry Creator v1.1.7z

Edited by Rishi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz

Hello all
      I have a question please
      this  a question is about the context menu
      When i create a list box  Or combo box
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options is appear normally
      but When i create a List view
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options isn't appear
      But the right mouse button works normally
      I need a solution please because I deal with the screen readers users
      Unfortunately They can not use the mouse to navigate
      So I have to find a solution to activate keyboard shortcuts
      am waiting  for your help
    • cahsobo
      By cahsobo

I need help inserting these keys and values to registry
      Still can't figure out how...
    • nitron
      By nitron
      Hy to all, 
      I am really Sorry to come up with this question but i can't seem to solve the Problem.
      Its quite easy, I have been using RegNumKey for Years, but i seemed to lose track of something.
      For $ZaehlerLocal = 1 to 1200
            $RegKey = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $ZaehlerLocal)
            If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop

if StringInStr($RegKey,"_Office15")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"(German) 2013")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey,".KB")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"Security update")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"Framework")==0 Then
      Ive been using this to get all uninstall Strings from the Registry but for some reason, this doesn't work anymore. 
      I get some keys but not all, nore does it start with the first registry.
      As you can see in the picture, the Registry starts with {13DA9C7C-EBFB-40D0-94A1-55B42883DF21}
      but RegNumKey starts with Adressbook.
      Any Ideas what I am doing wrong? I tried HKLM64 instead as well, but with same result.
      Again sorry to bother, but i can't Find the mistake.

• Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings forum,
      Hi develop this script, to use context menu with listview.
      It's work fine, run and click with left or right mouse button, you see on Console the id from item.
      If you click none, the id is -1, like this:
      $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[2] $NM_RCLICK[1] $NM_RCLICK[0] $NM_RCLICK[1] That is correct.
      But if you uncoment the line:
      You have to click with left button (over item or none) and after click with right button.
      LeftButton is to update $HOSTS_INDEX.
      RightButton is to open ContextMenu.
      Exist another way to update $HOSTS_INDEX?
      Call WM_NOTIFY every time WM_CONTEXTMENU is called?
      I ask this, becouse i cant understanding why $HOSTS_INDEX is not updated when WM_CONTEXTMENU is uncomented.
      Someone can explain or help me?
      Best regards.
      ;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;~ #Tidy_Parameters=/sf #include-once #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("OnExit") Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global Enum $eCREATE = 1000, $eUPDATE, $eDELETE, $eICON_TABLE, $eDEFAULT, $eEXPORT_HTML Global Const $EMPTY = -1 Global $HOSTS_INDEX = -1 Global $HOST_Host Global $aGuiSize[2] = [800, 600] Global $sGuiTitle = "GuiTitle" Global $hGui Global $iList, $hList $hGui = GUICreate($sGuiTitle, $aGuiSize[0], $aGuiSize[1]) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Quit") $iList = GUICtrlCreateListView("nome", 20, 50, 240, 490) $hList = GUICtrlGetHandle($iList) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hList, 0, 236) Populate() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU") While Sleep(25) WEnd Func OnExit() GUISetState($hGui, @SW_HIDE) GUIDelete($hGui) EndFunc ;==>OnExit Func Quit() Exit EndFunc ;==>Quit Func Populate() Local $arr[4] = [3, "nome 1", "nome 2", "nome 3"] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hList) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hList) For $ii = 1 To $arr[0] _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hList, $arr[$ii]) Next _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hList, 0, True, True) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hList) EndFunc ;==>Populate Func WM_CONTEXTMENU($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU..( $hWnd=" & $hWnd & ", $iMsg=" & $iMsg & ", $wParam=" & $wParam & ", $lParam=" & $lParam & " )" & @LF) Local $exec = 0 Local $hMenu Switch $wParam Case $hList Local $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Local $aOrigin = _GUICtrlListView_GetOrigin($hList) ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU $HOSTS_INDEX[" & $HOSTS_INDEX & "] $aOrigin[" & _GUICtrlListView_GetOriginX($iList) & "]" & @LF) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup() If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Then _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Add", $eCREATE) Else _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Rename", $eUPDATE) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Del", $eDELETE) EndIf _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hGui, $hMenu) $exec = _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2, 1) _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu) EndSwitch Return True EndFunc ;==>WM_CONTEXTMENU Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Local $TRY_ID Switch $hWndFrom Case $hList $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Switch $iCode Case $NM_CLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_CLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Or $HOST_Host Then ;~ HOSTS_Clear() ;~ HOSTS_ListView_ItemCancel() ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_DISABLE) Else Local $name = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hList, $HOSTS_INDEX) ;~ HOSTS_FieldLoad($name) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_ENABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Return 0 ; allow the default processing Case $NM_RCLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_RCLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) Return 0 ; allow the default processing EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY  
    • satanico64
      By satanico64
      hi guys, how are you ??  fine? good...
      Here is a little question: is it possible to know whish shortcut has been used to launch my autoit app ?
      i'm quite sure that there's nothing to do with autoit, but mostly windows ...
      My context: i have an app accessed from the network by my user.
      In my app i use FileCreateShortcut to point to \\myfileserver\myapp.exe
      Soon, in october, they are going to change my fileserver, so my app will be on \myNEWfileserver\myapp.exe
      So in my code, i just rewrite my shortcut on the desktop's user. Everything works fine.
      BUT..some users have several shortcut for my app (they just manually create another shortcut which i don't know the name).
      So maybe they don't use my shortcut but their own ...
      => i know I could list all file on desktop, and for all the .lnk i check if destination is myapp.exe and modify the path but do you see another way ?
      have fun !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.