UAC is embarrassing me

EKY32

Go to solution Solved by EKY32,

Hey there, in short, I made a deep search in the forum seeking for a way to avoid UAC quesion to run my script.

My program runs on Widnows (7) startup so UAC always welcomes with a question whether to run it or not.

I don't think it's simple to avoid that but please can I know why this alert appears? is it an AutoIt related issue or it's generaly a security issue?

Edited by EKY32

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

billo :ermm:  thank you, I don't want to force the user to disable it manually! I'm looking fora a ways to make an exception for my program.

Edited by EKY32

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

Wasn't sure...it sounded like you were dealing with your own PC.

I'll keep my eyes open for it though...

good luck

It's OK thank you, it's a tool that I share with users but UAC makes it annoying so much. >_<

Um...

I just turned my UAC all the way up to see what you mean.  Win7 SP1

I tried a bunch of my scripts and other "questionable" exe's that I have and couldn't get it to pop up...

Maybe it is your code?...

There's no way to make an exception for your program specifically as far as I know, but there is a way to disable it automatically, via the registry, which you can find easily with google.

Just wondering, what is your script doing that requires administrative access? The UAC window shouldn't pop up unless you use #requireadmin in your script, or choose to require it during compiling. If you program just searches files, and doesn't write to them, it shouldn't require admin access.

Um...

I just turned my UAC all the way up to see what you mean.  Win7 SP1

I tried a bunch of my scripts and other "questionable" exe's that I have and couldn't get it to pop up...

Maybe it is your code?...

Well, thanks for help, but my script is not harmful or somthing like that to get UAC's attention.

There's no way to make an exception for your program specifically as far as I know, but there is a way to disable it automatically, via the registry, which you can find easily with google.

Just wondering, what is your script doing that requires administrative access? The UAC window shouldn't pop up unless you use #requireadmin in your script, or choose to require it during compiling. If you program just searches files, and doesn't write to them, it shouldn't require admin access.

Opps :ermm:

I think dsabling it requires rebooting even with regedit, Yes my program requires administrative access, so that's the peoblem I think, i'll try to fix that.

very thankful.

Edited by EKY32

Yes it is.

No it isn't Mr.John :thumbsup:

I thought requiring admin rights is necessary to the queries of "winmgmts" obj.

Edited by EKY32

• Solution

:)

I meant it is getting attention from UAC.

As far as I know, anything that requires admin privilege will attract UAC, even if user is admin.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding :*

I'll try to avoid using #RequireAdmin.

Thank you all.