Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wombat

ControlGetText help please

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Alright, so I'm trying to read the text of some controls in a non-autoit window...

This window uses a specific class for its controls... one that changes depending on the OS of the machine and a few other factors apparently.

The class is as follows:

WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.2bf8098_r13_ad1

The item in the class that changes is in red:

WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.2bf8098_r13_ad1

Is there a way to ignore this number, use a wildcard, regexp or anything?? I'm nearing completeion of my software and my deadline and this little beast comes at me out of now where.... I need to be able to use thie class no matter the value of the r number

any ideas?

(and please do post because due to my recent habit of posting and then answering my own posts, I waited and waited attempting everything i could think of and find to try without any luck)

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

So REGEXPCLASS is what i need... now I've just gotta buckle down and learn it

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...