Sign in to follow this  
RichE

Windows Shutdown

RichE

If your like me and you have shown people windows 8 & 8.1 only to be asked "So how do you shut it down..?", I got sick of telling (and trying to get them to move the cursor to the bottom right corning, click the cog, then power and then shutdown, so i wrote a simple little app that can sit on the desktop and/or the win8 tiles menu, and it just gives a similar shutdown box to the like of WinXP, with a combo of options.

Screenshots

windows-shutdown.jpg

windows-shutdown2.jpg

Anyway I'd thought I'd share it with everyone 

http://www.sellostring.com/gs/index.php?id=windows-shutdown-with-options

regards

Rich

Edited by RichE

RichE

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]Current projects[/font]

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]are on my site [/font]Sellostring

Melba23

RichE,

Post a link by all means. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

RichE

I recompiled the inno setup container, as I forgot to include the image file... DOH!

RichE

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]Current projects[/font]

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]are on my site [/font]Sellostring

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Iznogoud
      By Iznogoud
      Hi,
      Does anyone knows why this command doesn't work?
      Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R ""1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01"" || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation)", "", "") This is the command in commandline:
      devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R "1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01" && (echo USB Device is connected) || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation) This works, but i want to convert this to AutoIT, but it doesn't work.

In short what i am trying to accomplish is that a script checks every 1 sec. if there is an USB device plugged in and if not ( so it is removed ) it will lock Windows OS.
      Can someone help me with this?
    • VITSUSA
      By VITSUSA
      I am using window XP in my desktop, so I want to convert basic disk to a dynamic disk, so how it is possible?
    • XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      Hi,
      I'm currently saving process time stamps of my employer's other employees and saving it in a text document as data storage. However, my employer wants it to be processed in a day to day basis to generate their average process time per day. How can I compare today from yesterday and so on and so forth with the succeeding days? Whats the best approach to this?
      Thank you.
      ~XN~
    • mdwerne
      By mdwerne
      Hello,
      I'm working on a script that writes detailed application event logs, and I'd like to know if there is a way with Autoit to write multiple lines of XML EventData (see example below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike</Data> <Data>Observer Username: Miguel</Data> etc... </EventData> </Event> So far, using EventCreate, everything I send end's up in a single <data> entry (see below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike Observer Username: Miguel</Data> </EventData> </Event> Here is the code I'm using thus far (which does not work the way I'd like):
      $LogData = @CRLF & "DeskTop Agent: " & @UserName & @CRLF & "Observer Username: " & $DTObserver & @CRLF & "File name/s with extension: " & $FilenameWextension & @CRLF & "Action Performed: " & $ActionPerformed & @CRLF & "Explanation: " & $Explanation & @CRLF & "Machine Name: " & @ComputerName & @CRLF & "IP Address: " & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF & "App1Installed: " & $App1 & @CRLF & "App2Installed: " & $App2 Run("eventcreate /T Information /ID 100 /L Application /SO DTALog /D " & Chr(34) & "DTALog Details: " & $LogData & Chr(34), "", @SW_HIDE, 2) I found a Stackoverflow post that talks about doing it in C# (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7694276/how-to-add-multiple-lines-of-eventdata-to-an-eventlog-in-windows)
      but I'd like to determine if it can be accomplished with AutoIt!.
      Thanks for your time,
      -Mike
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      i am working on a application where if the flashing is success i get a window saying "SUCCESS" and if the flashing failed a window saying "FAILED" and i have to automatically identify pass or fail.the problem is both the windows are having the same control ID. how can i differentiate between both windows? so that i can make use of that in script for automation///

Thanks