Sign in to follow this  
makolosz

Run script only if windows is not minimized

makolosz

I wanted to change my current script that is running when the pc is idle to the state when a certain window is not minmized. It might be also not in tray, but not active/not active state.

Current script:

#include <Timers.au3> global $i = 0 While $i < 1 sleep(8000) $idletime = _Timer_GetIdleTime()    If $idletime > 7000 Then    MsgBox(0, "idle time", $idletime)    $i = $i + 1    Else    Exit WEnd

How can I make such an if?

DatMCEyeBall

You need to change your current script by adding line breaks. 

#include <Timers.au3>
Global $i = 0

While $i < 1
    sleep(8000)
    $idletime = _Timer_GetIdleTime()
    If $idletime > 7000 Then
        MsgBox(0, "idle time", $idletime)
        $i = $i + 1
    Else
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

And a "EndIf".

Though I don't know what it does.

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

jdelaney

simple example, assumes no notepad is open, prior to run:

Run("Notepad.exe")
AdlibRegister("PauseIfMinimized")

While True
    ConsoleWrite("Notepad is not minimized!" & WinGetState("[CLASS:Notepad]") & @CRLF)
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func PauseIfMinimized()
    While BitAND(WinGetState("[CLASS:Notepad]"),16)
        ConsoleWrite("Notepad is minimized!" & @CRLF)
        Sleep(500)
    WEnd
EndFunc

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

makolosz

Ok, I guess it's all about using function WinGetState(). But it's not notepad in my case - how should I use it? I try full name, partial or class of that window and I get 0 for $state = WinGetState("$windowname", ""), and sometimes I get 23 or 7, which I do not understand - these are not even in the manual:

1 = Window exists
    2 = Window is visible
    4 = Window is enabled
    8 = Window is active
    16 = Window is minimized
    32 = Window is maximized

Failure:     Returns 0 and sets @error to 1 if the window is not found.

DatMCEyeBall

If BitAND(WinGetState("[CLASS:Notepad]"), 16) Then
    ; Do stuff if notepad is minimized.
EndIf

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

makolosz

Sorry but I do not understand. In my case it's some app window that I want to check for being minimized. As I run a check for that variable I never get 16 most of the time 7.

makolosz

I tried even with windows calculator and entered Kalkulator or Calcframe, what could code 7 stand for?

BrewManNH

When you get 23, it's telling you that the window is minimized, window is visible and and the window exists. 16 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 27. When you get 7 it's telling you that the window is enabled, visible and it exists. 4 + 2 + 1 = 7. It's simple math. 

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

DatMCEyeBall

And you use BitAND to determine if a certain flag is true.

BitAND($iRetFromWinGetState, $iFlag)

@tabhooked