Sign in to follow this  
Servant

Is creating a GUI program with AutoIt quite the same as developing it in C++?

Servant

I think there's only a little difference when you create a GUI program with AutoIt from developing a GUI program by writing it in C++, mostly, if you're including cURL in your project..

Because sometimes, I feel that I can write my AutoIt script in C++ programming language.

But of course, using AutoIt language is much easier (artificially)..

• Any thoughts (in detail) about it?
  • And about their differences?
Edited by Servant

Richard Robertson

C++ requires a lot more work to set up a basic UI. You have to create your window class, register it, create a window with this new class, and listen to the window messages. These messages range anywhere from mouse and keyboard to invisible events caused by the OS.

AutoIt hides pretty much all of the difficult parts.

cageman

For C++ i would recommend looking at the QT framework, which gives a lot of options.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Sven-Seyfert
      By Sven-Seyfert
      Hi Community,

I use a UDF by @smashly to play a video in a GUI. That works fine for my main monitor.
      But when I change the X and Y positions of the GUI (also for the video) to my second or third monitor, the video plays, I can hear the sound of it, but I don't see the video.

I debugged the UDF and checked the Microsoft description for MCI Command Strings which are used in the UDF (docs.microsoft...) - everything is fine, so I got no clue why the video isn't displayed.

PlayVideoTest.au3:

VideoInGui_by_Smashky.au3 (UDF):

The example video:

It would be great when anyone can help .
      Is there maybe a other way to play (display videos in GUI)?

Thanks for any suggestion - I'm grateful!
      Sven
    • simonc8
      By simonc8
      I have a script which executes sleep for a couple of hours then carries out instructions. Does the running AutoIt script prevent the computer from entering sleep mode during this time? If not, is there something I can add to the AutoIt script to keep the computer awake?
      Grateful for advice.
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      Hi,
      I have a program that is read data from the .txt file, since the .txt file is only readable, viewable and editable for the admin user.
      But how could I lock it with password, or some other technique that can helps to achieve this?
      Thanks for the advanced information.
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      Hi,
      How can I the trigger the another button functions without waiting the previous function to finish execute?
      Any advise?
      I couldn't find any relevant topics via google.
      Thanks a lot.
    • SharpDressedMan
      By SharpDressedMan
      Hi all,
      I need to use ControlMove() on some controls of a hidden GUI window.
      This works properly on a GUI window created with default style, but does not work on a GUI window created with style $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW
      func GUItest($bOverlapped) $m = GUICreate("test", 200, 100, -1, -1, $bOverlapped ? $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW : -1) $g = GUICtrlCreateButton("test", 0, 0) ControlMove($m, "", $g, 30, 30) GUISetState() endfunc GuiTest(false) ; button 'test' properly moved to (30,30) GuiTest(true) ; button 'test' not moved and still sitting at (0,0) Any reason for this unexpected behavior ?
      Any workaround to fix this ?
      Thanks for any help