Sign in to follow this  

Can I Resize ListView's Items ?

This have nothing to do with GUI resizing ( when to resize the GUI, to resize the listview also ), instead I want to resize the items from the listview control, to appear much larger, much thicker ( also the text within them to be larger ).

Is this possible ?

Edited by Rickname

If you have a native created ListView you can use GUICtrlSetFont to change the font for the items and header. I do not know how to change the font in a UDF-created ListView - I will have a search around and see what I can find. :)

I should have guessed that rover would know how to do it - run the example in this post. :D

Edited by Melba23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I just tested this in one of my listviews and all the items were updated:

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($sBlistView, $FileList_A[$i] & @LF)
        GUICtrlSetFont($sBlistView, 12, 600)

Is that what you wanted?

or do yow want a dynamic size change after LV is populated that works like CTRL + in a browser?

edit: spelling

Edited by l3ill
  • Like 1

Oh Great !! The GUICtrlSetFont WORKED !  Thankyou so much !

@l3ill, yes I was thinking about that also, but I will just put a slider that will call the SetFont function everytime Ill move it ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz

Hello all
      I have a question please
      this  a question is about the context menu
      When i create a list box  Or combo box
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options is appear normally
      but When i create a List view
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options isn't appear
      But the right mouse button works normally
      I need a solution please because I deal with the screen readers users
      Unfortunately They can not use the mouse to navigate
      So I have to find a solution to activate keyboard shortcuts
      am waiting  for your help
    • Ascer
      By Ascer
      Do you have any idea to resize Vector graphic using some maths trick?
      It's example to create Vector image 10x10px and write A
      Local $a10x10 = [ _ 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, _ 1,1,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1, _ 1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,1, _ 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 _ ] Local $oVector = ObjCreate("WIA.Vector.1") If Not IsObj($oVector) Then ConsoleWrite("+++ Error " & @error & " durning create a Vector.object." & @CRLF) Exit EndIf Local $iBlue = 0xFF0000FF ; ARGB color Local $iWhite = 0xFFFFFFFF ; adding pixels to vector For $i = 0 To UBound($a10x10) - 1 Local $iPixel = $a10x10[$i] Local $iColor = $iBlue If $iPixel = 0 Then $iColor = $iWhite $oVector.Add($iColor) Next ; create a img 10x10 px Local $oImg = $oVector.ImageFile(10, 10) ; path to file Local $sPath = @ScriptDir & "\Vector.bmp" ; delete previous file if exits. FileDelete($sPath) ; save img to script direction. $oImg.SaveFile($sPath) ; show result, you have to use 800% size to see effects. ShellExecute("Vector.bmp")  
    • Anas
      By Anas

Is it possible to set a different text direction/layout (not alignment) for a Listview column?
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dears
      how are you? I hope You fine
      I have a question please
      I've created a listView
      It has several columns
      Is there any way  to search for text in an element of this list with text in all columns
      for example
      list view with 2 column
      the first is the file name and the second is the file path
      and i want to search for the item witch Containt the name and the path toGether
      I searched a lot but could not find what I was looking for
      If you do not understand the idea that I'm looking for, I can put an example
      Thanks in advance
    • Jibsbrown
      By Jibsbrown
      So trying to get an INI section in a listView with checkboxes. Was able to get the the section values to show until i add the checkboxes and now only the keys are show up. Between reading the Help file, Forum Topic and trying other code option. I have been unable to answer this problem. I'm assuming its something very basic I'm overlooking since this it's day 21 of learning Autoit.
      If someone could please advise I would appreciate the assistance.
      Here's the code: 
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> Global $sIniPath = "installLog.ini" ;ConsoleWrite($sIniPath) $iniSctionNames = IniReadSectionNames($sIniPath) ;_ArrayDisplay($iniSctionNames, "$iniSctionNames") $keys2 = IniReadSection($sIniPath, $iniSctionNames[2]) _ArrayDisplay($keys2 , "$keys2") ; Create GUI $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 250) ; Create ListView $cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, 200, 200,$LVS_List,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cLV, $keys2, 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cLV, $keys2, 100) ;_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($cLV, $keys2, 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($cLV, $keys2) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd And the INI file I'm using. 
      [OldSysInfo] 4=|DESKTOP-RDIU2SN|R90M05Q8 5=|SD0123456789101|R9WGP9P 6=|SD0123456789102|R9WGP9PT 3=|DESKTOP-3RS4LKL|R9WGP9P 23=|SD0123456789102|MXL1234P5I [PrinterIp] 50= 48= 47= [NewSysInfo] newPC = SD0123456789adfs||2UA1234FTR Also if possible could you explain how to hide the Array count row as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.