Sign in to follow this  
guestscripter

SciTE indentation settings - how to make it indent within #Region..#EndRegion

guestscripter

I have been making an effort to keep my scripts as readable as I can, especially since it became clear to me how it otherwise becomes very tricky to maintain a longer script, and extensive use of Regions has been a bigger part of that.

SciTE4Autoit3 is great at highlighting different parts of code and so on, and I make heavy usage of the "Tidy" function, which saves a lot of time when it comes to Indentation inside Functions and (also nested) If...EndIf, While...Wend and similar statements.

What it seems not intended to do (by default?), is to also apply Indentation within #Region...#EndRegion markings - which is what I would like it to do now.

Whenever I do this myself, and then "Tidy" my code, this is undone.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere, or a workaround? I´ve only found the "Options"-->"Change Indentation Settings" Menu where Tab Size and Indent Size can be set...

Edited by guestscripter

BrewManNH

Are you sure you want to indent within Region statements, as that would indent everything in between them. I would think it would make the code harder to read rather than neater. 

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

jaberwacky

::Shameless Plug::

If you download SciTE Customization GUI found in my signature then you'll have all of the Tidy options that I know about available in one easy to use GUI.

I do agree with water, but you should try it for yourself before you make a judgement call.

• Like 1

Melba23

guestscripter,

Add region_indent=1 to your Tidy.ini or add the /Region_Indent (or /ri) parameter to a #Tidy_Parameters directive in the script. I use it all the time. :)

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered to completely rewrite the SciTE4Autoit3 Help file last year - you can find all this via the <Help - SciTE Help - Extra Utilities - Tidy> menu option. :whistle:

M23

• Like 2

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Jos

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered to completely rewrite the SciTE4Autoit3 Help file last year - you can find all this via the <Help - SciTE Help - Extra Utilities - Tidy> menu option. :whistle:

I know the feeling :)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I was trying to insert function header to the functions of my script, but, in the SciTE console, this appears:
      Function or struct definition not found, unable to insert header. @Jos Any suggestion?
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
    • cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi I am not sure how to call it properly, but for those of you who use SciTE, when you typing built in function and about to pass parameters to it you can see popup with all the ones which can be passed.
      Question: how to create something like that for my own functions?

Thanks
    • therks
      By therks
      Does SciTE have string or number ids for the recent file menu items?
      I was hoping to add shortcuts (using the user.shortcuts properties) to the most recent item, but the documentation doesn't list any id's for those items (unless I overlooked?).
      Also, did anyone else notice that the index listing for the SciTE doc doesn't work properly?
      It appears it's linking to this: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Scite4AutoIt3.chm::/SciTEDocumentation.html
      When it should be this? mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Scite4AutoIt3.chm::/Scitedoc/SciTEDoc.html
    • BrewManNH
      By BrewManNH
      I was looking for a toolbar modification for SciTE and I was checking various versions of SciTE that were available on the internet. They all had some problems for how I wanted to use the editor, so I looked here to see if there were any toolbar modifications for Scite. I found one very old script by YogiBear (Volly) from 2006 that looked promising, though there were issues with it. I decided to see what I could do to modify this script, and make some improvements to it if possible. This script is the result of that work.

It's not perfect and definitely could use some tweaking, but I thought that it had matured enough, and was mostly stable enough to release the updated version.

Changelog:
      Version 2.0.1
      Minor update to remove all the old Obfuscator directives and replaced them with #Au3Stripper directives instead. I also corrected a minor bug that only showed up for me on one computer I tried this on, and caused the tool bar to crash for others as well.
      SciTE toolbar version 2.0
      Changed the settings values to use constants instead of 'magic numbers' The icons on the toolbar weren't lining up with the separator characters or with the toolbar GUI because they weren't set with the resize setting for the icons, only for the separators. Changed to using arrays for everything, it makes it a lot easier to loop through the controls Added a line to use an alternate path to the SciTE program, so you can start it using, for example, the portable version instead of installed version for those that don't install AutoIt and/or SciTE4AutoIt3. It will accept a commmand line parameter that points to the SciTE executable. Removed a lot of Global variables by moving the GUI creation and monitoring to the Main function and passing variables from it. I embedded the icon files into the script so that there isn't a separate download of the icon files used here. Saves download time and makes the package smaller. Modification of tools is easier because the icon names, tooltip text, and SciTE command codes are saved in the INI file upon first start up. These can be modified after the script has been run once, even after it's been compiled, by changing the ini file information, you can modify this script to automate it, or you can change it manually in any text editor. The icon files are now using, in just my opinion, better looking icons, after all it's been 7 years and icon files have matured. I have included a file with all of the constants that SciTE uses for its menu commands which comes from the SciTE source file "scite.h", so you can use this file to help you modify the commands that the toolbar works with, by figuring out what each of these values represent in SciTE. The core of the script is pretty much the same, I've just fixed a couple of issues that it had, tweaked a few things, added some new functionality and "prettied" it up a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions as to improvements, bugs/bugfixes, etc. please let me know.

scitetoolbar.zip
    • Aguilucho
      By Aguilucho
      Greetings to the AutoIt community.
      I hope that nobody considers my question insulting but I searched 'SciTEConfig.exe' and I did not find it anywhere;
      although it is mentioned, it seems like a myth, I can not see if it exists.
      On the other hand, I have downloaded the compressed archive (from ... autoit-script-editor/downloads) 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip'
      Does not contain any .exe either but does have a 'SciteConfig.au3' which, I suppose, has replaced the .exe because on the internet I only find it as malware.
      My problem is: My applications to unzip .zip archives, they can see what files SciTEConfig_Source.zip have but they can not unzip it: 'Unknown method' says WinRar.
          I have downloaded it again, in case it had been damaged but the result is always the same.

My question is: Is the archive 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip' damaged or does it have any other method of compression?
      I need it to learn how to configure SciTE (lite).
      Thankful to the developers of AutoIt and to the community.
      Regards