Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MAS

Send {Ctrl} key when keyboard layout is not English

8 posts in this topic

Hello all 

I'm trying to send keys to a program and it works well, but if I changed the keyboard layout to language other than English

it fails

ex:

Run("Notepad.exe")
$hWnd = WinWait("Untitled - Notepad2")
WinActivate($hWnd)
ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", "^s")

this works and opens the save as dialogue if I'm using English keyboard only not Arabic keyboard for example

I've tried using in send command

{CTRL} , {LCTRL} , {RCTRL}

but didn't work

so how I automatically change keyboard if it's not English and then send the keys

or what I should do

Thanks

Have you tried _WINAPI_Keybd_Event? Something like this (untested):

#include <WinAPISys.au3>

_WinAPI_Keybd_Event ( 0x11, $KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY)
_WinAPI_Keybd_Event ( 0x11, $KEYEVENTF_KEYUP)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

JLogan3o13 thanks for reply

but no only sends the key s to the text editor area

Hi,

Your issue may be related to >this one.

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

ok thank's FireFox it's related but how I could detect if using English or not without pressing a hotkey

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

is there anyway to change the current using language after I get it from @KBLayout

Edited by MAS

_WINAPI_SetKeyboardLayout - the help file is your friend.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

yes  _WINAPI_SetKeyboardLayout  is exactly what I want

thanks JLogan3o13  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      Anyone know how to access the information circled in the photo?

• AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Dear developers and creators of the language, please explain to me why when pressing the combination Crtl + Shift + C from the 5th or the 10th time "sticks / sinks" Ctrl or Shift? And then you need to press Ctrl or Shift again to reset their triggering. I only need to use hot keys like in the example!
      The code is a small example. Its essence is that when a user in the editor selects any number and presses a combination, then it increases by 1. 
      Dim $x HotKeySet("+^c","Calc") While 1 Sleep(10000) WEnd Func Calc() Send("^c") Sleep(50) $x=ClipGet()+1 ClipPut($x) Send("^v") EndFunc I thought that in my program some kind of glitch was searching for a reason for a long time. And it turned out that apparently somehow the work of some functions used in the example is not compatible. 
      Tell me, please, what is the problem?
    • Tarakesh
      By Tarakesh
      I have a situation where the desktop is designed in java swings. The nodes JTree is not allowing me to do checkbox selection using "spacebar". I am able to navigate through the nodes using up, down arrow and a tab. When I reach to the desire node selection, mouse left click is not working due a flaw a JTree core. However since it is selected, if mouse cursor auto moved to the position of the selection and send a "click"  then it should be solved. Any ideas much appreciated. 
      the problem with having fixed coordinates are the main windows is divided to 2panels where right panel containing this JTree can be expanded or shrink-ed.

• ur
      By ur
      If you observe in below code.
      Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=$time_out) Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text) $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) if not ($dHandle = 0) then If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) Else Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...") Exit EndIf EndFunc WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad") $p = "Notallowed1!!" Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}"& $p &"{ENTER}create{SPACE}database{SPACE}"& $p &";{ENTER}") In the notepad if you observe, ! is missing in the text got.

Is there way to get that also printed.
    • myspacee
      By myspacee
      Hello,
      need help to remap '<' button and SHIFT+'<'
      I made a little editor that allows to my users to write using proprietary codes.
      In production we have 2 keys/symbols that i want to 'emulate'. So, when is press on my keyboard :
      < = « SHIFT+< = » Try to use help example _IsPressed :

#include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") While 1 If _IsPressed("10", $hDLL) Then ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - Shift Key was pressed." & @CRLF) ; Wait until key is released. While _IsPressed("10", $hDLL) Sleep(250) WEnd ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - Shift Key was released." & @CRLF) ElseIf _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "_IsPressed", "Close the application.") ExitLoop EndIf Sleep(250) WEnd DllClose($hDLL) but how manage keys combination ?
      thank you for any help,
      m.