C++ static library

JohnOne

VS 2010 

I made a static library, compiled it in release mode, added it to the folder of a project I want to use it in along with the header file.

It all works well in project release mode, but fails in debug mode, unless I replace release.lib with the debug.lib.

How do you deal with this, I don't get it, what if I don't have access to debug.lib?

First time I've tried to use a static library so please excuse my noobiness.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well I'm having different issues now and these errors from vs 2010 are mind boggling.

I have my static library built in release mode in project folder and all seems to work fine in both debug and release mode.

But when I #include <iostream> I get compile time errors and warnings In debug mode.

error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in UseStaticLib.obj

warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Ok, some Googling says that setting _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL to 0 in your debug build of the static library may fix this problem. If you have a precompiled header, set it there using #define.

If not using a precompiled header, just define it at the top of all your source files. Repeating the define multiple times won't hurt anything.