Sign in to follow this  
bootybay

Scite Indentation Settings (tab stop)

I'm having problems with the indentiation settings. I can't make my tab stops look like on the second variable ($thetabiwant).

I basically want the line before the code when I use tab or use enter.

It really helps my overview when I see the line wrapping my code. But atm I have to add a space by hand everytime.

46f35b2b51102cea81f15bbba539bbd0.png

Can anyone help me out?

When using the full SciTE4AutoIt3 you could use SciTEConfig (Ctrl+F1) to set the Indent to what you want it to be.

Else just use the in SciTEUser.properties found under OptionsSet User Options:

use.tabs=1
indent.size=4

and set it to what you want it to be....   or am I not understanding your question properly?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

When using the full SciTE4AutoIt3 you could use SciTEConfig (Ctrl+F1) to set the Indent to what you want it to be.

Else just use the in SciTEUser.properties found under OptionsSet User Options:

use.tabs=1
indent.size=4

and set it to what you want it to be....   or am I not understanding your question properly?

Jos

That doesnt help me. It just makes a bigger TAB but the line still doesnt appear.

Maybe this helps to clarify:

8d5b40452bad3646e39aa6161616ef26.png

The Indentation Setting doesn't add the line despite the TAB consinsting of more spaces.

Edited by bootybay

There is a line on the actual tab position in case there is a space or tab character used, else the actual character is shown.

Not sure why this would help you in any way to make the code readable as the characters align nicely with the "tab line".

Anyway, I do not know of a simple way to accomplish this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

That's not what that line is used for, so if you want to do something non-standard like that, you'll need to do it manually. Maybe run the file through a find/replace that replaces all tabs with tab and a space.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@Jos: It is just personal preference.

Could I make tidy do the work for me then?

Edited by bootybay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BugFix
      The block comment (internal: box comment) in SciTE cannot be toggled.
      I have now created a script that helps. It works with any file type for which the corresponding entries in the properties are created.For toggeling its required to detect, what the user want to do.
      Rules for detection:     - selection starts in an empty line (line break only)         following line begins with comment.box.start ==> action: uncomment         otherwise                                    ==> action: comment     - selection starts in line with text         line begins with comment.box.start           ==> action: uncomment         otherwise                                    ==> action: comment     - selection ends in an empty line AND       the line before begins with comment.box.end    ==> action: both lines are part of comment block, will deleted     - selection ends in line with comment.box.end    ==> action: line will deleted     - At least two lines must be selected, otherwise an error message is output to the console. This means that in nested block comments there is at least one more line between two comment.box.start markers.
      It is recommended to write all block comment settings into "SciTEUser.properties". The setting "comment.box.end.au3" from "SciTEGlobal.properties" is incorrect and must be corrected.
      comment.box.start.au3=#cs #~ If TAB should used as box.middle, define an alternation (e.g. "@Tab"),  #~ "\t" will not recognised as tab if passed as propertie. comment.box.tab.alternation= #~ If you want characters or tab in each line of comment block, define it here. #~ To use TAB, set the alternation variable here: $(comment.box.tab.alternation) comment.box.middle.au3= comment.box.end.au3=#ce Connection to SciTE
      Search a free command number. Use a Hotkey of your choice.
      If you have declared an option for user lua scripts (e.g.: "Lua.User.Scripts.Path=C:\code\lua"), copy the script to this folder.
      Otherwise copy it to a folder of your choice and change the path in the command: "dofile". But backslashes in the path must be masked. ("\\").
      If your path has spaces don't forgot to encapsulate in string delimiters.
      # 24 Toggle Block Comment command.name.24.*=Toggle Block Comment command.24.*=dofile $(Lua.User.Scripts.Path)/BlockComment.lua command.mode.24.*=subsystem:lua,savebefore:no command.shortcut.24.*=Ctrl+Alt+F10  
      Here the lua script:
      -- TIME_STAMP 2020-10-04 18:56:11 v 0.5 --[[ Toggle Block Comments ©BugFix ( autoit[at]bug-fix.info ) For toggeling its required to detect, what the user want to do. Rules for detection: - selection starts in an empty line (line break only) following line begins with comment.box.start ==> action: uncomment otherwise ==> action: comment - selection starts in line with text line begins with comment.box.start ==> action: uncomment otherwise ==> action: comment - selection ends in an empty line AND the line before begins with comment.box.end ==> action: both lines are part of comment block, will deleted - selection ends in line with comment.box.end ==> action: line will deleted - At least two lines must be selected, otherwise an error message is output to the console. Properties: It is recommended to write all block comment settings into SciTEUser.properties. The setting "comment.box.end.au3" from "SciTEGlobal.properties" is incorrect and must be corrected. comment.box.start.au3=#cs #~ If TAB should used as box.middle, define an alternation (e.g. "@Tab"), #~ "\t" will not recognised as tab if passed as propertie. comment.box.tab.alternation= #~ If you want characters or tab in each line of comment block, define it here. #~ To use TAB, set the alternation variable here: $(comment.box.tab.alternation) comment.box.middle.au3= comment.box.end.au3=#ce ]] local BlockComment = { -- variables ext, -- file extension boxStart, -- property: comment.box.start boxMiddle, -- property: comment.box.middle boxEnd, -- property: comment.box.end bMiddle, -- bool: boxMiddle is defined selStart, -- selection start position selEnd, -- selection end position lineStart, -- selection start line number lineEnd, -- selection end line number newText, -- the text that replaces the selection Init = function(self) self.ext = props["FileExt"] self.boxStart = props["comment.box.start."..self.ext] self.boxMiddle = props["comment.box.middle."..self.ext] local tabAlternation = props["comment.box.tab.alternation"] if tabAlternation ~= "" and self.boxMiddle == tabAlternation then self.boxMiddle = "\t" end self.boxEnd = props["comment.box.end."..self.ext] self.bMiddle = not (self.boxMiddle == "") self.selStart = editor.SelectionStart self.selEnd = editor.SelectionEnd self.lineStart = editor:LineFromPosition(self.selStart) self.lineEnd = editor:LineFromPosition(self.selEnd) self.newText = "" end, -- create the line w/wo middle markers NewLine = function(self, _num, _uncmt) local line = editor:GetLine(_num) if _uncmt then -- if second last line has box.end AND last line is empty OR if (_num == self.lineEnd -1 and self:LineIsEnd(_num) and self:LineIsEmpty(_num +1)) or -- if is the last line AND its empty --> stop proceeding (_num == self.lineEnd and self:LineIsEmpty(_num)) then return "" else -- if box.middle exists --> remove it if self.bMiddle then line = line:sub(self.boxMiddle:len()+1) end end else -- add box.middle if exists line = self.boxMiddle..line end return line end, -- checks if line is empty (has only a line break) LineIsEmpty = function(self, _lineNum) return (editor:GetLine(_lineNum) == "\r\n") end, -- checks if line has box.start LineIsStart = function(self, _lineNum) local line = editor:GetLine(_lineNum) return ( line:sub(1, self.boxStart:len()):lower() == self.boxStart:lower() ) end, -- checks if line has box.end LineIsEnd = function(self, _lineNum) local line = editor:GetLine(_lineNum) return ( line:sub(1, self.boxEnd:len()):lower() == self.boxEnd:lower() ) end, -- returns "false" if none error ErrorCheck = function(self) if self.selStart == self.selEnd then print("! NONE SELECTION.") return true elseif self.boxStart == "" or self.boxEnd == "" then print("! ERROR - The comment.box properties for *."..self.ext.." files are missing or incomplete.") return true elseif self.lineStart == self.lineEnd then print("! SINGLE LINE SELECTION. USE LINE COMMENT INSTEAD.") return true else return false end end, -- creates the text to toggle and replace the selection with it Toggle = function(self) self:Init() if self:ErrorCheck() then return end local uncomment = false local skip = 0 -- proceed with first line -- if start position is in empty line AND next line has box.start --> uncomment the block if self:LineIsEmpty(self.lineStart) and self:LineIsStart(self.lineStart +1) then uncomment = true skip = 1 -- the following line will ignored now -- if line from start position has box.start --> uncomment the block elseif self:LineIsStart(self.lineStart) then uncomment = true -- in other cases comment the block else -- insert box.start before the first line; if box.middle exists --> insert it too self.newText = self.boxStart.."\n"..self.boxMiddle..editor:GetLine(self.lineStart) end -- proceed with middle lines -- if box.middle is defined set/replace it in line local n = self.lineStart + 1 + skip local line while n < self.lineEnd do self.newText = self.newText..self:NewLine(n, uncomment) n = n + 1 end -- proceed with last line line = editor:GetLine(self.lineEnd) if not uncomment then self.newText = self.newText..self.boxMiddle..line..self.boxEnd else -- if uncomment the last line will ignored, but the trailing "\r\n" must deleted self.newText = self.newText:sub(1, -3) end -- replace the selection with the new toggled text editor:ReplaceSel(self.newText) end } BlockComment:Toggle() As far as I know, it is not possible to overwrite SciTE internal hotkeys. In this case "Ctrl+Shift+B" for IDM_BLOCK_COMMENT. Therefore I used the connection shown here.
      But if overwriting is possible, I would be interested in this solution.
      BlockComment.lua
    • By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!! 

• By Sayed
      Hi there, 
      I'm new in AutoIt forms and using AutoIt to automate desktop application (able to automate the application normally but facing issue when I've to re-run the application twice within the same script...so need help in this please)
      here is the steps then followed by the issue in a brief : 
      1- run application . 
      2- do some actions (click menus,activate windows,set texts..)
      3- close the application. 
      4- run the application again & access the same controls.
      5- open the same windows again (like step 2)
      6- perform some validations (by getting texts from some text boxes)
      7- close the application again (and repeat 1-7 for 15 times in average )
      The issue 
      * all controls are accessible in the first run and actions done successfully on controls (for steps 1-3) BUT from the second run of the application from step-4 it's able to set focus only the main application window.
      Note: only unique properties used to while mapping the controls. 
      Error that appear in the console :
      UIAWrappers.au3" (1673) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: $x = Int($t[1] + ($t[3] / 2)) $x = Int($t[1] + (^ ERROR  
      Simple spy code  of one of the controls that has this strange issue(menubar&view menu Item): 
      ;~ *** Standard code maintainable *** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) _UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=XXX;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app") ;main app form xxx _UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=menuStrip1;controltype:=UIA_MenuBarControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app") ;menuStrip1 ;~ $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("View.mainwindow", "title:=View;ControlType:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree) _UIA_setVar("oUIElement","Title:=View;controltype:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId;class:=") ;ControlType:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId;classname:=") ;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles ;~_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus") _UIA_action("oUIElement","highlight") ;~_UIA_action("oUIElement","click")  

• By Fenzik
      Hello All!
      i suggest to set default encoding in Scite4 for Autoit 3 to UTF 8 with Bom encoding, format recommended also in Autoit Help.
      In last editor version, when i open new script, for example Czech characters (č, ř, ž) aren't correct.
      So when i change Encoding to UTF 8 with Bom from Default Code page property state, everithing seems to be OK.
      Thank you and sorry for potentialy duplicated content.
      Fenzik
    • By jitb
      I have an eof problem in SciTE. I keep gitting this knitsu at the end of the open sesion.
      Please see below. The file should end at line 1220 but has invisable lines. What am I doing wrong?