Problem with recording coordinates.

I don't know how to code, or any coding languages, so I'm going to explain this in the most unprofessional terms; I also have problem speaking English so I would be pleased if you bear with it.

I am using AutoIt to do a modeling in EXAMINE3D (a Rocscienc software) in an automated fashion. First I started with writing a code in AutoIt. The problem was that I couldnt specify any buttons in the software cause AutoIt Window Info didnt show me  any Basic Control Info. I am sure the problem is not with Info window cause it worked for other cases except Examine3D. What I did next was recording all the steps using au3recorder. When I run the recorded codes it exactly repeats all the steps but the thing is  it doesnt apply the coordinates that I entered while recording or maybe it doesnt record them at all (I tried  entering the coordinates using both keyboard and mouse click, non of them worked).

Following is how it codes the coordinates that I enter:

Send("0,0,0{ENTER}0,0,5{ENTER}0,15,5{ENTER}0,15,0{ENTER}0,0,0{ENTER}")

I would be thankfull if anyone can help me with my problem.

Not all applications are visible to the windows API which AutoIt used internally. That explains why most work and some don't, Windows info tool uses the same APIs.

Post summary tab info from WIT and meanwhile look in example thread for AUIAutomation sticky who's code can handle the types of app you are trying to interact with.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Hi John,

Thank you very much ... information you provided are actually pretty usefull. Now I can have information for differnt buttons ... but I still cant figure out why whatever I type in Examin3D as the inpute ( for example coordinates of the shape that I am modelling)  and is recorded by au3recorder are no more recognized by Examin3D? Do you have any idea about it?

Edited by nsaeidi

au3recorder is not reliable.

You should look at doing your work manually.

There are thousands of people on this forum, if you can say specifically  what you are trying to accomplish, chances are someone has already done it and point you to a solution.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.