Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jewtus

Filewriteline creating extra lines

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to do a few queries and have them record the results into a CSV file but I'm running into an unusual error. When I had my code write a line at the end of all the queries, I got a ton of duplicated data, so I tried to tweak when it writes to the file to eliminate redundancies. I changed the code so now it doesn't do a @CRLF until the end of the set of queries and it looks perfect on the console output, but when I open the file itself, it has all sorts of spacing.

Here is the code:

$sqlRs2.open ($Query2, $sqlCon)
While Not $sqlRs2.EOF
    $Field1= $sqlRs2.Fields ('MPR').Value
    $Field2 = $sqlRs2.Fields ('ENT').Value
    $Field3 = $sqlRs2.Fields ('ROD').Value
    $Field4 = $sqlRs2.Fields ('ONTR').Value
    $Field5 = $sqlRs2.Fields ('OCAL').Value
    $EndDate = $sqlRs2.Fields ('End').Value
    $StartDate = $sqlRs2.Fields ('Start').Value
    ConsoleWrite($Field1 & "|" & $Field2 & "|" & $Field3 & "|" & $Field4 & "|" & $Field5 & "|" & DTFormat($StartDate) & "|" & DTFormat($EndDate) & "|") ; Write results to file
    FileWriteLine($fOutFile, $Field1 & "|" & $Field2 & "|" & $Field3 & "|" & $Field4 & "|" & $Field5 & "|" & DTFormat($StartDate) & "|" & DTFormat($EndDate) & "|") ; Write results to file
    $sqlRs6.open ($Query6, $sqlCon)
    While Not $sqlRs6.EOF
        $ID = $sqlRs6.Fields ('ERS').Value
        $Type = $sqlRs6.Fields ('ERS1').Value
        $DBRelationship = $sqlRs6.Fields ('ERT').Value
        DBRelationship()
        If $Type = 'F' Then
            $sqlRs7.open ($query7, $sqlCon)
            $Value1 = StringReplace($sqlRs7.Fields ('RIN' ).Value," ","")
            $Value2 = StringReplace($sqlRs7.Fields ('R70' ).Value," ","")
            $Value3 = StringReplace($sqlRs7.Fields ('OM' ).Value," ","")
            $Other = $Value & " " & $Value2 & " " & $Value3
            ConsoleWrite($Other & " " & $DBRelationship & "; ") ; Write results to file
            FileWriteLine($fOutFile, $Other & " " & $DBRelationship & "; ") ; Write results to file
            $sqlRs7.close
        EndIf
        $sqlRs6.MoveNext
    WEnd
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ; Write results to file
    FileWriteLine($fOutFile, @CRLF)
    $sqlRs6.close
    $sqlRs2.MoveNext

The console out looks like this:

Example|Data|Is|Easy|Guys|1/1/2014|1/2/2014|This Should Work OWNER; So Should This NONOWNER; 

and in the file itself, this is what I get:

Example|Data|Is|Easy|Guys|1/1/2014|1/2/2014|

This Should Work OWNER; 

So Should This NONOWNER;

I tried opening it in notepad++ and I can confirm that there is a @CRLF at the end of each of the lines.

Does filewriteline only create a new line? How would I get my file to look like the console output?

FileWriteLine automatically adds the @CRLF to every line you write with it. It's in the help file. If you want to combine the lines into one, you should only write it after you've combined the text and then write it once instead of every line.

1 person likes this

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

FileWriteLine automatically adds the @CRLF to every line you write with it. It's in the help file. If you want to combine the lines into one, you should only write it after you've combined the text and then write it once instead of every line.

I had actually realized that right as you posted (I came on to post a facepalm, but you had already gotten to it :P)

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• fopetesl
      By fopetesl
      I have a csv file with delimiters "," and @CRLF
      After trying several different examples (simple ones!) I still haven't resolved an answer
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> ;#include "ArrayMultiColSort.au3" Global $BatchDir = "C:\ncat\" FileChangeDir($BatchDir) $sFile = "mod1.csv" ; Read file into a 2D array Global $aArray _FileReadToArray($sFile, $aArray, $FRTA_NOCOUNT, ",") ; And here it is _ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Original", Default, 8) Firstly it throws a MsgBox error "No array variable passed to function" _ArrayDisplay(), so no displayed data
      Second and probably more important how do I get _FileReadToArray() to split the imported array[][] into rows and columns?
      I tried "," & @CRLF without success.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning guys
      I'd like to know if there is a way to convert a PDF in CSV or, eventually, in TXT, in order to read from it, like a database...
      I have a PDF and I think ( I dind't search a lot on the forum ) with AutoIt, but I'd like work with Excel styles...
      Does anyone know a good program which convert PDF to CSV? 
      PS: the PDF file is 5 MB, and it contains 439 pages...
      Thanks everyone for the help

By 31290
      Hi guys, 
      I'd like to write a piece of tool that would allow me to update a certain field in our Active Directory from a comma separated csv file composed like this:

This file, automatically generated, can hold more than 10k lines.
      Thus, I need column A to be in one variable, column B in a second one and column C in a third one.
      I'm really missing this part as updating the AD is fairly easy once the 3 variable are populated. 
      I see things like this:
      Here's my attempts at the moment:
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $csv_file = @DesktopDir & "\Book1.csv" Global $aRecords If Not _FileReadToArray($csv_file,$aRecords) Then MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error) Exit EndIf For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0] Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x]) ; Shows the line that was read from file $csv_line_values = StringSplit($aRecords[$x], ",",1) ; Splits the line into 2 or more variables and puts them in an array ; _ArrayDisplay($csv_line_values) ; Shows what's in the array you just created. ; $csv_line_values[0] holds the number of elements in array ; $csv_line_values[1] holds the value ; $csv_line_values[2] holds the value ; etc Msgbox(0, 0, $csv_line_values[1]) Next Any help on this please? 
      Thanks in advance
      -31290-
    • Jewtus
      By Jewtus
      I've had issues in the past dealing with excel so I decided to cut out the middle man and build a script that would take any file that opens in excel (csv, xml, xls, etc) and convert it into an array so I can handle the raw data in a cleaner way. I used czardas' CSV parser to do this and added a simple save in excel to save it as a csv to parse.

Func _CreateCSV($fnImportFile) $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") $oExcel.Visible=False $oBook= $oExcel.Workbooks.Open($fnImportFile) $oSheet=$oBook.ActiveSheet $fnMaster=@TempDir&"\"&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&".csv" ConsoleWrite($fnMaster&@CRLF) $oSheet.SaveAs($fnMaster, 6) $oBook.Close(False) $oExcel.Quit $aReturnArray=_CSVSplit(FileRead($fnMaster)) FileDelete($fnMaster) If not @error Then Return $aReturnArray Else Return -1 EndIf EndFunc ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _CSVSplit ; Description ...: Converts a string in CSV format to a two dimensional array (see comments) ; Syntax.........: CSVSplit ( $aArray [, $sDelim ] ) ; Parameters ....: $aArray - The array to convert ; $sDelim - Optional - Delimiter set to comma by default (see 2nd comment) ; Return values .: Success - Returns a two dimensional array or a one dimensional array (see 1st comment) ; Failure - Sets @error to: ; |@error = 1 - First parameter is not a valid string ; |@error = 2 - Second parameter is not a valid string ; |@error = 3 - Could not find suitable delimiter replacements ; Author ........: czardas ; Comments ......; Returns a one dimensional array if the input string does not contain the delimiter string ; ; Some CSV formats use semicolon as a delimiter instead of a comma ; ; Set the second parameter to @TAB To convert to TSV ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _CSVSplit($string, $sDelim = ",") ; Parses csv string input and returns a one or two dimensional array If Not IsString($string) Or $string = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid string If Not IsString($sDelim) Or $sDelim = "" Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ; Invalid string $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "[\r\n]+\z", "") ; [Line Added] Remove training breaks Local $iOverride = 63743, $asDelim[3] ; $asDelim => replacements for comma, new line and double quote For $i = 0 To 2 $asDelim[$i] = __GetSubstitute($string, $iOverride) ; Choose a suitable substitution character If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) ; String contains too many unsuitable characters Next $iOverride = 0 Local $aArray = StringRegExp($string, '\A[^"]+|("+[^"]+)|"+\z', 3) ; Split string using double quotes delim - largest match $string = "" Local $iBound = UBound($aArray) For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 $iOverride += StringInStr($aArray[$i], '"', 0, -1) ; Increment by the number of adjacent double quotes per element If Mod ($iOverride +2, 2) = 0 Then ; Acts as an on/off switch $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], $sDelim, $asDelim[0]) ; Replace comma delimeters $aArray[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($aArray[$i], "(\r\n)|[\r\n]", $asDelim[1]) ; Replace new line delimeters EndIf $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], '""', $asDelim[2]) ; Replace double quote pairs $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], '"', '') ; Delete enclosing double quotes - not paired $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], $asDelim[2], '"') ; Reintroduce double quote pairs as single characters $string &= $aArray[$i] ; Rebuild the string, which includes two different delimiters Next $iOverride = 0 $aArray = StringSplit($string, $asDelim[1], 2) ; Split to get rows $iBound = UBound($aArray) Local $aCSV[$iBound][2], $aTemp For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aArray[$i], $asDelim[0]) ; Split to get row items If Not @error Then If $aTemp[0] > $iOverride Then $iOverride = $aTemp[0] ReDim $aCSV[$iBound][$iOverride] ; Add columns to accomodate more items EndIf EndIf For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] If StringLen($aTemp[$j]) Then If Not StringRegExp($aTemp[$j], '[^"]') Then ; Field only contains double quotes $aTemp[$j] = StringTrimLeft($aTemp[$j], 1) ; Delete enclosing double quote single char EndIf $aCSV[$i][$j -1] = $aTemp[$j] ; Populate each row EndIf Next Next If $iOverride > 1 Then Return $aCSV ; Multiple Columns Else For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 If StringLen($aArray[$i]) And (Not StringRegExp($aArray[$i], '[^"]')) Then ; Only contains double quotes $aArray[$i] = StringTrimLeft($aArray[$i], 1) ; Delete enclosing double quote single char EndIf Next Return $aArray ; Single column EndIf EndFunc ;==> _CSVSplit ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# =========================================================================================================== ; Name...........: __GetSubstitute ; Description ...: Searches for a character to be used for substitution, ie one not contained within the input string ; Syntax.........: __GetSubstitute($string, ByRef $iCountdown) ; Parameters ....: $string - The string of characters to avoid ; $iCountdown - The first code point to begin checking ; Return values .: Success - Returns a suitable substitution character not found within the first parameter ; Failure - Sets @error to 1 => No substitution character available ; Author ........: czardas ; Comments ......; This function is connected to the function _CSVSplit and was not intended for general use ; $iCountdown is returned ByRef to avoid selecting the same character on subsequent calls to this function ; Initially $iCountown should be passed with a value = 63743 ; =============================================================================================================================== Func __GetSubstitute($string, ByRef $iCountdown) If $iCountdown < 57344 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Out of options Local $sTestChar For $i = $iCountdown To 57344 Step -1 $sTestChar = ChrW($i) $iCountdown -= 1 If Not StringInStr($string, $sTestChar) Then Return $sTestChar EndIf Next Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Out of options EndFunc ;==> __GetSubstitute  

Edit:
      The code above is pretty junk (my part at least) so I wanted to improve it... This will return an array of arrays based on the excel file
      #include <Array.au3> Func _GetExcelArrays($fnImportFile) $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") $oExcel.Visible=False $oBook= $oExcel.Workbooks.Open($fnImportFile) $sheetCount=$oBook.Worksheets.Count Local $aReturnArray[$sheetCount] For $x=1 to $sheetCount $oSheet=$oBook.Worksheets($x) $oSheet.Activate $fnMaster=@TempDir&"\"&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&".csv" $oSheet.SaveAs($fnMaster, 6) $aReturnArray[$x-1]=_CSVSplit(FileRead($fnMaster)) FileDelete($fnMaster) Next $oBook.Close(False) $oExcel.Quit Return $aReturnArray EndFunc  
    • Reizvoller
      By Reizvoller
      Howdy!
      I am trying to do something a little whacky but here's the function that's kicking back an error.
      I am fairly sure I am overlooking a simple error but I am not seeing it.
      Func mouseSpot () Global $mouseSpot = MouseGetPos() ConsoleWrite ($mouseSpot[0] & ", " & $mouseSpot[1] & @CRLF) FileWriteLine ("mouseGrabs.txt" , "MouseClick ('"'primary'"' , $mouseSpot[0] , $mouseSpot[1], 1, 10)" ) EndFunc The error displays as this 
      Any thoughts?
      Thanks!
      -Reiz