Sign in to follow this  
t0nZ

_FTP_ProgressDownload showing always separate progress window.

When I upgraded from version 3.3.8.1 to the latest 3.3.12.0 I have the included functions _FTP_ProgressDownload and _FTP_ProgressUpload always showing a separate progress window, and not using the progress bar in the main gui.

This happens also with the example code from the Help :

#include <FTPEx.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>

Global $g_sRemoteFile = "/pub/software/databases/rt/SRPMS/ucs-local-modperl-2.0.3-1.src.rpm"
Global $g_sLocalFile = @TempDir & "\temp.tmp"
FileDelete($g_sLocalFile)

Local $sServer = 'ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk'
Local $sUsername = ''
Local $sPass = ''

Local $hInternetSession = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control')
; passive allows most protected FTPs to answer
Local $hFTPSession = _FTP_Connect($hInternetSession, $sServer, $sUsername, $sPass, 1)

Global $g_idProgressBarCtrl, $g_idBtn_Cancel
Example()

_FTP_Close($hInternetSession)

Func Example()
    ; create GUI
    GUICreate("My GUI download Progressbar", 220, 100, 100, 200)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($g_sRemoteFile, 10, 10)
    $g_idProgressBarCtrl = GUICtrlCreateProgress(10, 40, 200, 20, $PBS_SMOOTH)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 32250); not working with Windows XP Style
    $g_idBtn_Cancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 75, 70, 70, 20)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Local $sFunctionToCall = "_UpdateGUIProgressBar"
    _FTP_ProgressDownload($hFTPSession, $g_sLocalFile, $g_sRemoteFile, $sFunctionToCall)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _UpdateGUIProgressBar($iPercent)
    GUICtrlSetData($g_idProgressBarCtrl, $iPercent)
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit -1 ; _FTP_DownloadProgress Aborts with -1, so you can exit your app afterwards
        Case $g_idBtn_Cancel
            Exit -2 ; Just Cancel, without special Return value
    EndSwitch
    Return 1 ; Otherwise continue Download
EndFunc   ;==>_UpdateGUIProgressBar

And   #include <FTPEx.au3>  is the latest (June 1 2014)

In my system the result is like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg9q7c4rzhmzrjk/errorFTPprogress.JPG?dl=0

Why ?

The UDF was updated to use a new feature that makes it possible to pass a sort of pointer of the function and call that. See "Function Notes" under Function Reference in the helpfile for how that works.

The change in the UDF is in the changelog, but apparently the examples was not updates at the stable release (they are fixed in the beta).

Removed: Usage of Call() in _FTP_ProgressDownload(), _FTP_ProgressUpload() and _SQLite_Startup(). See documentation for changes to $hFunctionCall and $hPrintCallback parameters. THIS IS A SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGE.

To fix, change "_UpdateGUIProgressBar" to _UpdateGUIProgressBar (notice the lack of quotes!).

Ok, received, my fault not reading that script breaking change.

Now corrected and it works as intended.

Thank you ! :bye:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wysocki
      I have a smartphone and I use it to access my email. However, when composing an email on it I have a problem. My list of phone contacts on the phone is very different from my list of email contacts in my Thunderbird desktop app.  I use my Gmail address book to store primarily phone contacts, and I use Thunderbird for my list of email contacts. I wanted a way to get my Thunderbird contact list onto my smartphone to be able to compose emails to addresses in that list. Here's my solution.
      I wrote a script to export my Thunderbird Personal Address Book to a csv file. It then reads that file and re-writes it with html wrappers around the data to make it into a nicely formatted web page. It then uploads the htm file to my website. On my smartphone, I created a shortcut to the file's URL and whenever I click it, I get the list displayed. Each contact shows name and email address along with a COPY button that will put the address into the clipboard. Then in my email client, I can easily paste that address into it. Alternatively, clicking on the actual email link will open a new message dialog in your email client with that address already entered.
      To use the app, all you need to do is use Thunderbird and have a webserver available. You'll need to download the FTPEX.AU3 file from this website and make a few changes to some constants around line 17 for FTP login info, etc.

pab2ftp.au3
    • By Dent
      The following function successfully connects to and uploads a local text file named user.dat
      I have checked the data being written to the text file when it is created locally using a MsgBox and it appears exactly how it should be written to the file. If I comment out the FileDelete and go and open the file locally it is as expected.
      However when I download the file from the FTP server and open it up the text that should be at the end of the file is missing. With each subsequent run more characters are missing.
      I added the Sleep(5000) in case the function was closing the FTP connection too quickly before the file could be fully written but it makes no difference. The user.dat file is (should be) approximately 100 bytes so it is tiny.
      Any idea why this is happening?
      Func UpdateUserData() ; Upload the modified user.dat file Local $hOpen = _FTP_Open("myftp") Local $hConn = _FTP_Connect($hOpen, "my.ftp.server", "user", "pass", 1, 0, 1, 2) If @error Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Connection failed" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please contact support") _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) Exit EndIf _FTP_FilePut($hConn, @TempDir & "\user.dat", "user.dat") ; Upload the new user.dat file Sleep(5000) If @error <> 0 Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Couldn't transmit data" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please contact support") _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) Exit EndIf _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) FileDelete(@TempDir & "\user.dat") EndFunc  
    • By Raywando
      Hello,
      This is my first post. So I’ve worked on a script for a while and I’m planning to publish it but the problem is that it connects to an FTP server at some point, and as you probably know FTP credentials are easily captured by a MITM attack or Wireshark (not sure if Wireshark does). So I thought if i can detect data capturing in the user’s network the script would stop. Any idea?.
      If there’s another workaround I’m happy to hear it. 
    • By BrewManNH
      I have created a UDF that will allow you to easily create a customizable GUI with either a standard progress bar or a marquee style progress bar. You can change the size and back ground color of the GUI, as well as the font, font size, and color of the text. The function doesn't require any parameters to operate, but the default text is very generic so you probably would want to set that at the very least.
    • By Carm01
      Hello,
      I am attempting to pull a list of the directory structure from a public FTP where no username or password is required i.e:
      ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/
      Now I have looked all over the place and have failed find anything to accomplish, and if I found some, and the documentation is rather bleak for example;
      it does show something I am looking for, but there is no ftp.au3, and the usage and examples of what i want to do seems to elude me on this and it may not even apply to what I am trying to accomplish?
      I want to avoid using things with Internet explorer , and I have done some google searches. However nothing seems to help
      the documentation surrounding : _FTP_DirGetCurrent  references _FTP_Connect , and then references _FTP_Open , and regardless what I try I cannot get it to pull a list of directorys of files as a list.

Any help is appreciated