Sign in to follow this  
t0nZ

_FTP_ProgressDownload showing always separate progress window.

t0nZ

When I upgraded from version 3.3.8.1 to the latest 3.3.12.0 I have the included functions _FTP_ProgressDownload and _FTP_ProgressUpload always showing a separate progress window, and not using the progress bar in the main gui.

This happens also with the example code from the Help :

#include <FTPEx.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>

Global $g_sRemoteFile = "/pub/software/databases/rt/SRPMS/ucs-local-modperl-2.0.3-1.src.rpm"
Global $g_sLocalFile = @TempDir & "\temp.tmp"
FileDelete($g_sLocalFile)

Local $sServer = 'ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk'
Local $sUsername = ''
Local $sPass = ''

Local $hInternetSession = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control')
; passive allows most protected FTPs to answer
Local $hFTPSession = _FTP_Connect($hInternetSession, $sServer, $sUsername, $sPass, 1)

Global $g_idProgressBarCtrl, $g_idBtn_Cancel
Example()

_FTP_Close($hInternetSession)

Func Example()
    ; create GUI
    GUICreate("My GUI download Progressbar", 220, 100, 100, 200)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($g_sRemoteFile, 10, 10)
    $g_idProgressBarCtrl = GUICtrlCreateProgress(10, 40, 200, 20, $PBS_SMOOTH)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 32250); not working with Windows XP Style
    $g_idBtn_Cancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 75, 70, 70, 20)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Local $sFunctionToCall = "_UpdateGUIProgressBar"
    _FTP_ProgressDownload($hFTPSession, $g_sLocalFile, $g_sRemoteFile, $sFunctionToCall)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _UpdateGUIProgressBar($iPercent)
    GUICtrlSetData($g_idProgressBarCtrl, $iPercent)
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit -1 ; _FTP_DownloadProgress Aborts with -1, so you can exit your app afterwards
        Case $g_idBtn_Cancel
            Exit -2 ; Just Cancel, without special Return value
    EndSwitch
    Return 1 ; Otherwise continue Download
EndFunc   ;==>_UpdateGUIProgressBar

And   #include <FTPEx.au3>  is the latest (June 1 2014)

In my system the result is like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg9q7c4rzhmzrjk/errorFTPprogress.JPG?dl=0

Why ?

AdmiralAlkex

The UDF was updated to use a new feature that makes it possible to pass a sort of pointer of the function and call that. See "Function Notes" under Function Reference in the helpfile for how that works.

The change in the UDF is in the changelog, but apparently the examples was not updates at the stable release (they are fixed in the beta).

Removed: Usage of Call() in _FTP_ProgressDownload(), _FTP_ProgressUpload() and _SQLite_Startup(). See documentation for changes to $hFunctionCall and $hPrintCallback parameters. THIS IS A SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGE.

To fix, change "_UpdateGUIProgressBar" to _UpdateGUIProgressBar (notice the lack of quotes!).

t0nZ

Ok, received, my fault not reading that script breaking change.

Now corrected and it works as intended.

Thank you ! :bye:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Sally1801
      By Sally1801
      Hello,
      i need help in deleting files from a server. The function "_FTP_DirDelete" only deletes a directory when its empty. I need to delete a non empty directory. I also can not delete the files in this directory first, because the files are PAG and DIR files in a .DAV directory and FTPEx.au3 doesnt like a directory starting with a ".".
      Any ideas?
      Thx, Sally
    • VollachR
      By VollachR
      Hi,
      I'd like to show a progress bar for an operation performed by an external program my script is running silently, I want to show it in a GUI I created using the GUICtrlCreateProgress but I have no idea how to do it.
      The important thing to point out is that there's no way of knowing how long the external program will run, as it is a file splitter and it depends on the size of file it splits and the split parts size.
      Can someone point me in the right direction or give me an example how to do so?
      This is my RunWait command:
      RunWait($MYFILES1 & '\fsplit.exe -split ' & $Size & ' mb ' & $File & " -f " & $File & "." & $extension) It uses multiple variables declared and set earlier in the script, how will I got about having the progress of that command shown using GUICtrlCreateProgress ? Is it possible?
      Thank you.
    • CharlieH
      By CharlieH
      Hi,

I have written a small script to read a file from an FTP server and check its contents. This can be re-run by the press of a button, however, if the file is deleted from the ftp server between runs (with the .exe still live), the file is still "read" and written locally, which then passes the check.

If I run it initially without the file, it correctly fails and pops up my error message, but if the file is then added, it then seemingly gets cached (or similar) so that the app then always reports a success.

The below code snippet is just the function run when the "test" button is pressed. It includes a load of debug message boxes, and from that I think I've gathered a few (possibly) interesting/relevant things:
      $Open and $Conn are 8 byte values, which increments (not by 1) when the FTP connection is not closed, but if the connection is closed, they stick at the value (presumably windows can re-use that session id if it's been closed e.g:
      1st run (file not present) $Open -> 0x00CC0004 $Conn -> 0x00CC0008
      2nd run (file not present) $Open -> 0x00CC0010 $Conn -> 0x00CC0014
      3rd run (file now present) $Open -> 0x00CC001C $Conn -> 0x00CC0020
      4th run (file still present) $Open -> 0x00CC001C $Conn -> 0x00CC0020
      $Ftp = _FTP_FileGet.... returns a 1 when file not present (in a run after it was present) and "test_transfer.txt" does get created and does contain the correct string This is the key bit I dont understand, I dont know how/where it is getting the data to write this file when it literally no longer exists on the target FTP server...
      resetting every variable used in the function each time it's run does work (in that they become 0), but it doesn't affect the putcome I had thought perhaps some key values were being stored in the variables, but this doesn't seem to be the case

Is there any concept of clearing a cache when closing an ftp session? Or deleting any unknown temporary files windows might make?

Thanks all

Func Transfer() Local $connected = 0 $Ftpp = 0 ;Trying to reset these every time function is called $file = 0 $Open = 0 $Conn = 0 $Ftpc = 0 ;Make a new "connecting..." window so that the user has feedback that a transfer is attempting to take place ;Otherwise it just runs in the background and there's no indication its doing anything $connection_window = GUICreate ("Ethernet Switch Test" , 300 , 160 , -1 , -1 , -1 , -1 , 0) GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF) GUISetFont(10 * _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()[0], 400, Default, "Sans Serif") $connecting_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Connecting to board...", 0, 25, 300, -1, $SS_Center, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $connection_window) Sleep(100) ;Connect ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "1" & $Conn) While $connected = 0 $Open = _FTP_Open($count) ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "open " & $Open) $Conn = _FTP_Connect($Open, $server, $username, $password) ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "2" & $Conn) If $Conn = 0 then Local $retry = Msgbox(65, 'FTP Transfer', 'Connection failed' & @CRLF & "Retry?") If $retry = 2 Then MsgBox(0, "FTP Transfer", "Operation aborted") GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $connection_window) Return EndIf Else $connected_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Connected!", 0, 45, 300, -1, $SS_Center, "") $connected = 1 MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "3" & $connected) Sleep(100) endIf WEnd $transfering_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Reading file....", 0, 45, 300, -1, $SS_Center, "") ;Read file from server ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "5" & $Ftpp) ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "flie " & $file) $Ftpp = _FTP_FileGet($Conn, 'test/test.txt', 'test_transfer.txt') ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "6" & $Ftpp) If ($Ftpp) then $transfered_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Transfered, checking...", 0, 65, 300, -1, $SS_Center, "") ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "flie " & $file) $file = FileRead("test_transfer.txt") ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "flie " & $file) If Not StringInStr($file, 'this is a test string 12345') Then MsgBox(0, "File check", "Received file incorrect, test failed!") GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $connection_window) Return Else $tested_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Tested and Passed!", 0, 85, 300, -1, $SS_Center, "") $Ftpc = _FTP_Close($Open) ;MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "close" & $Ftpc) ;$count = $count+1 $ok_button = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 125, 105, 50, -1) While 1 Local $pressed = GUIGetMsg() If ($pressed = $ok_button) Then FileDelete("test_transfer.txt") GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $connection_window) ;$connection_window = 0 Return EndIf WEnd EndIf Else MsgBox(0, "Transfer", "Could not read file " & @error) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $connection_window) Return EndIf EndFunc  
    • BrewManNH
      By BrewManNH
      I have created a UDF that will allow you to easily create a customizable GUI with either a standard progress bar or a marquee style progress bar. You can change the size and back ground color of the GUI, as well as the font, font size, and color of the text. The function doesn't require any parameters to operate, but the default text is very generic so you probably would want to set that at the very least.
    • Sigmac
      By Sigmac
      I have used this code for a long time, but for a week or 2 it stopped working?
      Connection is ok, the put create the file on server if I delete it on the FTP server, but the file is empty and after 30 secondees the function return 0
      I have tested on 2 machines, Filezilla FTP client have no issue to the server.
      Firewall is disabled under test.
        If $writeFTP = True Then
            $Open=_FTPOpen('MyFTP Control')
            $Conn=_FTPConnect($Open, $destinationServer, $destinationUsername, $destinationPass)
       MsgBox(0,"start","start")
            $Ftpp=_FtpPutFile($Conn, $filePath&$name&".json", "httpdocs/p_calender/" & $name & ".json")
      MsgBox(0,"return","return"&$Ftpp)
      Exit
            $Ftpc=_FTPClose($Open)
           EndIf

From the Lib:
      Func _FTPPutFile($l_FTPSession, $s_LocalFile, $s_RemoteFile, $l_Flags = 0, $l_Context = 0)
          Local $ai_FTPPutFile = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpPutFile', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_LocalFile, 'str', $s_RemoteFile, 'long', $l_Flags, 'long', $l_Context)
          If @error OR $ai_FTPPutFile[0] = 0 Then
              SetError(-1)
              Return 0
          EndIf
          Return $ai_FTPPutFile[0]
      EndFunc ;==> _FTPPutFile()