better Outlook reminders window

kgreer

A few people have expressed some concerns with Outlook's ability to remind them of meetings.  the reminder window will be active but minimized and the users would miss appointments.  I figured I could use Autoit to solve this problem by making the Outlook reminder window more agressive with reminders.  Here is what I came up with, and I would like some feedback or suggestions to make this better or more efficiant.  One problem I had was with the title paramater as partial text was not working, however it seems to work with just finidng text from within the window.  This will work for Outlook 2013, but Outlook 2010 and 2007 have slightly different text within the window body, "Click Snooze to be reminded again in".  I do not run a check on which version of Outlook is installed or if multiple versions are installed.  That may be something to add later on.

#NoTrayIcon
$winTitle = ""
$winText = "&Click Snooze to be reminded in:"
While 1
    If WinExists($winTitle, $winText) Then
        WinSetState($winTitle, $winText, @SW_SHOW)
        WinSetState($winTitle, $winText, @SW_RESTORE)
        WinSetOnTop($winTitle, $winText, 1)
        WinFlash($winTitle, $winText, 10, 500)
    EndIf
    Sleep(20000)
WEnd
Edited by kgreer

Do you have a question for this script?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

... I would like some feedback or suggestions to make this better or more efficiant....

I believe he stated what he would like.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I believe he stated what he would like.

I apologize I did not see that statement.

#NoTrayIcon

$winTitle = ""
$winText = "&Click Snooze to be reminded in:"

AdlibRegister("showRem", 20000)

While 1
    ; run indefinitely
WEnd

Func showRem()
    If WinExists($winTitle, $winText) Then
        WinSetState($winTitle, $winText, @SW_SHOW)
        WinSetState($winTitle, $winText, @SW_RESTORE)
        WinSetOnTop($winTitle, $winText, 1)
        WinFlash($winTitle, $winText, 10, 500)
    EndIf
EndFunc

This will make it so the script is not paused for 20000 milliseconds during the Sleep() function. Letting you do other things inside your script, while the showRem function is run every 20000 milliseconds.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I'm not sure it does anything to the CPU (fairly certain it does not affect it), but using sleep will completely pause the script, making it so you cannot do anything else till it is done. Also, using such a long sleep param as you did, "20000", if you ever implement a GUI with your code you could miss GUI events in your while loop (or onEvent mode) due to waiting so long.

:)

Snips & Scripts