Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taylansan

plink connection to remote machine, how to capture StdoutRead outputs as a variable

1 post in this topic

Dear Autoit Forum,

Before I start, I have checked the following topics, but couldn't get far enough:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Func _PLINK_Connect($remote, $user, $password)
   Local $hSessionPID = Run("plink.exe -ssh " & $remote & " -l " & $user & " -pw " & $password, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
   If @error Then
      MsgBox(0, "Error: xxx", "Running plink.exe under the main folder failed.")
      Return False
   EndIf

Local $sLine
   While True
      ;read each line
      $sLine = StdoutRead($hSessionPID)
      ;ty_DEBUG print each line after connected
      If $sLine <> "" Then ConsoleWrite("Current Line Start:" & $sLine & @CRLF & "==== Current Line End" & @CRLF)
      If ProcessExists($hSessionPID) = 0 Then
         ConsoleWrite("cannot find PID" & @CRLF)
         Return SetError(9)
      ;check if connected with the given user name
      ElseIf StringInStr($sLine, "Using keyboard") Then
         ConsoleWrite("cannot login" & @CRLF)
         Return SetError(8)
      ;check if connected to remote
      ElseIf StringInStr($sLine, " [cdr2db] :") Then
         ConsoleWrite("connected to remote" & @CRLF)
         ExitLoop
      EndIf
      Sleep(10)
   WEnd

Return $hSessionPID
EndFunc

Now i call the function:

Case1: Everything is fine

_PLINK_Connect("10.25.0.20", "cdr2db", "Cdr2db_1")
Output:
Current Line Start:Last login: Sat Sep 13 12:56:06 2014 from 10.75.58.71

==== Current Line End
Current Line Start:<101 bb1a [cdr2db] :/onip/app/cdr2db>
==== Current Line End
connected to remote

Case2: Another username
_PLINK_Connect("10.25.0.20", "cdr2dba", "Cdr2db_1")
Output:
Current Line Start:Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
==== Current Line End
cannot login
Using username "cdr2dba".
Access denied

Case3: Wrong password
_PLINK_Connect("10.25.0.20", "cdr2db", "Cdr2db_1a")
Output:
Current Line Start:Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
==== Current Line End
cannot login
Using username "cdr2db".
Access denied

Case4: Non-existing remote machine
Output:
FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection timed out
cannot find PID

Now my question is that:

For Case 2 and 3; my last console write says that "current line start / end" then, "cannot login". But in the output window i can find "Using username cdr2db. Access denied". So, how is that output generated?

For Case 4: Even there is no output as ConsoleWrite, how the "FATAL ERROR: ..." line is generated?

I would apperiate any comments on the topic.

Thanks in advance.

TY.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• OGA
      By OGA
      Hi, I'm new.
      Anyways, I'm using the RunBinary.au3 script by trancexx and I want to re-direct the STDOUT of the "child process" back to the autoit script that launches it. I'm attempting to do so using named pipes. If its possible to use StdoutRead instead of namedpipes please let me know. I'm just unsure of how to provide a handle of the childs STDOUT stream to that function. Though DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetStdHandle", "dword", "STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE") seems to get the handle?
      Please excuse any foolish mistakes because I'm new to STDOUT, runbinary and namedpipes. Here's the parts of the code I'm trying to use that are relevent:
      ;~~~Firstly I think I need to make a pipe that's inheritable.. which I may have done wrong Local $_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES = DllStructCreate("dword Length;" & _ "int lpSecurityDescriptor;" & _ "bool InheritHandle;") ;***Not positive if bool works correctly here? DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "Length", DllStructGetSize($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES)) DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "lpSecurityDescriptor", 0) ;***This sets default state; "If the value of this member is NULL, the object is assigned the default security descriptor associated with the access token of the calling process." but I'm unsure if this is what I should use DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "InheritHandle", true);***True = Inheritable(but again I'm not positive the bool works correctly?) Global $hNamedPipe = _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe("\\.\pipe\poopp", _;Name 2, _;Direction: 2=both ;I only need 1 direction but I'm just using this for testing 1, _;Flags: 1=no extra instances of pipe are allowed to run 0, _;Security: No ACL Security 0, _;Type: 0=byte 0, _;ReadType: 0=byte 1, _;Wait: 0=Block(wait) 1=No block(no wait) 1, _;Max Instances of pipe allowed 4096, _;out size 4096, _;in size 9000, _;timeout DllStructGetPtr($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES));Default=0 which wouldn't make the handle inheritable ;~~~Next I would need to set the STARTUPINFO of the process ;code used by trancexx for the _STARTUPINFO Global $tSTARTUPINFO = DllStructCreate("dword cbSize;" & _ "ptr Reserved;" & _ "ptr Desktop;" & _ "ptr Title;" & _ "dword X;" & _ "dword Y;" & _ "dword XSize;" & _ "dword YSize;" & _ "dword XCountChars;" & _ "dword YCountChars;" & _ "dword FillAttribute;" & _ "dword Flags;" & _ "word ShowWindow;" & _ "word Reserved2;" & _ "ptr Reserved2;" & _ "ptr hStdInput;" & _ "ptr hStdOutput;" & _ "ptr hStdError") ;Attempting to set the values for namedpipe redirection DllStructSetData($tSTARTUPINFO, "Flags", 0x00000100) ;***Flag = STARTF_USESTDHANDLES (I think I set it correctly?) DllStructSetData($tSTARTUPINFO, "hStdOutput", $hNamedPipe) ;***Currently setting the output handle to the SERVER end of the NamePipe I'm creating (which I'm pretty sure is wrong but idk how to use the Client End) ;~~~code used by trancexx for CreateProcess Global $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "bool", "CreateProcessW", _ "wstr", $sExeModule, _ "wstr", $sCommandLine, _ "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", 0, _ "bool", true, _ ;***changed to inherit handles (not positive I did so correctly) was int 0 before "dword", 4, _ ; CREATE_SUSPENDED ; <- this is essential "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tSTARTUPINFO), _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tPROCESS_INFORMATION)) ;~~~~~Code used in a loop to try to see if anything is being written into the pipe If _IsPressed(35, $hDLL) Then Local $pipeData = _NamedPipes_PeekNamedPipe($hNamedPipe) If @Error Then MsgBox(1,"PipeData Error",@Error & " | " & $pipeData) Else Local $r = _ArrayDisplay($pipeData) If @Error Then MsgBox(1,"Array Error",@Error & " | " & $pipeData) EndIf EndIf  
      I'm not using this exact code cause I changed it around some for the post. I'm mainly wondering how to correctly use the client end of the name pipe? I also had some values I wasn't sure if I set correctly because I don't have experience with com objects. And It seems the process launched needs to be the child?.. Can the process started through the autoitscript can be considered the child process and the script the parent process?

Guides I'm using for this:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682499(v=vs.85).aspx
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/190351/how-to-spawn-console-processes-with-redirected-standard-handles
    • careca
      By careca
      #include <Constants.au3> ListLetter() Func ListLetter() ;$DSK = Run("cmd", '', '', $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) $DSK = Run(@ComSpec & " /c diskpart.exe start", '', '', $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ConsoleWrite('$DSK - '& $DSK&' - Error - '& @error &' - '&@MSEC&@CRLF) Sleep(2000) $Read = StdoutRead($DSK, True, False) ConsoleWrite(' - '& @error &' - '&@MSEC&@CRLF) ConsoleWrite('StdoutRead ' &$Read&' - '&@MSEC&@CRLF) EndFunc ;==>ListLetter So, this works with normal console "cmd" why does it error with diskpart? how can i make it read from diskpart?
    • dubi
      By dubi
      Hi,

Background: i have a number of instances of the same application that I want to automate in parallel.

Unfortunately, I cannot completely automate these instances in the background. So, from time to time these instances need to have the focus so that I can interact with the controls via “send” directly.

Each of the application instances is controlled by a au3 complied script. Each script (called with a parameter) manages the automation of the respective application-instance. Each of the (complied) script (instances) is called by a (central) front end with a gui. The front end controls if the “focus” is available to do the “send” and “mouseclick” modifications. The central front end either allows a child to have the focus or prevents it to get the focus (in which case the child will wait and checks again). The code for the front end is included. Apologies for the lengthy explanation.

#RequireAdmin #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIEdit.au3> #include <ScrollBarConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global Const $APF_ALLOWMULTILINE = 1 Global Const $APF_RIGHTALIGN = 6 Global Const $APF_RIGHTALIGNCOL = 2 Global Const $APF_RIGHTALIGNDATA = 4 Global Const $APF_PRINTROWNUM = 8 Global Const $APF_DEFAULT = $APF_PRINTROWNUM Global $PID[9], $FocusAvailable = True, $previousEditMsg Global $PID_waiting[0][2], $logfile $logfile = "D:\MultiInstance\Logfiles\FrontEnd.txt" If FileExists($logfile) Then FileDelete($logfile) #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $hGui_1 = GUICreate("Instanzenmanager", 493, 1226, 1807, 93) $grpInst1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" 1 ", 8, 8, 233, 121) $btnPause01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Pause", 16, 64, 50, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $tbnStop01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Stop", 16, 96, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnMin01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Minimize", 72, 64, 66, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnWdh01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Restore", 144, 64, 90, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnStart01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Start", 16, 32, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) $grpInst3 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" 3 ", 8, 136, 233, 121) $btnPause03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Pause", 16, 192, 50, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $tbnStop03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Stop", 16, 224, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnMin03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Minimize", 72, 192, 66, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnWdh03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Restore", 144, 192, 90, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnStart03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Start", 16, 160, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) $grpInst2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" 2 ", 248, 8, 233, 121) $btnPause02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Pause", 256, 64, 50, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $tbnStop02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Stop", 256, 96, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnMin02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Minimize", 312, 64, 66, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnWdh02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Restore", 384, 64, 90, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnStart02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Start", 256, 32, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) $grpInst4 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" 4 ", 248, 136, 233, 121) $btnPause04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Pause", 256, 192, 50, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $tbnStop04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Stop", 256, 224, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnMin04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Minimize", 312, 192, 66, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnWdh04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Restore", 384, 192, 90, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnStart04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Start", 256, 160, 218, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00) $Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 720, 473, 497) $btnPauseAll = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Pause all", 8, 656, 474, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) $btnStopAll = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Stop all", 7, 688, 474, 25, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_CHECKBOX, $BS_PUSHLIKE)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 CheckGuiMsg() FileWrite($logfile, @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "> " & "CheckGuiMsg" & @CRLF) CheckClientMessages() FileWrite($logfile, @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "> " & "CheckClientMessages" & @CRLF) WEnd Func CheckGuiMsg() $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $btnStart01 AddTextToEdit("Starting Instance 1") $PID[0] = Run("D:\XVM05\Entwicklung_FilterTest_Multi_ToFileV001.exe 1", @ScriptDir, Default, 3) Case $btnStart02 AddTextToEdit("Starting Instance 2") $PID[1] = Run("D:\XVM05\Entwicklung_FilterTest_Multi_ToFileV001.exe 2", @ScriptDir, Default, 3) Case $btnStart03 AddTextToEdit("Starting Instance 3") $PID[2] = Run("D:\XVM05\Entwicklung_FilterTest_Multi_ToFileV001.exe 3", @ScriptDir, Default, 3) Case $btnStart04 AddTextToEdit("Starting Instance 4") $PID[3] = Run("D:\XVM05\Entwicklung_FilterTest_Multi_ToFileV001.exe 4", @ScriptDir, Default, 3) Case $btnPause01 AddTextToEdit("Send Pause to Instance 1") StdinWrite($PID[0], "Pause") Case $btnPause02 StdinWrite($PID[1], "Pause") Case $btnPause03 StdinWrite($PID[2], "Pause") Case $btnPause04 StdinWrite($PID[3], "Pause") Case $tbnStop01 StdinWrite($PID[0], "Stop") Case $tbnStop02 StdinWrite($PID[1], "Stop") Case $tbnStop03 StdinWrite($PID[2], "Stop") Case $tbnStop04 StdinWrite($PID[3], "Stop") Case $btnPauseAll AddTextToEdit(@CRLF & "************Pause All not yet implemented**************" & @CRLF) Case $btnStopAll AddTextToEdit(@CRLF & "************Stop All not yet implemented***************" & @CRLF) EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>CheckGuiMsg Func CheckClientMessages() For $i = 0 To 3 FileWrite($logfile, @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "> " & $i & @CRLF) Local $a = TimerInit() $p = $PID[$i] $streamRead = StdoutRead($p) If $streamRead <> "" Then Switch $streamRead Case StringInStr($streamRead, "Focus Needed") > 0 If $FocusAvailable Then $FocusAvailable = False StdinWrite($p, "Focus Granted") Else EndIf Case StringInStr($streamRead, "Release Focus") > 0 StdinWrite($p, "Release Focus Received") $FocusAvailable = True Case Else EndSwitch EndIf FileWrite($logfile, @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "> " & $i & " " & round(TimerDiff($a),2) & @CRLF) Next EndFunc ;==>CheckClientMessages Func AddTextToEdit($text) If $previousEditMsg <> $text Then $previousEditMsg = $text GUICtrlSetData($Edit1, GUICtrlRead($Edit1) & @YEAR & "." & @MON & "." & @MDAY & " - " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "> " & $text & @CRLF) _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($Edit1, $SB_SCROLLCARET) EndIf EndFunc ;==>AddTextToEdit

My issue now is that the mechanism with with StdoutRead and StdinWrite is not efficient at all. The more instances I start the slower it gets. This is not just a bit slower (like a fraction of a second), but to the degree that the front end is not responding at all any longer (with 3 instances handling).

So my questions are:

1.       Is there a flaw in my implementation with StdoutRead and StdinWrite? (note that all works fine with 1 and also (slower) with 2 instances running) but actually breaks down with 3 instances running.

2.       Can I optimize the currently used implementation so that I can control 30+ instances?

3.       What other implementation do you see suitable for this approach?

a.       I have already tried it with communication through files but observed that this is not sufficiently reliable with multiple instances.

b.       Is Named Pipes a more performant approach (I am a bit scared of the effort to learn and implement this)

c.       Any other method?

Many thanks in advance

-dubi

• AutID
      By AutID
      sry my fault. Got this working. It was just a typo mistake. Please delete thread
    • nill
      By nill
      $user = "root" $password ="" $host ="5.0.0.1" $port ="22" $puty_exe = @ScriptDir & "\putty.exe"; putty salve local folder script $command = Run(@comspec & " /C "&$puty_exe&" -ssh -l "&$user&" "&$host&" p "&$port&" -pw "&$password,@ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 1) While 1 $data = StdoutRead($command) ConsoleWrite($data&@CRLF) If @error Then ExitLoop Wend Why StdoutRead cant read what putty.exe write in console ?