How to use forums

Izuno

Err, this is embarrassing but my thread was just locked. I wanted to ask the moderator if it's possible to unlock the thread and explain that it wasn't meant for game automation (though I do admit I am using a game to test if it works so I guess it does count...) but I'm not sure how to contact him. And while I'm at it, I noticed there is no option to PM other users. Is this because I just recently joined or its part of the forum rules of not asking for help through PM.

Thank you :3

I like my anime and naps :3

• Moderators

Izuno,

So what exactly is your script supposed to do?

a program that will automatically click stuff when it appears in a certain area of the screen

If you can provide me with a reasonable explanation of what else that is meant to do other than bot a game, we will see about unlocking the thread. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Oh haha okay, so that means I can PM after five posts right?

Also it may sound like an excuse but like I said in the original thread though I'm testing it using a game called Mabinogi cause its quite friendly with _ImageSearch and its easy to see if anything happens, I'm just trying to make something that is similar to something I saw in an anime

I was planning to ask what I can ask in the forums with regards to that problem because by its nature what I'm trying to make can be used for game automation.

P.s. The slow reply isn't because I just saw the post just now but is because I was trying to think of how to ask the question >_< Honest

Edited by Izuno

Booo! that's pretty much the same as everyone else's excuses, I was hoping it would be more entertaining :)

Doubt you've got any chance with it to be honest.

Best bet is to let it go, do some research, and try a legit question when you have some code.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Okie, so do I post the code here or can I make another thread to ask for assistance?

P.s. Like, I managed to get the box up but no matter what I do it keeps flashing (well flickering) which just looks weird >_< Also I replied faster this time cause din't have to think about what else to say, honest!

P.p.s Yeah I thought so too while I was typing that post... which was why it took me so long to press the post button! But yeah, them sudden urges to do something and failing and the gnawing feeling you get from wanting to find out why it din't work out.

Edited by Izuno

• Moderators

Izuno,

It all looks very "game" to me - and, as JohnOne said, "by its nature what I'm trying to make can be used for game automation" is the oldest excuse in the book. So I think your original thread stays locked - and please do not post any code related to this question, nor seek to get help by posting a disguised version. Innocent errors we tolerate - direct flouting of those rules to which I linked are not treated so leniently. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

As about original (non game related) question

you may look at my my Frame application which does similar stuff.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It's always ontop GUI rendered on top of other applications and it renders only its border of given configurable size.

I use that my application as helper tool for easily adjusting size of forms in my programming developers studio at work

so these forms fit to some standard screen resolutions.