Sign in to follow this  
jguinch

_Array1DTo2D

jguinch

We often have to get a 2D from a 1D array. A good example is with StringRegExp : it can only return a 1D array. But it can be interesting to transform the result to a 2D array.

Of course, it's easy to make it, but I think this function could help someone.

First, an example :

; #EXAMPLE# =====================================================================================================================
#Include <Array.au3>

Local $sString =  "<select>" & @CRLF & _
                  "  <option value='volvo'>Volvo</option>" & @CRLF & _
                  "  <option value='saab'>Saab</option>" & @CRLF & _
                  "  <option value='mercedes'>Mercedes</option>" & @CRLF & _
                  "  <option value='audi'>Audi</option>" & @CRLF & _
                  "  <option value='porsche'>Porsche</option>" & @CRLF & _
                  "</select>"
Local $aValues = StringRegExp($sString, "value='([^']+)'>([^<]+)", 3)
_ArrayDisplay($aValues, "1D Array")

Local $aValues2D = _Array1DTo2D($aValues, 2, 0, 0, 0)
_ArrayDisplay($aValues2D, "2D Array")
; ===============================================================================================================================

Now, the function :

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _Array1DTo2D
; Description ...: Transforms a 1D to a 2D array.
; Syntax ........: _Array1DTo2D($avArray, $iCols[, $iStart = 0[, $iEnd = 0[, $iFlag = 0]]])
; Parameters ....: $avArray             - Array to modify.
;                  $iCols               - Number of columns to transform the array to.
;                  $iStart              - [optional] Index of array to start the transformation. Default is the first element.
;                  $iEnd                - [optional] Index of array to stop the transformation. Default is the last element.
;                  $iFlag               - [optional] If set to 1, the array size must to a multiple of $iCols. Default is 0.
; Return values .: Success : Returns a 2D array
;                  Failure : Returns 0 and sets @error to :
;                    1 - $aArray is not an array
;                    2 - $iStart is greater than $iEnd
;                    3 - $aArray is not a 1D array
;                    4 - $aArray size is not a multiple of $iCols
; Author ........: jguinch
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _Array1DTo2D($avArray, $iCols, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iFlag = 0)

If $iStart = Default OR $iStart < 0 Then $iStart = 0
    If $iEnd = Default Then $iEnd = 0

If NOT IsArray($avArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If UBound($avArray, 0) <> 1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)

Local $iUBound = UBound($avArray) - 1

If $iEnd < 1 Then $iEnd = $iUBound
    If $iEnd > $iUBound Then $iEnd = $iUBound
    If $iStart > $iEnd Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Local $iNbRows = ($iEnd - $iStart + 1) / $iCols
    If $iFlag AND IsFloat($iNbRows) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Local $aRet[ Ceiling($iNbRows) ][$iCols]
    Local $iCol = 0, $iRow = 0
    For $i = $iStart To $iEnd
        If $iCol = $iCols Then
            $iCol = 0
            $iRow += 1
        EndIf
        $aRet[$iRow][$iCol] = $avArray[$i]
        $iCol += 1
    Next

Return $aRet
EndFunc

I hope it is clear enough

Edited by jguinch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• lattey
      By lattey
      hi,
      i have checkboxes and each checkbox that checked, i put in array. 
      now, im stuck on how to loop the checked array and store in in one variable. what i can do now, is only write the result into a text file. 
      below is the code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ;~ #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $Count = 3 Global $CheckBoxP[$Count] Global $step[$Count] global $array1[1] Global $ExitResult $hGUI = GUICreate("Summary Steps", 500, 400) GUISetFont(12, 400, "Tahoma") GUICtrlCreateLabel( "Please Select the Summary Steps for Script Check", 70, 20) GUISetFont(10, 400, "Tahoma") Global $array_Pstep[3] = ["fix2","fix1","fix3"] global $step[3] = ["2","3","4"] $Spacing = 50 For $i = 0 To UBound($array_Pstep) - 1 $CheckBoxP[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($array_Pstep[$i], 80, $Spacing + (20 * $i), 65, 17) Next $submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit",180, 280, 80, 30) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit",180, 320, 80, 30) GUISetState() While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Select case $Msg=$submit For $i = 0 To $Count - 1 If GUICtrlRead($CheckBoxP[$i]) = $GUI_CHECKED Then _ArrayAdd($array1, $step[$i]) EndIf Next Global $logfilerray = @WorkingDir & "\checkedlist.txt" FileDelete ($logfilerray) Global $readlogfile = FileOpen($logfilerray,1) for $a = 1 to UBound($array1) - 1 ;~ $var=$array1[$a] FileWriteLine($readlogfile,$array1[$a]) Next FileClose($readlogfile) Exit case $Msg=$exit $ExitResult = MsgBox(1,"Summary Step", "Continue to Exit ?") if $ExitResult = 1 Then ;ok Exit EndIf Exit EndSelect WEnd  
    • omicron
      By omicron
      How do you perform a nested loop function with a multidimensional array from 2 lists.
      for i in list1
      (open file) extract variable
          while open for i in list 2
          (open file2) extract variable

var1 + var2 = (search term)

The list sizes will more than likely consist of different lengths.

What is the best approach to accomplishing this method?

• omicron
      By omicron
      Hello!

I am working on a function that I am just getting lost on. The goal is a multiple nested loop.

Here are the steps:
      Contents of file1.txt::
      [topic] var1=Name var2=OtherName var3=SomeotheName Contents of file2.txt::
      [subTopic] top=sub1 top2=sub2 top3=sub3 The Shell I am working from::
      #include <file.au3> $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) msgbox(0,'','the line ' & $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file) Understanding however that the "msgbox" needs to then become a variable. in example the following::
      $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) While true( prog.exe is running && "WinName" is open) do For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ;Open File to log "current location of file 1" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) var = $line Next $file2 = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ; OpenFile to log "Current location of file 2" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file2) FileClose($file) The goal in written form is the following ::

While in "OpenWindow"
          read from file 1 starting at line 1 until end of file.
         file 1 is a list of names to be searched.
         With $line selected, add this element to the element in file 2.

The search of a variables in list 1 and list 2 differ on the amount of posts that day. (This is not a web based platform, it is a game) I need to search 2 names and take a screenshot of the out put. The sizes of the names list depend on the activity of names at the time of search.
      This loop continues until all the names from both lists have been searched. Mostly in the format of::
      File1= item
      File2= Vendor

Item + Vendor  ( Capture screen, scroll) -- Not sure how to detect if I need to scroll)

Thank you for your help and support!
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Virtual People,
      My array works perfectly fine. However, what is the best practice if the line in the array doesn't have the correct amount of columns and if I can add a placeholder?

For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead1) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead1, $count) $input = StringSplit($string, ",", 1) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value2, "A1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value1, "B1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value3, "C1") Next  
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      hi all,
      reviewing the forum, this thread is applicable: 

I wanted to know if there is now a better way to do this?
      In essence, I load a tab delimited txt file into an array (works well). I used tab, as some fields in the original csv contains commas.
      However, I needed autoit to manipulate this array, and output it as a csv.
      IF my array contains items with a comma, without double quotes around the field, then how best do I get a csv out of this?
      My current workaround is to filewritefromarray tab delimited, then open it in excel and save as a csv. I will need to check this to see how the address fields behave that contain a comma.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.