Having an issue with using an environment variable in a UNC path...

Go to solution Solved by JLogan3o13,

Hello and Good Day AutoIT Community....

I am trying to use the %LOGONSERVER% variable in a RunAs() statment, and its not working...hope you can tell me what I am going wrong....

In Windows, the %LOGONSERVER% variable is used to tell you what domain controller your session is currentlly using. I am trying to leverage that in the following code....

; Script Start - Add your code below here
Local $DomainController = EnvGet("LOGONSERVER")
RunAs("User", "domain FQDN", "Password", 0, "$DomainControllerNETLOGONBatchCommand.cmd")

So in the above code, I am using the EnvGent() command to retrieve the LOGONSERVER environment variable and send that to a variable called $DomainController

I then simply want to run a command thats in the NETLOGON share of our domain controllers.... Am I using the $DomainController variable wrong in the last part of the RunAs command? I noticed that the $DomainController part does not show grey, so I don't think Autoit is recognizing the fact that its a variable. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help you can provide....

• Moderators
  • Solution

Common mistake, you have your variable inside your quotes. Try this:

Local $DomainController = EnvGet("LOGONSERVER")
 RunAs("User", "domain FQDN", "Password", 0, $DomainController & "\NETLOGON\BatchCommand.cmd")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!