Sign in to follow this  
weszzer

Send value to cmd console from four input box using command button

Hi,

I'm very new to Autoit, and I have simple project that assigned to me.

Basically, what I would like to do is to send a date value to cmd-console from four input box (inputbox1=YYYY, inputbox2=MM, inputbox3=DD and inoutbox4=HH)and send it using button.

I can't figure on how to read the value from these inputboxs and using pushbutton it will send the value to cmd console like C:YYYY/MM/DD/HH 

I don't haven't started any code as I don't know how to start.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

inputbox returns strings, so no need to read just set a variable

$inputbox# = inputbox(...)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateButton.htm

in the example the case for the button runs notepad, in your case it should

run("cmd /k " & $inputbox1 & "/" & $inputbox2 & "/" & $inputbox3 & "/" $inputbox4)

though i dont think its going to like your forward slashes very much unless the month day and hour are arguments for Year.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

inputbox returns strings, so no need to read just set a variable

$inputbox# = inputbox(...)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateButton.htm

in the example the case for the button runs notepad, in your case it should

run("cmd /k " & $inputbox1 & "/" & $inputbox2 & "/" & $inputbox3 & "/" $inputbox4)

though i dont think its going to like your forward slashes very much unless the month day and hour are arguments for Year.

Many thanks boththose.

Just a follow-up question, how to I add the code inside the button.?

below is my code created in ISN

#include-once

; -- Created with ISN Form Studio 2 for ISN AutoIt Studio -- ;
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiButton.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1",295,179,-1,-1,-1,-1)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,40,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,70,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,100,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1",100,140,100,30,-1,-1)

Thank you.

Edited by weszzer

There are many differences between inputbox and GuiCtrlCreateInput, you need to read the helpfile on both and decide the route that best suits you.  There is no code "inside" a button, its just a control like everything else.  You should use the helpfile example for GuiCtrlCtreateButton and work backwards, the magic happens in the case statements.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

weszzer,

Instead of multiple input controls you might consider a date control.  The values are changed by selecting the value (year, day, month, hour) and using the UP/DOWN control to change them...

#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

local $gui010 = GUICreate('Date Example', 200, 100)
Local $cDate  = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 10, 10, 185, 20, $DTS_UPDOWN)
local $cbtn1  = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 10, 50, 185, 20)

; This sets how the date is displayed
GUICtrlSendMsg($cDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, "yyyy/MM/dd/HH")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $cbtn1
            ;
            ; do whatever you want with the date...in this case write it to the console
            ;
            ConsoleWrite('C:\' & guictrlread($cDate) & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

kylomas

edit: spelling

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By robertocm
      I'm trying to use some inputboxes as radio buttons.
      This code seems to work ok, but don't know if there's is a better 'option'
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiConstants.au3> GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND") Global $aInput[4] $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500) $aInput[0] = GUICtrlCreateInput("Some text 1a", 10, 10, 200, 24) $aInput[1] = GUICtrlCreateInput("Some text 1b", 10, 40, 200, 24) $aInput[2] = GUICtrlCreateInput("Some text 2a", 10, 80, 200, 24) $aInput[3] = GUICtrlCreateInput("Some text 2b", 10, 110, 200, 24) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam) Local $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ; high word Local $nID = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) ; low word Local $hCtrl = $lParam Switch $nID Case $aInput[0] Switch $nNotifyCode Case $EN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[0], 0x98FB98) GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[1], 0xD3D3D3) EndSwitch Case $aInput[1] Switch $nNotifyCode Case $EN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[0], 0xD3D3D3) GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[1], 0x98FB98) EndSwitch Case $aInput[2] Switch $nNotifyCode Case $EN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[2], 0x98FB98) GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[3], 0xD3D3D3) EndSwitch Case $aInput[3] Switch $nNotifyCode Case $EN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[2], 0xD3D3D3) GUICtrlSetBkColor($aInput[3], 0x98FB98) EndSwitch EndSwitch ; Proceed the default Autoit3 internal message commands. ; You also can complete let the line out. ; !!! But only 'Return' (without any value) will not proceed ; the default Autoit3-message in the future !!! Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_COMMAND Would you recommend using _WinAPI_GetFocus instead?

Thanks,

• By matwachich
      HI everybody! It's been a (very) long time since I posted something useful!
      Here I come with a new functions that I needed in a project that needs many different forms to insert different data into a database. Instead of creating a different Koda form for each data type, I decided to create this function, inspired by this one (from the excellent IUP GUI library).
      To create an input dialog, you first must create a JSON definition of this dialog. Simple example of a login form:
      { title: "Dialog Title", controls: [ {type:"label", value:"Please login"}, {type:"input", id:"user", label:"User name"}, {type:"input", id:"pass", label:"Password", style:$ES_PASSWORD}, {type:"check", id:"remember", label:"Remember me", value:true} ] } Then pass it to the advInputBox function:
      #include "advInputBox.au3" Dim $oRet = advInputBox($sJSON) If @error Then MsgBox(64, "Example1", "Dialog canceled") Else MsgBox(64, "Example1", "Return: " & Json_Encode($oRet, 128)) ; you can access individual values by ids: ; Json_ObjGet($oRet, "username") ; Json_ObjGet($oRet, "password") ; Json_ObjGet($oRet, "remember") EndIf And you will get an InputBox like this one:

The code is on GutHub
      Enjoy!

• By Ackerz
      Hi guys,
      So I am trying to automate a task and this task has an input box with an already set character "9". 
      I have just decided that I don't really need the input as an option but it's good to leave however for this instance I would like it to run past this point automatically. I've tried numerous ways to try and automate the use of the "OK" button using ControlClick and various other options. I just can't seem to see where this point in the script is. Scoured the forums for anything similar but didn't have any luck finding anything. Sorry to be a pain and I hope someone can help, if I haven't explained in enough detail please don't hesitate to ask for more.
      Many thanks,
      Ackerz

Local $len Local $n Local $buff Local $aMyDate $Len = InputBox("Test",$msgPrompt,"9") $len = StringStripWS($len,$STR_STRIPALL) ;Check that user has entered a vaild password length if not StringIsDigit($len) or $len = 0 Then MsgBox(48,"Error","Invaild Integer was entered" & @CRLF & "Program will now exit.") Exit EndIf ;This creates the random password. for $i = 1 to $Len ;Pick a random char between 1 and the pwsMask Length $n = int(random(1,StringLen($pwsMask))) ;Concat each char that has been picked out of pwsMask to $buff $buff = $Buff & StringMid($pwsmask,$n,1) Next  
    • By ramin92003
      Hi, 
      Is there any possibility to change the cancel button text to quit in the Inputbox?
    • By pixelsearch
      Hi everybody,
      I wanted to share with you this short piece of code where InputBox will always be on top (it's important to have it on top, kind of "MsgBox style") .  It's the shortest way I found to make it happen, with few lines of code :
      Do $sNb_Quest = InputBox("Quiz", "How many questions to answer ? (1-99)", "10", " M2", _ 220, 140, Default, Default, 0, GUICreate("", 0, 0, 0, 0, Default, @SW_SHOWDEFAULT)) If @error = 1 Then MsgBox(4096, "End of script", "You choosed to Quit") Exit EndIf GUIDelete() ; place this line here, not just after InputBox, or @error will be reset to 0 $iNb_Quest = Number($sNb_Quest) Until $iNb_Quest > 0 And IsInt($iNb_Quest) = 1 MsgBox(4096, "Result", "Your choice : " & $iNb_Quest) In the precedent code, the user can't type more than 2 characters. Inputs like "0" or ".5" or "-1" will be automatically rejected, also the Input is mandatory, default is 10. The last parameter, GUICreate, is the key to have this InputBox always on top (in a quick way)

My question is : should GUIDelete() be present in the code or can we delete that line ?
      It seems to work fine without the GUIDelete() line, but in case the loop repeats several times (because of bad inputs), then we will have several GUICreate() without a single GUIDelete() ?
      Thanks for... your input