Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weszzer

Send value to cmd console from four input box using command button

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm very new to Autoit, and I have simple project that assigned to me.

Basically, what I would like to do is to send a date value to cmd-console from four input box (inputbox1=YYYY, inputbox2=MM, inputbox3=DD and inoutbox4=HH)and send it using button.

I can't figure on how to read the value from these inputboxs and using pushbutton it will send the value to cmd console like C:YYYY/MM/DD/HH 

I don't haven't started any code as I don't know how to start.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

inputbox returns strings, so no need to read just set a variable

$inputbox# = inputbox(...)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateButton.htm

in the example the case for the button runs notepad, in your case it should

run("cmd /k " & $inputbox1 & "/" & $inputbox2 & "/" & $inputbox3 & "/" $inputbox4)

though i dont think its going to like your forward slashes very much unless the month day and hour are arguments for Year.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

inputbox returns strings, so no need to read just set a variable

$inputbox# = inputbox(...)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateButton.htm

in the example the case for the button runs notepad, in your case it should

run("cmd /k " & $inputbox1 & "/" & $inputbox2 & "/" & $inputbox3 & "/" $inputbox4)

though i dont think its going to like your forward slashes very much unless the month day and hour are arguments for Year.

Many thanks boththose.

Just a follow-up question, how to I add the code inside the button.?

below is my code created in ISN

#include-once

; -- Created with ISN Form Studio 2 for ISN AutoIt Studio -- ;
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiButton.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1",295,179,-1,-1,-1,-1)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,40,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,70,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateInput("",40,100,150,20,-1,512)
GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1",100,140,100,30,-1,-1)

Thank you.

Edited by weszzer

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

There are many differences between inputbox and GuiCtrlCreateInput, you need to read the helpfile on both and decide the route that best suits you.  There is no code "inside" a button, its just a control like everything else.  You should use the helpfile example for GuiCtrlCtreateButton and work backwards, the magic happens in the case statements.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

weszzer,

Instead of multiple input controls you might consider a date control.  The values are changed by selecting the value (year, day, month, hour) and using the UP/DOWN control to change them...

#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

local $gui010 = GUICreate('Date Example', 200, 100)
Local $cDate  = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 10, 10, 185, 20, $DTS_UPDOWN)
local $cbtn1  = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 10, 50, 185, 20)

; This sets how the date is displayed
GUICtrlSendMsg($cDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, "yyyy/MM/dd/HH")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $cbtn1
            ;
            ; do whatever you want with the date...in this case write it to the console
            ;
            ConsoleWrite('C:\' & guictrlread($cDate) & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

kylomas

edit: spelling

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks kylomas..

Thanks boththose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• StudioMaker
      By StudioMaker
      Hey anyone knows how i can have a inputbox that is connected to an HotKeySet? Like if u put in like "a" in the inputbox it sets the hotkey to "a"?

• akira2891
      By akira2891
      Hi,
      I was wondering is this all inputs can be done in 1 box with 3 fields and not to use another gui.
      And how can i validate data for example if i don't enter username he prompt me a message box all time until field is empty.
      I try like this but it give me a msgbox and continue on another field.
      $username = InputBox("Add new user", "Username", "", "", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0) if $username <> " " then msgbox(0, "", "Please enter username") endif $email = InputBox("Add new user", "Email", "", "", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0) $password = InputBox("Add new user", "Password", "", "*", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0)  
    • kneze
      By kneze
      Hi all,
      i would like to enter a vlaue to Inputbox 1 an press button1. Script should search value in a text file and put value after "; " to Inputbox 2.
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <file.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 257, 119, 192, 124) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 15, 35, 121, 21) $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input2", 15, 60, 121, 21) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 145, 35, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $iLines = _FileCountLines(@ScriptDir & "\data.txt") ;MsgBox(0, "Char read:", $ilines) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 EndSwitch WEnd can anyone help?
      data.txt
    • GeorgeB
      By GeorgeB
      I'm having trouble in making an input box where I can limit the characters that can be inputted.  Anybody have an idea how this can be done in Auto IT?
      Specifically I would like to create an input field where the user would enter a MAC address.  What I would like to do is to limit the characters that can be inputted to only HEX values (A-F and 0-9 as well as the - character).  This is so that the user cannot input invalid characters. The program is going to be used by very non-technical people, so the idea is to remove as many chances for errors that we can think of.  I would also prefer to limit the field to only 17 characters, so that there is only enough space to enter the MAC address with the - character as the separator.
      Thank you all in advance for any suggestions!
    • DavidFigueroa
      By DavidFigueroa
      I'm trying to create an inputbox that automatically formats numbers with leading zeroes when the updown control is used.  I found an example from Melba23 (see below) that shows a step incremented inputbox, and based on that, I tried to create one that would work, but it does not.
      I am creating separate inputs for hours and minutes, and I want to make sure the inputbox is always 2 digits. And right up front, I don't pretend to really understand the DLLStruct* calls.. 
      Melba23's sample:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <UpDownConstants.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500) $hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("5000", 10, 10, 100, 20) $hUpDown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown($hInput, BitOR($UDS_WRAP, $UDS_NOTHOUSANDS)) GUICtrlSetLimit($hUpDown, 6000, 5000) GUISetState() GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY") While 1     Switch GUIGetMsg()         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit     EndSwitch WEnd Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)     ; Is it from the UpDown?     If BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) = $hUpDown Then         ; Create NMUPDOWN structure         Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd;long;int;long;long", $lParam)         ; Is it a change message?         If DllStructGetData($tStruct, 3) = 0xFFFFFD2E Then ; $UDN_DELTAPOS             ; Alter the change value             DllStructSetData($tStruct, 5, 100 * DllStructGetData($tStruct, 5))         EndIf     EndIf EndFunc ;~ The NMUPDOWN structure holds: ;~ 1 - Handle of UpDown ;~ 2 - ControlID of UpDown ;~ 3 - Message type sent by UpDown ;~ 4 - Current value of UpDown ;~ 5 - Change to apply to input (+/-1) And here is my non-working sample (it runs, and the initial value shows correctly, but when you hit the updown, you lose the leading zeroes.
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("Window", 300, 100, -1, -1) $Count = 1 Global $hEdit = GUICtrlCreateInput($Count, 15, 15, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, "", "Tahoma") GUICtrlSetData(-1, StringFormat("%03u",$Count)) Global $hUpDown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 100, 0) GUISetState() While 1     $hMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $hMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit     EndSwitch WEnd Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)     ; Is it from the UpDown?     If BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) = $hUpDown Then         ; Create NMUPDOWN structure         Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd;long;int;long;long", $lParam)         ; Is it a change message?         If DllStructGetData($tStruct, 3) = 0xFFFFFD2E Then ; $UDN_DELTAPOS             ; Alter the change value             $ValueToSet = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 4)             $ValueToSet = StringFormat("%03u", $ValueToSet)             GUICtrlSetData($hEdit, $ValueToSet)         EndIf     EndIf EndFunc