_IEBodyReadHTML sometimes get Error

I used _IEBodyReadHTML to read website, delay 5 second. This script run OK, but sometimes I get this error

autoit1.jpg

Lrs.jpg

I checked code in IE.au3, Line 1940, this line is Returns HTML included in the body of the docuement, I found no mistake here.

My problem is:

1. What can I do to by pass this error?

2. Whenever I get this error, my auto can't run continuous. If the website change on this time, I will missing. Can I set this error to exceptions?

3. Can I auto close this error and reopen the script to keep my auto run continuous.

#include <IE.au3>
ReadWeb()
Func ReadWeb()
        While 1
                $Url = "http://www.autoitscript.com/"
                $oIE = _IECreate($Url, 1)
                $html = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)
                ConsoleWrite("string: " & $html & @CRLF)
                Sleep(100)
                WinClose("[REGEXPTITLE:.*- Windows Internet Explorer]")
                Sleep(5000)
        WEnd
EndFunc
Edited by virushandsome

• 2 weeks later...

For one, what is the error you are recieving? As, all I see is you might have tried to attach a picture and it didn't seem to work.

Two, if you don't already have an IE window open when you start this script you will get this error:

--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch

That is because of this:

$oIE = _IECreate($Url, 1) ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The 1 param tries to attach to an existing window, which will throw this error ^^^^

By changing it to:

$oIE = _IECreate($Url)

you will not get this error.

Anything else I can help with? :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• 2 weeks later...

For one, what is the error you are recieving? As, all I see is you might have tried to attach a picture and it didn't seem to work.

Two, if you don't already have an IE window open when you start this script you will get this error:

--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch

That is because of this:

$oIE = _IECreate($Url, 1) ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The 1 param tries to attach to an existing window, which will throw this error ^^^^

By changing it to:

$oIE = _IECreate($Url)

you will not get this error.

Anything else I can help with? :)

Sorry, I reupload the error picture. My script don't has the error you said.

Anyway, thank you!

I still wait for help!

As Danp2 pointed out;

ReadWeb()
Func ReadWeb()
        While 1
                $Url = "http://www.autoitscript.com/"
                $oIE = _IECreate($Url, 1)
                $html = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)
                ConsoleWrite("string: " & $html & @CRLF)
                Sleep(100)
                _IEQuit($oIE) ;Changed from WinClose to _IEQuit
                Sleep(5000)
        WEnd
EndFunc

Else it's a nightmare to bug as you will have a billion million windows xD Second of all, I don't seem to be able to reproduce your error ran it for a good while. Thirdly, I strongly suggest you run it in SciTE so that you get a command console with said error and it should be easier to at least flush out what line is the trouble maker. Fourthly, I take it this is just some example/learning code? Why direct to a function, when it's just going to loop? The function is so obsolete it makes my skin turn zebra pattern xD.. all do respect ^^

EDIT: Come to think of it, as you say it's now and then after it's been run for a while. Is it because the process list is clogged with "iexplorer.exe" because your program does not shut them down properly? It's a vague long shot, and highly probably faulty. But I digress.

Edited by Sodori